home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #287
CarlosC84
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Comp XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaG80 View Post
Any update on the ship out dates for the black diamond tips? I have the chrome tips on right now, but the shop I ordered from says there's no date.
For real, I was originally told January and here we are at the end of March and still nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2023, 02:28 PM   #288
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i, G80 M3 6MT

Just ordered track exhaust with black tips and non res mid pipe from Mike, super excited hope to hear it soon !

2011 E90 335i xDrive
1996 E36 318i
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 05:35 PM   #289
Matheusoleiro
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Competition

Hey guys, I gotta be honest here. I just got the AWE SwitchPath exhaust system installed and I'm totally regretting it. Now, I'm not saying anything about the performance of the exhaust, but from a sound perspective, it's just terrible. I feel bad for those that ordered this exhaust like I did.

Before getting the AWE exhaust, I had my stock exhaust modified with both resonators deleted and the sound was amazing with burbles and everything. But I wanted even more noise, so I decided to spend a whopping $2,735.41 USD on the AWE SwitchPath.

Well, let me tell you, the sound inside the car is actually lower than the modified stock ones. And to make things worse, there's no burble whatsoever. I hit the M2 button, which is supposed to be the most noise version, and almost nothing happens.

I checked the valves in the back and they barely open. Sure, someone might say that I could get some valve controller to get the valves fully opened, but seriously, what's the point of spending 3k on an exhaust that sounds worse than the stock one? I'm just not happy with my purchase and I wanted to let others know before they make the same mistake I did.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2023, 03:21 PM   #290
CarlosC84
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Comp XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matheusoleiro View Post
Hey guys, I gotta be honest here. I just got the AWE SwitchPath exhaust system installed and I'm totally regretting it. Now, I'm not saying anything about the performance of the exhaust, but from a sound perspective, it's just terrible. I feel bad for those that ordered this exhaust like I did.

Before getting the AWE exhaust, I had my stock exhaust modified with both resonators deleted and the sound was amazing with burbles and everything. But I wanted even more noise, so I decided to spend a whopping $2,735.41 USD on the AWE SwitchPath.

Well, let me tell you, the sound inside the car is actually lower than the modified stock ones. And to make things worse, there's no burble whatsoever. I hit the M2 button, which is supposed to be the most noise version, and almost nothing happens.

I checked the valves in the back and they barely open. Sure, someone might say that I could get some valve controller to get the valves fully opened, but seriously, what's the point of spending 3k on an exhaust that sounds worse than the stock one? I'm just not happy with my purchase and I wanted to let others know before they make the same mistake I did.
Hell I just got a valve controller and was happy with the exhaust just like that. Its plenty loud with the valves open FULLY open all the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2023, 06:03 PM   #291
GrannyShiftG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 330i, G80 M3 6MT

Wow just installed the awe non res midpipes and track exhaust. This thing is INSANELY loud and the burbles are crazy

It does drone on the highway from 100-130 km/h but once you're past 130 it's good

2011 E90 335i xDrive
1996 E36 318i
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 08:32 AM   #292
Josh/AWE
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Quote:

Welcome to the forum!

To begin, the SwitchPath™ sounds fantastic with the valves closed, and even more menacing with 'em open. When you checked the valves in the back and saw they were not fully open, that is due to the valve system being dynamic, and it opens further when actually under throttle. Also, burbles are a result of the car's software, not the exhaust.

I would ensure your installation is correct as something sounds off. You wouldn't go from being burbly to no purples from swapping your pipes.

We made sure to cover the installation in painful detail to make sure you're covered. It can be watched here.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2023, 12:16 PM   #293
Sara/AWE
Rep

Drives: E46

Fresh installation of the SwitchPath™ by GSS Boston.

For more info check it out right this way!

pic for upload
Appreciate 1
Vinnrox2503000.50
      04-13-2023, 05:06 PM   #294
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

The Track edition is excellent. I went from wired open flaps--BIG improvement over stock where they virtually never open more than 25%, to the Track and the cold start almost sounds like my C7 with NPP, or C6s with Bullets. Lots of burbles, and a deep, aggressive tone in Sport + where I keep the car. The midpipe is stock, so saved a few bucks, and not needed, imo. SwitchPath from what I've read, if you want some more sound and nice frequencies, great. But the Track is the only one that interested me. Like the Bullets on my Vetts, single resonator is all there is from cats to exhaust tips. I wanted as loud as possible, and I got it. Poster should consider the conversion kit to Track as a good option.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 07:39 AM   #295
Bleaus64
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 on the way in port now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
I just had the Track installed on my M4 Comp. Cold start: sounds as loud as one of my C6 Vettes with Bullets! Really great! Revving in Sport+: loud, can get some burbles--not a lot and certainly not sounding like an AK-47! But deep, loud and powerful. Inside: Much louder--NO drone--but that is me. Drone never bothered me in the Vettes. But the funny thing is, even though it is louder, the sound proofing in a luxury car will muffle it to some degree. Hear burbles on over-run particularly. With the sound control on--Much better burbles. I don't know why, and it still sounds good with it off, but--again to me--just better with it on. Compared to previously--stock exhaust but valves wired full open, much more performance car sound.

Is it worth $2000+? Honestly, probably not. But in my case, pleased with the upgrade. And the truth is most of the exhaust parts for BMWs have a high BMW tax. Maybe not Porsche level, but higher than M-B, Audi, or Corvette. So, you pay to play and AWE certainly isn't the worst. Got it from Kies--in stock and shipped the same day with 5% Veteran discount. It is a good looking system, as well. I have chrome tips which I prefer, as with Shadowline, the car has nothing else shiney and looks good from the rear--a bit of contrast.
Sweet! and at the end of the day it’s all how it makes YOU feel and that you can’t put a price on👍
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 07:44 AM   #296
Bleaus64
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 on the way in port now!!

Quote:

thank you for that honest review! when you deleted your resonator did you do both? and I am assuming you left the secondary cats on? thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #297
Sara/AWE
Rep

Lookin' good with Vossens and the AWE Track Edition.

For more info, check it out right this way!

Last edited by Sara/AWE; 05-24-2023 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2023, 11:31 PM   #298
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Garage List
Finally looking at pulling the trigger on the Switchpath system and mid pipe here soon. Now it’s finding a reliable shop to install. Does anyone know of a good installer in DFW, Texas? And does this play well with a Dahler valve controller? If not, what valve controller?
      09-28-2023, 12:43 AM   #299
Ram_Rx
Legal Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG @ Ram.Rx_

Garage List
AWE SwitchPath with Non-resonated Midpipe Review:
Just doing a review on what I think about this exhaust. I went with AWE because I have their exhaust on a few of my other cars and they all sound really good in my opinion.

- Sounds great with the AWE Non-resonated Midpipe and ASD off via Bimmercode.
- No drone, this was my main concern.
- Exhaust tip looks great in diamond black and it goes well with Portimao Blue.
- Fitment is on point, make sure adjustments are done correctly so the center brace doesn’t hit up against the exhaust.
- The loudness is enough if you don’t want it waking up your neighbors with the exhaust closed or open.
- I might have to go with an exhaust valve controller to have it open 100% because I think it might be a little too quiet for my tasting with the OEM downpipe. The one thing that sucks about this car is the exhaust valve not opening 100% when you have it on open. It only opens 70% of the way on full throttle, not AWE fault more so of the BMW design.
- If you’re running an aftermarket downpipe, I think this setup would be perfect. Remember sound is subjective so this is just based on my preference.
- Customer service is great, my harness tore apart, and it was replaced in a week.
- Highly recommend this exhaust because it sounds great if you’re looking for something more tamed without breaking the bank because that BMW tax be hitting hard.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7

Clips:
Exhaust Close - Indoor
Exhaust Open - Indoor
Exhaust Close - Outdoor
Exhaust Open - Outdoor
Attached Images

Last edited by Ram_Rx; 09-28-2023 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 5
      09-28-2023, 09:55 PM   #300
IndyMed3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Anyone have experience with adding the SwitchPath to an Active Autowerke Equal Length midpipe? It’s my understanding they do not match up perfectly and there needs to be some custom fitting. Just trying to see what that might look like before pulling the trigger. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 10:17 PM   #301
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMed3 View Post
Anyone have experience with adding the SwitchPath to an Active Autowerke Equal Length midpipe? It’s my understanding they do not match up perfectly and there needs to be some custom fitting. Just trying to see what that might look like before pulling the trigger. Thanks!
AA sells replacement connecting pipes if you're specifically trying to connect it to an AWE. Not sure if they exist for the G8x, but they exist for the F8x.

https://store.activeautowerke.com/pr...40697261981807

If you contact them before you buy, you may be able to get those swapped in at once to not have to pay extra, letting them know you have an AWE exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 10:20 PM   #302
IndyMed3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
AA sells replacement connecting pipes if you're specifically trying to connect it to an AWE.

https://store.activeautowerke.com/pr...40697261981807

If you contact them before you buy, you may be able to get those swapped in at once to not have to pay extra.
Appears those are for F8x. Do they make them for G8x as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 08:41 AM   #303
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMed3 View Post
Appears those are for F8x. Do they make them for G8x as well?
Yeah I edited my post after. You'd probably have to contact them. I know it's been done as a custom part so they could do it if you at least paid.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 09:44 PM   #304
sbgolfer2221
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_Rx View Post
AWE SwitchPath with Non-resonated Midpipe Review:
Just doing a review on what I think about this exhaust. I went with AWE because I have their exhaust on a few of my other cars and they all sound really good in my opinion.

- Sounds great with the AWE Non-resonated Midpipe and ASD off via Bimmercode.
- No drone, this was my main concern.
- Exhaust tip looks great in diamond black and it goes well with Portimao Blue.
- Fitment is on point, make sure adjustments are done correctly so the center brace doesn’t hit up against the exhaust.
- The loudness is enough if you don’t want it waking up your neighbors with the exhaust closed or open.
- I might have to go with an exhaust valve controller to have it open 100% because I think it might be a little too quiet for my tasting with the OEM downpipe. The one thing that sucks about this car is the exhaust valve not opening 100% when you have it on open. It only opens 70% of the way on full throttle, not AWE fault more so of the BMW design.
- If you’re running an aftermarket downpipe, I think this setup would be perfect. Remember sound is subjective so this is just based on my preference.
- Customer service is great, my harness tore apart, and it was replaced in a week.
- Highly recommend this exhaust because it sounds great if you’re looking for something more tamed without breaking the bank because that BMW tax be hitting hard.

Pic 1
Pic 2
[URL="https://photos.app.goo.gl/YLjWcRvvHzLso1jJA"]Pic [...]
Thanks for the detailed post. How does it sound inside the cabin? Do you have asd coded off? I’m looking for a good sound and not too terribly loud w stock valve functionality. SWITCHBack w their non res midpipe seems to be a good choice. The videos you uploaded were w their non res mid too , correct? I’ll take any details from you as I’m close to pulling trigger Black Friday. Thanks! Nice spec too, big fan of the wheels.
Appreciate 1
Ram_Rx165.50
      10-17-2023, 11:54 AM   #305
Ram_Rx
Legal Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG @ Ram.Rx_

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgolfer2221 View Post
Thanks for the detailed post. How does it sound inside the cabin? Do you have asd coded off? I’m looking for a good sound and not too terribly loud w stock valve functionality. SWITCHBack w their non res midpipe seems to be a good choice. The videos you uploaded were w their non res mid too , correct? I’ll take any details from you as I’m close to pulling trigger Black Friday. Thanks! Nice spec too, big fan of the wheels.
I have ASD coded off and it’s a bit quiet inside the cabin in my opinion and yes the exhaust is paired up with the non res Midpipe. You won’t be disappointed if you’re looking for something more tamed.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2023, 10:18 PM   #306
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
The Track edition is excellent. I went from wired open flaps—BIG improvement over stock where they virtually never open more than 25%, to the Track and the cold start almost sounds like my C7 with NPP, or C6s with Bullets. Lots of burbles, and a deep, aggressive tone in Sport + where I keep the car. The midpipe is stock, so saved a few bucks, and not needed, imo. SwitchPath from what I've read, if you want some more sound and nice frequencies, great. But the Track is the only one that interested me. Like the Bullets on my Vetts, single resonator is all there is from cats to exhaust tips. I wanted as loud as possible, and I got it. Poster should consider the conversion kit to Track as a good option.
How would you describe the difference from the wired open valves? Percentage volume increase and if there is any drone at HW speeds?
      03-08-2024, 03:32 PM   #307
Sara/AWE
Rep

Appreciate 0