Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-29-2022, 11:08 AM   #89
Josh/AWE
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPay2Play View Post
Does anyone know if AWE has an intake coming out?
We're cookin' up something nice
Appreciate 1
MinMax228.00
      08-29-2022, 11:19 AM   #90
iPay2Play
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPay2Play View Post
Does anyone know if AWE has an intake coming out?
Awesome! By buddy has your intake on his Supra and loves it.
Appreciate 1
Sara/AWE185.50
      08-29-2022, 12:05 PM   #91
SexyRoger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara/AWE View Post

Welcome to the party in the back. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the BMW G8X M3 & M4.

Overview:
  • 50-state emissions-complaint dual 3” exhaust configuration
  • Available as valved SwitchPath™ or rowdy Track Edition
  • AWE's first SwitchPath™ exhaust for BMW to incorporate drone-canceling 180 Technology®
  • SwitchPath™ retains factory valve controls, no additional remote needed
  • Fits stock and M-Performance valances
  • Optional non-resonated performance mid-pipes available separately (for AWE Exhausts only)
  • Track Edition (with mid-pipes) provides a 22 lb weight savings over the stock exhaust
  • Bespoke X-pipe unlocks a smooth tone out of the S58
  • Ball socket mounting points for easy installation
  • Max gains of 3 hp and 5 lb-ft of torque at the wheels
  • Quad 4.5” double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver and diamond black
  • Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
  • Manufactured in-house at AWE
  • AWE No CEL Guarantee
  • AWE Perfect Fitment Guarantee
  • AWE Lifetime Warranty

IMPORTANT FITMENT NOTES THAT YOU SHOULD READ:
  • Mid Pipes: AWE’s Non-Resonated Performance Mid-Pipes are designed to be paired to AWE Exhausts only. Due to varying cut points, they’re not guaranteed to work with another manufacturer’s exhaust configuration.
  • Exhausts: AWE Exhausts feature inlet adapters to mate to the factory mid-section. When pairing AWE Mid-Pipes to the SwitchPath™ or Track Edition Exhausts, the aforementioned adapters are not needed. Due to varying cut points, AWE Exhausts are not guaranteed to mate with another manufacturer’s mid pipes.
  • Valances: AWE Exhausts are confirmed to fit stock and M-Performance valances.

The Options:

SwitchPath™:

Presenting the first AWE SwitchPath™ configuration for BMW to incorporate patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®.

No drone, minimal bends, maximum flow, and push-button attitude. The SwitchPath™ Exhaust is comprised of 3-inch U.S.-sourced T304L stainless steel, a precision x-pipe, and a valved SwitchPath™ muffler tuned specifically for the S58.

Beginning after factory mid pipe, the precision X-pipe immediately helps smooth the S58 of its rasp, deepening the tone before its refined further by the bespoke SwitchPath™ muffler in the rear.

The closed valve experience:

When the valves are closed, the SwitchPath™ Exhaust produces a refined, aggressive howl while remaining full-bodied and powerful – no congested, metallic sounds when on the throttle. At cruising speeds, interior acoustics are close to stock with no drone at cruising speeds. AWE SwitchPath™ tech also responds perfectly to the many transmission settings and shift points in automatic vehicles. Drop the hammer with the valves closed and SwitchPath™ sings a proper M anthem. If you were to leave the valves closed at all times after equipping SwitchPath™, we wouldn’t blame you — it’s that good… all of the time.

The opened valve experience:

Open the valves and the S58’s roar is uncorked. Sport and Sport+ modes achieve the ultimate contrast in behavior when compared to comfort driving modes (valves closed). In Sport mode, the exhaust note is powerful, clean, and aggressive. In Sport+ mode, the same aggression applies… but with grin-provoking burbles. Thanks to the precision X-pipe, the rasp is still kept in check while allowing the exhaust note to reach full aggression.

If you’re looking for the best of both worlds (i.e. drone-free, clean aggression), and want to retain your factory valve behavior all while gaining peace of mind (i.e. emissions compliance), look no further than SwitchPath™.

The Track Edition:

AWE’s Track Edition takes all of the precision engineering and performance of its SwitchPath™ counterpart, minus the valved muffler in the rear. The result is a constant “valve open” mode, at an affordable price. If you’re craving rich and rowdy tones at all times, and a hefty 22 lb weight savings, this is your dose of steel.

The Track Edition Exhaust, also 50 state legal like its SwitchPath™ sibling, comes complete with AWE valve simulators to accommodate your factory exhaust valve motors. Happy ECU, happy life.

Note: This version is known to get rowdy, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself (Sport+ mode can be pretty raucous)!

The Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipes:

Ditch the factory mid section and replace it with two 3”, non-resonated mid-pipes designed to up the ante in the aggression department. Mate the mid-pipes to the SwitchPath™ or Track Edition Exhausts if you prefer the party to start right behind the factory secondary catalysts.

Tips:

When it comes to showing off the party out back, each exhaust comes complete with quad 4.5” double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black.

Data:

Can you say I had beans for dinner. the pops just cheapen the car more.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 02:43 PM   #92
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3M Comp

Garage List
Kies just posted 3 hours ago. They have the full system (with res delete midpipes):
Appreciate 2
Sara/AWE185.50
Froz3n_M399.50
      08-29-2022, 08:17 PM   #93
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Waiting for catless downpipe witch non res.. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 07:13 AM   #94
Medal
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Garage List
@Sara/AWE

Do the exhaust valves open completely or so we need a 3rd party kit for that? I know with stock exhaust, even sport plus the valves don't open all the way.

Thanks!
      08-30-2022, 01:12 PM   #95
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM15 View Post
Yes, it’s finally released. I can now comment on it.
The black G80 you see above is mines

I had this switchpath since May, AWE use my vehicle as their development car YAY I have their first system. I separated from my G80 March 28 and picked back up from Awe on May 25th if you are counting this is 8 weeks long. Well worth it!!

A bit about the system, to me this how the G8X should sound from factory. AWE hit it out of the park with the design & craftsmanship. Everything fits as it should no rubbing, no tight fits just RIGHT.
The sound, zero drone or Rasp!!! This is the exhaust you want to have if you want that comfort when you just cruising but it can get loud when you want it also.
Overall, took long enough but the wait was worth it as this is one of the most well rounded exhaust available.

Later on I will be posting some videos on here as I had modified my sound a bit. I paired mines with MAD catless downpipes bc as we all know I just couldn’t hold my self lol. Even with the catless DP still no RASP!! This exhaust rocks!!

Feel free to ask any further questions.

I’m more active on Instagram in case I post there first here is my IG handle Jay9212.
Can this fit with the factory midpipes, or do you have to get AWE's?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 01:15 PM   #96
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
Going direct: can the Track hook up to factory midpipes, or do you need to get yours? With no muffler or resonators, don't really need any more sound...Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 02:10 PM   #97
LifesAnesthesia
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 G82, 911 992

Will a valve controller work with this exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 02:38 PM   #98
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia View Post
It uses the factory valve unit, I don't see how this would be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 06:26 PM   #99
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
Ordered through Mike, can't go wrong with Xtreme PH.

Cant wait to install and get the diaper off the car. I'll create an install and sound thread as well. Hoping it's here b4 C&C West palm on the 18th, would love to roll out there with it. Crossing fingers 😅.
Please let me know if you get this installed by then as I would drove up just to hear it in person!

I'm torn between just finding a shop to delete resonators, or doing awe plus their mids.
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Gone: 2020 M340i; 2017 F30 340i; 2008 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 06:29 PM   #100
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
Quote:
Ordered through Mike, can't go wrong with Xtreme PH.

Cant wait to install and get the diaper off the car. I'll create an install and sound thread as well. Hoping it's here b4 C&C West palm on the 18th, would love to roll out there with it. Crossing fingers 😅.
Please let me know if you get this installed by then as I would drove up just to hear it in person!

I'm torn between just finding a shop to delete resonators, or doing awe plus their mids.
I got you brother, just hoping Mike can expedite the shipping 😅.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 06:33 PM   #101
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
One of my best friends had your (AWE) exhausts on both an S4 and an s6. They both sounded fantastic, both in tone and volume.

Can you say which switchpath setup (with mid pipes or not) for the g8x would be closest to those setups in volume, assuming the exhaust was the only mod on the Audi's? If you need more info I can get the details from him on what he had.
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Gone: 2020 M340i; 2017 F30 340i; 2008 e92 335
Appreciate 1
kiw1617.00
      08-31-2022, 10:17 AM   #102
Sara/AWE
Rep

Drives: E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
@Sara/AWE

Do the exhaust valves open completely or so we need a 3rd party kit for that? I know with stock exhaust, even sport plus the valves don't open all the way.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia View Post
Since we utilize the factory valve motors to control our the valves in the SwitchPath™ they will function the same as factory throughout all the settings.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 10:19 AM   #103
Sara/AWE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Going direct: can the Track hook up to factory midpipes, or do you need to get yours? With no muffler or resonators, don't really need any more sound...Thanks!
The Track Edition was designed to work with factory midpipes, you make the cut directly where the chassis brace sits.

We made it so you can run factory midpipes or add in the AWE midpipes later on as an upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 10:24 AM   #104
Sara/AWE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw noob View Post
One of my best friends had your (AWE) exhausts on both an S4 and an s6. They both sounded fantastic, both in tone and volume.

Can you say which switchpath setup (with mid pipes or not) for the g8x would be closest to those setups in volume, assuming the exhaust was the only mod on the Audi's? If you need more info I can get the details from him on what he had.
Very hard to compare those platforms IMO, however I can say that my favorite (as well as the favorite over here at HQ) is the SwitchPath™ with midpipes.

The SwitchPath™ is tame by itself, which is perfect for those looking for that type of sound, but for those of us who want a little more I think adding the midpipes produces the perfect sound.

Good news is that we designed the system to be modular so you can go with the SwitchPath™ for now then always upgrade to the midpipes later on. You don't even need to uninstall the SwitchPath™ in order to install the mids which is a huge plus for me.
Appreciate 2
bmw noob1442.50
      08-31-2022, 01:17 PM   #105
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The Track Edition was designed to work with factory midpipes, you make the cut directly where the chassis brace sits.

We made it so you can run factory midpipes or add in the AWE midpipes later on as an upgrade.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 04:49 PM   #106
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Very hard to compare those platforms IMO, however I can say that my favorite (as well as the favorite over here at HQ) is the SwitchPath™ with midpipes.

The SwitchPath™ is tame by itself, which is perfect for those looking for that type of sound, but for those of us who want a little more I think adding the midpipes produces the perfect sound.

Good news is that we designed the system to be modular so you can go with the SwitchPath™ for now then always upgrade to the midpipes later on. You don't even need to uninstall the SwitchPath™ in order to install the mids which is a huge plus for me.
SwitchPath + Mid Pipes is what Kies Motorsports installed I think? That setup sounded so good and I love how you can tame it with SwitchPath
2012 Audi A4 Avant - SOLD
Insta: mtn_m3cx
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 05:47 PM   #107
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiw1 View Post
SwitchPath + Mid Pipes is what Kies Motorsports installed I think? That setup sounded so good and I love how you can tame it with SwitchPath
His latest video is what sold me. Granted, I think he has the valve controller which could be a quick addition for anyone.
Appreciate 2
kiw1617.00
Medal480.00
      08-31-2022, 06:22 PM   #108
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
His latest video is what sold me. Granted, I think he has the valve controller which could be a quick addition for anyone.
Yep, and it's loud enough for me
Appreciate 1
Froz3n_M399.50
      09-02-2022, 07:29 AM   #109
Sara/AWE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiw1 View Post
Yep that is his setup, the best combo IMO.

We do have one step rowdier which would be the Track Edition with Performance Mid Pipes.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 09:50 AM   #110
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep that is his setup, the best combo IMO.

We do have one step rowdier which would be the Track Edition with Performance Mid Pipes.
When you have the car in Sport Plus with SwitchPath is it comparable to Track Edition?
Appreciate 1
Medal480.00