BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #177
corbs09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

The hype died down because everyone thought they were going to be able to simply OBD flash the car and we can't. No offense but I know I dont have the patience to deal with this, especially if something goes wrong and I have to send it back.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2021, 09:19 AM   #178
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasEd View Post
Suddenly there was a lot of hype about the cracked dme and then all the noise died down. Wonder what's going on with the "unlocked dme" progress?
I guess because you need to send your DME to Germany to get it unlocked. Also has anyone considered what over the air updates will do? Over write the tune?
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 09:21 AM   #179
TexasEd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Xdrive;2020 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I guess because you need to send your DME to Germany to get it unlocked. Also has anyone considered what over the air updates will do? Over write the tune?
I found out the hard way what over the air updates does to ones ecu. I had a DME tune on my 2020 M8 which I thoroughly enjoyed. Very impressive hp and torque gains. I received an "over the air" update notification on my screen and not realizing the extent of the update I clicked "ok". That was a mistake as it errased my tune and threw a "check engine light". DME told me they would retune the car for me at no cost, but about that time I had decided to sell the car so I chose not to retune the car. I reset the car to stock and sold. However lesson learned for me. If and when I get my M4 tuned I will ignore the "over the air" updates.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13469.00