Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-11-2023, 11:22 AM   #177
Mrrcman
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidence View Post
Like chris3g said add 12bb01 and 12bc01 to the deactivated codes at the bottom of your map settings. These are codes for sensor slow reaction caused by spacers or a minicat.

The "Catalytic Monitors (CEL)" option must just disable the cat efficiency codes.

With a catted downpipe, short spacers (BDG ones were too deep for me) or stock setup is most likely to avoid a CEL, but seems no one size fits all solution. Deactivate the codes above and you can ignore the issue lol.

OK thank you I will give that a shot
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 09:31 AM   #178
Mrrcman
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidence View Post
Like chris3g said add 12bb01 and 12bc01 to the deactivated codes at the bottom of your map settings. These are codes for sensor slow reaction caused by spacers or a minicat.

The "Catalytic Monitors (CEL)" option must just disable the cat efficiency codes.

With a catted downpipe, short spacers (BDG ones were too deep for me) or stock setup is most likely to avoid a CEL, but seems no one size fits all solution. Deactivate the codes above and you can ignore the issue lol.
I added in the tune and re-flashed the Map and they came back again any idea?
Attached Images

Last edited by Mrrcman; 08-15-2023 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 08:54 PM   #179
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

I just flashed the custom rom multi-map stage 2 tune. It seems the default map is slot 2 which is a 91 tune. I’m trying to switch to slot 3 (93 tune) but for the life of me I can’t figure out how. I’ve tried pressing/holding every cruise control button but nothing seems to work. What’s the secret to switching maps on custom rom?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 10:34 PM   #180
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
I just flashed the custom rom multi-map stage 2 tune. It seems the default map is slot 2 which is a 91 tune. I’m trying to switch to slot 3 (93 tune) but for the life of me I can’t figure out how. I’ve tried pressing/holding every cruise control button but nothing seems to work. What’s the secret to switching maps on custom rom?
the cruise up and down switch, I believe that holding it up is for antilag and holding it down but not past the click will display ethanol % with the tach and holding it down past the click will show which map youre in (and you can release the switch and it will hold the tach display for a couple seconds) and while its showing you that you can move it up or down with the switch to change the map
Appreciate 1
81bear427.50
      02-09-2024, 07:53 AM   #181
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
the cruise up and down switch, I believe that holding it up is for antilag and holding it down but not past the click will display ethanol % with the tach and holding it down past the click will show which map youre in (and you can release the switch and it will hold the tach display for a couple seconds) and while its showing you that you can move it up or down with the switch to change the map
This is 100% correct. The only caveat is that I have two clicks with the cruise lever down. The second gets you to map switching. I’ve been stopping at the first click as I thought that was as far as it goes lol…
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 05:55 AM   #182
M4Martin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition, Mini Cooper S

Can the custom rom features be used with custom tunes or do you have to use the ots tunes to be able to use the antilag and multimap features?

Is it possible to have a map slot tuned for 91 and a map slot tuned for E30 without using a flex fuel kit? I don't have ethanol near my house but the gas station near the drag strip has it. I'd like to be able to that station and calculate an e30 blend using an app then put it in the car run e30 at the strip and switch back to a 91 map without flashing after that tanks empty.

I should have my DME back from femto on Tuesday. I also ordered downpipes last night. If I flash stage 1 ots how much is it going to cost me to switch it to the stage 2 ots map until I get it tuned?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 10:05 AM   #183
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Martin View Post

Is it possible to have a map slot tuned for 91 and a map slot tuned for E30 without using a flex fuel kit? I don't have ethanol near my house but the gas station near the drag strip has it. I'd like to be able to that station and calculate an e30 blend using an app then put it in the car run e30 at the strip and switch back to a 91 map without flashing after that tanks empty.
Not the safest way to run the engine really. You can calculate however much you want with an app and gallons, etc. but it’ll never be dead on. Proper way is to just get the analyzer installed and then the tune will actually use the proper timing tables based on the exactly content. There’s then no chance of a mishap and you can simply sit on one map that dynamically chooses timing based on content, regardless of what that amount is.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 03:22 PM   #184
M4Martin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition, Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Not the safest way to run the engine really. You can calculate however much you want with an app and gallons, etc. but it’ll never be dead on. Proper way is to just get the analyzer installed and then the tune will actually use the proper timing tables based on the exactly content. There’s then no chance of a mishap and you can simply sit on one map that dynamically chooses timing based on content, regardless of what that amount is.
Ok cool I just bit the bullet and ordered the flex fuel kit too.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 10:42 AM   #185
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Martin View Post
Ok cool I just bit the bullet and ordered the flex fuel kit too.
Let us know how it goes

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 03:03 PM   #186
Derek.Hohn
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Grigio Telesto

proTUNING Freaks

I had started a thread asking about the Bm3 Rev Board release date and whether or not any additional programming would need to be done by Femto. There seem to have been 2 different answers provided to community members through instagram. I am about to send out my ecu but want to integrate the Rev 2 board when it becomes available for the port injection safeties it will provide.

I would prefer to only send it out once instead of sending it twice.

Could you please clarify on the below replies through Instagram ?

Clarification on this for the community would be greatly appreciated.

Response to one forum member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g80_zayd View Post
Said who? Do you have email proof?

Response to second forum member

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 03:04 PM   #187
Derek.Hohn
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Grigio Telesto

The original thread for additional reference.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2077657
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 04:10 PM   #188
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
You will need to unlock your ECU again for Rev2 CustomRom unless, you have a spare pre 06/2020 ecu already.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 07:34 AM   #189
MartinS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
S58 CustomROM support is Now Available !🙌

Over the past year we've worked tirelessly to build significant automation that would allow us to port our CustomROM features across software updates as they get released for vehicles we support. We applied it to the S58 and managed to add support for all 8 S58 software versions including all G8x M3/M4 and G9x X3M/X4M.

FlexFuel, AntiLag, MapSwitching, LiveAdjust Tuning, In-Dash Ethanol Content Check, and close to 5000 tuning tables available in the bm3 Map Editor.

🔸Any new OTS Maps available?
Two new MultiMap OTS maps, Stage 1 and a Stage 2. Each MultiMap contains 4 steering wheel switchable map slots. FlexFuel and Antilag are built into all of them and scale from 0 to 100% ethanol.

🔸Can I get this if my DME is currently LOCKED and requires a FEMTO Unlock?
Yes. You need to purchase a BM3 license, activate your bootmod3 software license, and then send your DME to Femto. We provided Femto with means to load BM3 CustomROM software along with our Transmission Limiter Bypass. Once you get your DME back from Femto, it'll have the BM3 CustomROM on it with their unlock.

🔸Can I get this if my DME is Femto UNLOCKED?
Unfortunately, due to specifics around the Femto unlock, you will need to have your DME resent to Femto for CustomROM software to be applied along side their unlock. Your DME would lose its Femto unlock if we allowed a full flash of the software to be done. If you were to flash the MultiMap without resending it to Femto, you will simply have MultiMap's map1 power available and no CustomROM [...]
Hi,
I have a friend who I want to tune my car via BM3 but what do I/we need for him to do that?
      02-26-2024, 08:47 AM   #190
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek.Hohn View Post
proTUNING Freaks

I had started a thread asking about the Bm3 Rev Board release date and whether or not any additional programming would need to be done by Femto. There seem to have been 2 different answers provided to community members through instagram. I am about to send out my ecu but want to integrate the Rev 2 board when it becomes available for the port injection safeties it will provide.

I would prefer to only send it out once instead of sending it twice.

Could you please clarify on the below replies through Instagram ?

Clarification on this for the community would be greatly appreciated.

Response to one forum member.

Response to second forum member

They have been promising REV2 for awhile now. And it’s getting a bit annoying. It turns out yes, you do have to send out the ECU again, and the guy Zanin was misinformed in telling me that we do not have to send out to FEMTO again. Whenever you ask BM3 for a release date, they just say “soon.” How soon, we don’t know. But considering they just released the single bank update for single turbo cars, I imagine it will be quite awhile until REV2 will be released. Imagine how much it would suck for someone with a single turbo car to send their Ecu out now for this update, only for them to have to resend out again next month. This tells me it’s going to be at least June by the time they release it. Another alternative for you: send out the ECU and buy the RTP harness and MAXXECU controller. I have heard great things and it has much better integration than Reflex. And will likely be just as good as REV2, with the only inconvenience being that you have to separately log for it (I think) similar to Reflex.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 10:36 AM   #191
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They have been promising REV2 for awhile now. And it’s getting a bit annoying. It turns out yes, you do have to send out the ECU again, and the guy Zanin was misinformed in telling me that we do not have to send out to FEMTO again. Whenever you ask BM3 for a release date, they just say “soon.” How soon, we don’t know. But considering they just released the single bank update for single turbo cars, I imagine it will be quite awhile until REV2 will be released. Imagine how much it would suck for someone with a single turbo car to send their Ecu out now for this update, only for them to have to resend out again next month. This tells me it’s going to be at least June by the time they release it. Another alternative for you: send out the ECU and buy the RTP harness and MAXXECU controller. I have heard great things and it has much better integration than Reflex. And will likely be just as good as REV2, with the only inconvenience being that you have to separately log for it (I think) similar to Reflex.
I understand the frustration, but that's a cost to pay when a company is leading the way with innovation. they must do their R&D and can't commit to a date as they should not release the product until they are 100% satisfied with the result.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 10:41 AM   #192
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I understand the frustration, but that's a cost to pay when a company is leading the way with innovation. they must do their R&D and can't commit to a date as they should not release the product until they are 100% satisfied with the result.
I agree, and I don’t blame them for that. They have made a ton of changes to it apparently. But if it’s not out by May I will be going the MAXXECU route.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 12:36 PM   #193
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
Hi,
I have a friend who I want to tune my car via BM3 but what do I/we need for him to do that?
You need to put in an application for Self Tune so PTF lets you get to the tuning parameters page. Copy your stock map to a new CustomROM map, open it and tune away. Then your buddy can remote into your laptop using any screen-share program to make changes.
      02-27-2024, 11:41 AM   #194
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree, and I don’t blame them for that. They have made a ton of changes to it apparently. But if it’s not out by May I will be going the MAXXECU route.

Appreciate 0