home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

04-25-2022, 03:58 PM   #1
ClasickTV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp BG/YasMarina

ANY G80 Owners in NEFL?

I know there is a good bit down south FL, however how about in the Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra area?

Would love to cruise and maybe get together with a couple of peeps for a nice photoshoot etc. Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 06:07 PM   #2
projectme
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT

Garage List
2022 bmw m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasickTV View Post
I know there is a good bit down south FL, however how about in the Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra area?

Would love to cruise and maybe get together with a couple of peeps for a nice photoshoot etc. Let me know.
I'm in Fernandina Beach and I've got a g80 on order with a prod # but production is scheduled for Week 25 so it's going to be a LONG while. Probably closer to the end of the year before I get my car. I would love to cruise and do some shoots when the time comes. I'll subscribe to this post to keep it in mind for the future.

Sold: '14 435i 6MT, Estoril Blue M-Sport, Akrapovic Exhaust, ER DP/CP/Intercooler, Injen Intake, JB4
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 05:27 PM   #3
ClasickTV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp BG/YasMarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectme View Post
I'm in Fernandina Beach and I've got a g80 on order with a prod # but production is scheduled for Week 25 so it's going to be a LONG while. Probably closer to the end of the year before I get my car. I would love to cruise and do some shoots when the time comes. I'll subscribe to this post to keep it in mind for the future.
Sounds good brotha! Keep me posted
Appreciate 1
ihines10131.50
      08-08-2022, 10:15 PM   #4
ihines10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasickTV View Post

Located in Jacksonville. Hoping to take delivery by December! Gotta keep this thread alive for us northeast guys lol
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2022, 12:57 PM   #5
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 IOMG M3CX

Garage List
I'm in Jacksonville as well. Still on the waitlist at the local dealer. Super stoked but I'm still a ways off as I'm #4 in line for a M3 Comp Xdrive allocation. Hoping I'll get an allocation by October but from the looks of it allocations are all over the place. Hopefully now that BMW has worked out the kinks with some of the supply issues, the Ukraine war, and the MY22/MY23 model year change over things will normalize and more allocations will flow in.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 04:49 PM   #6
ihines10
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue0310 View Post
I'm in Jacksonville as well. Still on the waitlist at the local dealer. Super stoked but I'm still a ways off as I'm #4 in line for a M3 Comp Xdrive allocation. Hoping I'll get an allocation by October but from the looks of it allocations are all over the place. Hopefully now that BMW has worked out the kinks with some of the supply issues, the Ukraine war, and the MY22/MY23 model year change over things will normalize and more allocations will flow in.
If you don't mind me asking what dealership are you working with? I went out of state and found an allocation available for an M3 Base I was looking for. Figured I was doing performance center delivery anyway so it didn't make too much of a difference. Most florida dealers were saying I'd be waiting over a year just for an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 07:22 PM   #7
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihines10 View Post
If you don't mind me asking what dealership are you working with? I went out of state and found an allocation available for an M3 Base I was looking for. Figured I was doing performance center delivery anyway so it didn't make too much of a difference. Most florida dealers were saying I'd be waiting over a year just for an allocation.
Tom Bush BMW of Orange Park in Jacksonville. My SA told me the base model had a much longer waitlist than the M3 Comp Xdrive. I plan to do PCD as well. We’ve bought from the dealership before so we have a personal relationship established. I was told that the wait for the build I want could take 6-9 months so I’m prepared for it but optimistic as well. Personally I feel that a series of unfortunate events is to blame for the long lead time on these vehicles. Obviously demand is partial to blame as well. Supply chain issues from COVID, rolled into the war in Ukraine, and then the M3 LCI change over. I think things will start to open up more in the last quarter. I expect we’ll see allocations trickle in more frequently in greater numbers by November. That’s my optimism in me and just an overall assessment of world events. No one really knows except BMW. Or I could just wait 9 months and lurk these forums wishing I could scream/post my allocation with production week. Either way it is what it is. I know I’m thrilled to be getting one….eventually.

Last edited by GoBlue0310; 08-27-2022 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 03:59 PM   #8
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 Comp, 2023 G80 Comp x

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihines10 View Post
Tom Bush BMW of Orange Park in Jacksonville. My SA told me the base model had a much longer waitlist than the M3 Comp Xdrive. I plan to do PCD as well. We've bought from the dealership before so we have a personal relationship established. I was told that the wait for the build I want could take 6-9 months so I'm prepared for it but optimistic as well. Personally I feel that a series of unfortunate events is to blame for the long lead time on these vehicles. Obviously demand is partial to blame as well. Supply chain issues from COVID, rolled into the war in Ukraine, and then the M3 LCI change over. I think things will start to open up more in the last quarter. I expect we'll see allocations trickle in more frequently in greater numbers by November. That's my optimism in me and just an overall assessment of world events. No one really knows except BMW. Or I could just wait 9 months and lurk these forums wishing I could scream/post my allocation with production week. Either way it is what it is. I know I'm thrilled to be getting one….eventually.
Jumping in here! I'm towards the top of the list at Tom Bush Jacksonville. Doing individual Fire Orange with almost all the options spec'd out. Would love to get together and drive. I currently have an 18 F82 Comp manual.

What's the updates on everyone's allocations here through Tom Bush?
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2022, 06:19 PM   #9
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clee8415 View Post
Jumping in here! I'm towards the top of the list at Tom Bush Jacksonville. Doing individual Fire Orange with almost all the options spec'd out. Would love to get together and drive. I currently have an 18 F82 Comp manual.

I was 4th on the list for a M3 Comp Xdrive in IOMG last I checked. Haven’t heard from my SA so I assumed I didn’t get an allocation in the last drop. Hoping I’ll get one on the next allocation drop end of September beginning of October. I was told 6-9 months so if it happens before then I’ll be happy. It is a struggle not to be on this website all the time checking out other G8X’s. Also gives me a good idea of what many of the interior/exterior options and how the color combinations I’m getting will luck. Plus I’m so damn excited to that I will eventually own/drive such an amazing car. I’ve been looking forward to it since the reveal in September 2020. Back then I planned to wait until the Xdrive version was released.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 08:41 PM   #10
ihines10
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone care to share the specs they plan on going with? Curious to see what kind of variety we'll have here lol. Also regarding Tom Bush, I work right down the street from them so definitely plan on having my services done there if everyone has had good experiences with them!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 07:35 AM   #11
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I was 4th on the list for a M3 Comp Xdrive in IOMG last I checked. Haven’t heard from my SA so I assumed I didn’t get an allocation in the last drop. Hoping I’ll get one on the next allocation drop end of September beginning of October. I was told 6-9 months so if it happens before then I’ll be happy. It is a struggle not to be on this website all the time checking out other G8X’s. Also gives me a good idea of what many of the interior/exterior options and how the color combinations I’m getting will luck. Plus I’m so damn excited to that I will eventually own/drive such an amazing car. I’ve been looking forward to it since the reveal in September 2020. Back then I planned to wait until the Xdrive version was released.
That IOMG looks fantastic on the new G8x. Yeah, heard the same thing. When did you put your deposit down? I put mine down in mid April and was 10th on the list; 6-9 months but maybe a bit more since I'm doing Individual.

You're going to love the G8x! I have a F82, so it makes the wait a little easier, but I've heard the G8x is better in every way over the F8x.

Build as of Sept. '22

G80 Comp xDrive
Individual Fire Orange
Kylami Orange carbon bucket seats
Exec package
Laser lights (duh)
Carbon fiber package
M Performance carbon fiber front splitter
M Performance side skirts
M Drivers package

Options I didn't get

Carbon ceramic brakes
Drivers Assistance package (hate the sensor on the grill and all the cameras all over the car)

*photo attached is the rendering from the build when I went to BMW
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-07-2022, 11:25 AM   #12
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That IOMG looks fantastic on the new G8x. Yeah, heard the same thing. When did you put your deposit down? I put mine down in mid April and was 10th on the list; 6-9 months but maybe a bit more since I'm doing Individual.

You're going to love the G8x! I have a F82, so it makes the wait a little easier, but I've heard the G8x is better in every way over the F8x.

Build as of Sept. '22

G80 Comp xDrive
Individual Fire Orange
Exec package
Laser lights (duh)
Carbon fiber package
M Drivers package

Options I didn't get

Carbon ceramic brakes
Drivers Assistance package (hate the sensor on the grill and all the cameras all over the car)

Now you have me wondering whether I'm really 4th on the list or not. I know the two dealerships (Orange Park and Jacksonville) share the allocations. My SA told me when I put my deposit down on August 11th I was 4th on the Orange Park list but would have to see where I as overall between the two dealerships. She also told me that the waitlists were different depending on if you want the Base, Comp, and Comp Xdrive. The waitlist for the 6MT is like 25 people deep as of a couple weeks ago. When I spoke with her a couple weeks ago she said I was 4th on the overall list between the two dealerships. I'm surprised you've been on the waitlist so long. I've heard of it going either way with the individual colors. Some people seem to get allocations earlier and some don't when they option an individual color.

Are you on a waitlist at Tom Bush Jax or Orange Park?

Will I be disappointed if I'm not really 4th? Yeah, but in reality she did tell me 6-9 months so if I can get it before that I'll be happy. I'm hoping six months or sooner but as my luck would have it it'll probably be closer to 9 months. Crazy because I see people on the forums that get theirs in a couple of months. I guess it's luck of the draw.

My build

G80 Comp Xdrive
IOMG
Full Silverstone/Black (was originally extended until they made the changes to the door card color between MY22 and MY23)
Carbon Fiber Trim
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
M Compound Brake with Black Calipers
M Drive Professional
Drive Recorder
Front ventilated seats
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
Wireless Device Charging
Standard Emblems (not sure the anniversary emblem goes with the color combo I have. IOMG, black wheels and calipers) My SA said the standard would look better with that combo as she's seen IOMG a few times.

I opted for the things I felt would be harder/impossible to get/do aftermarket. Yeah I know it's cheaper to get the exterior carbon fiber package from the manufacturer but I would rather spend it on things that I can't get later on. The only real part I like about the CF is the air intakes. The honeycomb is ok but the CF is fire. Probably the first mod I'll do after I do the front reflector delete. Also looking at the Eventuri CF intake system on IND.

Didn't get the CF seats because I wanted ventilated seats. Love that option living in Florida. I feel like it's a must and don't get a car without it.

Didn't get the CC brakes because I'm never tracking the car and can't justify the $8k. I've heard the CC brakes will last forever but again I'm not going to track the car so not a loss IMO.

I'm excited because I've never owned a car like this. For me it's the safest way to get the acceleration and handling. Prior to settling down (getting married/having kids) I rode a CBR1000RR. It was a rocket but IMO bikes are just too dangerous in today's driving environment. People on their phones everywhere. I really wish the police would crack down on that stuff. You can tell when someone is driving distracted.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested meeting more M owners in the area. There has to be more than the few on these threads. I don't know though I have only seen one M3 in my area but haven't seen that car in awhile. It was either skyscraper or Dravit gray. Haven't seen either in person so it's tough to recall from memory the exact gray. Saw him driving down Hood Road regularly but haven't seen it lately.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 11:58 AM   #13
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Build as of Sept. '22

G80 Comp xDrive
Individual Fire Orange
Exec package
Laser lights (duh)
Carbon fiber package
M Drivers package

Options I didn't get

Carbon ceramic brakes

Now you have me wondering whether I'm really 4th on the list or not. I know the two dealerships (Orange Park and Jacksonville) share the allocations. My SA told me when I put my deposit down on August 11th I was 4th on the Orange Park list but would have to see where I as overall between the two dealerships. She also told me that the waitlists were different depending on if you want the Base, Comp, and Comp Xdrive. The waitlist for the 6MT is like 25 people deep as of a couple weeks ago. When I spoke with her a couple weeks ago she said I was 4th on the overall list between the two dealerships. I'm surprised you've been on the waitlist so long. I've heard of it going either way with the individual colors. Some people seem to get allocations earlier and some don't when they option an individual color.

Are you on a waitlist at Tom Bush Jax or Orange Park?

Will I be disappointed if I'm not really 4th? Yeah, but in reality she did tell me 6-9 months so if I can get it before that I'll be happy. I'm hoping six months or sooner but as my luck would have it it'll probably be closer to 9 months. Crazy because I see people on the forums that get theirs in a couple of months. I guess it's luck of the draw.

My build

G80 Comp Xdrive
IOMG
Full Silverstone/Black (was originally extended until they made the changes to the door card color between MY22 and MY23)
Carbon Fiber Trim
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Parking Assistance Package
M Compound Brake with Black Calipers
M Drive Professional
Drive Recorder
Front ventilated seats
Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with Laserlight
Wireless Device Charging
Standard Emblems (not sure the anniversary emblem goes with the color combo I have. IOMG, black wheels and calipers) My SA said the standard would look better with that combo as she's seen IOMG a few times.

I opted for the things I felt would be harder/impossible to get/do aftermarket. Yeah I know it's cheaper to get the exterior carbon fiber package from the manufacturer but I would rather spend it on things that I can't get later on. The only real part I like about the CF is the air intakes. The honeycomb is ok but the CF is fire. Probably the first mod I'll do after I do the front reflector delete. Also looking at the Eventuri CF intake system on IND.

Didn't get the CF seats because I wanted ventilated seats. Love that option living in Florida. I feel like it's a must and don't get a car without it.

Didn't get the CC brakes because I'm never tracking the car and can't justify the $8k. I've heard the CC brakes will last forever but again I'm not going to track the car so not a loss IMO.

I'm excited because I've never owned a car like this. For me it's the safest way to get the acceleration and handling. Prior to settling down (getting married/having kids) I rode a CBR1000RR. It was a rocket but IMO bikes are just too dangerous in today's driving environment. People on their phones everywhere. I really wish the police would crack down on that stuff. You can tell when someone is driving distracted.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested meeting more M owners in the area. There has to be more than the few on these threads. I don't know though I have only seen one M3 in my area but haven't seen that car in awhile. It was either skyscraper or Dravit gray. Haven't seen either in person so it's tough to recall from memory the exact gray. Saw him driving down Hood Road regularly but haven't seen it lately.
I did my allocation at Tom Bush Jax. He told me 6-9 months and I was fine with that timeline, so I didn't push to get an allocation at any other dealership. I'm at the 5-month point now since putting my deposit down, so expecting my allocation (hopefully) later this month or in October. From there, thinking another 3 months, but we'll see with the individual color order.

On Facebook or Instagram, check out NorthFL_M. Then slipped a card on my F82 and they do M-only meetups every other weekend. There's a few G8x that attend, so it gets me that much more hyped to get my allocation.

May the allocation be ever in your favor over the next few months!
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2022, 05:20 PM   #14
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did my allocation at Tom Bush Jax. He told me 6-9 months and I was fine with that timeline, so I didn't push to get an allocation at any other dealership. I'm at the 5-month point now since putting my deposit down, so expecting my allocation (hopefully) later this month or in October. From there, thinking another 3 months, but we'll see with the individual color order.

On Facebook or Instagram, check out NorthFL_M. Then slipped a card on my F82 and they do M-only meetups every other weekend. There's a few G8x that attend, so it gets me that much more hyped to get my allocation.

Have you gotten your allocation? Slightly annoyed I haven’t heard from my CA knowing that allocations are/have dropped for October. Not sure if all dealers get them on the same day or if they trickle in over the first few days of the week.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 05:23 PM   #15
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Have you gotten your allocation? Slightly annoyed I haven't heard from my CA knowing that allocations are/have dropped for October. Not sure if all dealers get them on the same day or if they trickle in over the first few days of the week.
I'm definitely getting the runaround from my CA. I have a call with him tomorrow but he's now telling me I'm in 8th position and I am just reaching 6 months on the waitlist. Back in April, he told me I'd have the car in 6-9 months. Will keep you posted on how my call goes tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 07:26 PM   #16
VioletBlue_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Saint Johns, FL here. Currently waiting on week 48 build.

2023 M3 Comp Xdrive
Violet Blue
Full Fiona
Executive Package
Parking assist
Carbon fiber interior trim
826M Black
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Laser lights
Carbon Bucket seats
Carbon Exterior Package
      10-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #17
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypgst View Post

2023 M3 Comp Xdrive
Violet Blue
Full Fiona
Executive Package
Parking assist
826M Black
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Laser lights
Carbon Bucket seats
Carbon Exterior Package
Beautiful build! I have a very similar one. I added the M performance front splitter and side skirts. Either going with Fire Orange or Voodoo Blue on the exterior. Fierce group of G80's incoming!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 03:37 PM   #18
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypgst View Post

2023 M3 Comp Xdrive
Violet Blue
Full Fiona
Executive Package
Parking assist
826M Black
Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Laser lights
Carbon Bucket seats
Carbon Exterior Package
Nice build! Eventually there will be a good group of us in Jax. Need those allocations to start rolling in. I’ve only been on the waitlist for a couple of months but it feels longer. i spoke with my CA yesterday and she said they haven’t received any allocations this month. Last month she said they had two M4 Convertible allocations they were trying to get buyers for. Not sure that ever happened. I posted it in the forums but no one asked for the info.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 06:22 AM   #19
jiminflorida
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 x7/2023 M4cx

Stuck in QC for a month now. Almost 9 months to the day for an allocation from Tom bush jax.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 06:39 AM   #20
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminflorida View Post
Stuck in QC for a month now. Almost 9 months to the day for an allocation from Tom bush jax.
But it's made it's way through production? What spec do you have?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 06:49 AM   #21
jiminflorida
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 x7/2023 M4cx

Quote:
Just seen this a g80 thread, oops. lol its early. I have a g82
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 07:21 AM   #22
904_FireG80
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminflorida View Post
Quote:
Just seen this a g80 thread, oops. lol its early. I have a g82
No, not just G80's. G82/83 as well!
Appreciate 0