BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-06-2022, 07:46 AM   #67
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Yes, I think it's an air channel carried over from the roof, appears to be about the same width.

I'm gonna need that trunk!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #68
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Do dealers have any idea how many M4 CSL allocations they will receive?
What do you mean "how many"? One allocation per dealer it is.
My dealer is getting 2
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 11:34 AM   #69
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerguy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So I assume an auction type bidding by most dealers?
Not at mine. It was simple lol! Did a lot of business with them in the last 2 years, about 5 cars, 3 of which were M's including an X5MC, X3MC, M3, etc. told him months ago I wanted a csl. Guess I was #1 on this "list" but tbh who knows if that even matters, I assume it did.

Well it just got real, I've never had to put a deposit down for any ordered car until yesterday. I got a call, Hey we need to lock this csl in, I'm sorry to ask Mr. X, but we need your deposit for the csl.

Not an "auction" at all. But how these "lists" really work only they know, kind of feels like it's relationship based with a combo of being ahead of the curve, but again 🤷*♂️. And for anyone in the dmv they are only expecting 3 total csl's for all of the dealerships in the area.
Automotive dealerships are like prostitutes; regardless of what they say, they have no loyalty and really doesn't like you because of your personality; they are just after whoever can pay up.

This is going to be a showroom vehicle and whoever has the deeper pocket and is willing to pony up the big bucks, will get first dibs.

I can walk into any dealership right now and hand them all my money for a future, to-be-named-later flying BMW, doesn't mean at the end of the day they are going to deliver on their handshake promise and not look out for their bottom line, selling my hypothetical flying car to the most profitable buyer.
Appreciate 2
Ibiza3611.50
      05-06-2022, 06:20 PM   #70
Double007
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Well it just got real, I've never had to put a deposit down for any ordered car until yesterday. I got a call, Hey we need to lock this csl in, I'm sorry to ask Mr. X, but we need your deposit for the csl.
Agreed, first time my dealer asked me for a deposit as well, and that too a hefty one at $5k. Just placed a deposit for an allocation at MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 07:55 PM   #71
Gamerguy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So I assume an auction type bidding by most dealers?
Not at mine. It was simple lol! Did a lot of business with them in the last 2 years, about 5 cars, 3 of which were M's including an X5MC, X3MC, M3, etc. told him months ago I wanted a csl. Guess I was #1 on this "list" but tbh who knows if that even matters, I assume it did.

Not an "auction" at all. But how these "lists" really work only they know, kind of feels like it's relationship based with a combo of being ahead of the curve, but again 🤷*♂️. And for anyone in the dmv they are only expecting 3 total csl's for all of the dealerships in the area.
Automotive dealerships are like prostitutes; regardless of what they say, they have no loyalty and really doesn't like you because of your personality; they are just after whoever can pay up.

This is going to be a showroom vehicle and whoever has the deeper pocket and is willing to pony up the big bucks, will get first dibs.

I can walk into any dealership right now and hand them all my money for a future, to-be-named-later flying BMW, doesn't mean at the end of the day they are going to deliver on their handshake promise and not look out for their bottom line, selling my hypothetical flying car to the most profitable buyer.
Guess it comes down to how much you really want the car! Either way all good! To each their own. No worries here.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 03:43 AM   #72
Erebor
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcheese View Post
My dealer is getting 2
Or so he says. The dealers have not yet been informed on how many allocations they get.
Maybe he thinks he will get 2, because he got 2 M5 CS, but that's not a given for the CSL.
For starters, there will be one for each. And maybe a bit later down the road, some will get a second.

Incoming: 2023 F40 M135i xDrive in indiv. Tansanite Blue
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 06:51 AM   #73
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My dealer is getting 2
Or so he says. The dealers have not yet been informed on how many allocations they get.
Maybe he thinks he will get 2, because he got 2 M5 CS, but that's not a given for the CSL.
For starters, there will be one for each. And maybe a bit later down the road, some will get a second.
No, he has confirmed 2. Ive seen it
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 06:57 AM   #74
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Dealers have not received any allocations for CSL.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 08:59 AM   #75
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Quote:
Dealers have not received any allocations for CSL.
Lol ok
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 09:10 AM   #76
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Lol ok
I would trust the words of reputed dealer personnel in the forum over someone who claimed to have ordered a M3cs which will start production next year.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 11:06 AM   #77
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

No csl in M twon. only m3 wagon. Csl will be officialy unveiled worldwide withn the next 10 days. M3 wagon to be produced in small numbers, so early buyers might secure their order. Car was in frozen grey, roof in black but it wasn't a cf roof. The car is still a prototype, not a production one. The car was under full light, we could sit in, and we saw it moving as well. Nice dad's toy to bring the children at school.
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4033.00
B7752.00
      05-09-2022, 03:29 PM   #78
G80eek
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3CX

Thanks for sharing. Did they say as per when they expect it to be available in the configurator? Read that the M3 Touring to premier at the Goodwood Festival of Speed (held from June 23 to 26). Hopefully thereafter we can place orders.

M4 CSL to premier at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este (held from May 20 to 22).

https://www.bmwblog.com/2022/05/05/b...ival-of-speed/
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 01:42 AM   #79
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Yes the m3 has the same big screen as in the i4. But as it wasn't a production car, the graphics displayed on screen wasn't definitive. The graphics were displayed on the driver side only, central side remained blank, again it is s prototype. The graphics on the driver side were very similar to actual m cars
Appreciate 2
PLF693766.00
B7752.00
      05-10-2022, 10:52 AM   #80
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B77 View Post
Interesting to know that they're still showing the prototype. Re: the graphics, did they look like this picture at all? Or by M graphics - do you mean like the current M3 odometer? Regardless, seems like the graphics are different to the i4 M50? Thank you for answering!
My goodness, I hope not. Why can't we just get digital dials that replicate traditional ones? Why give a health or boost meter like a video game....
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 12:58 AM   #81
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

I did not sat in the car, just looked at it from outside. The graphic did not looked like on the i4. It has the main information data, like as seen on actual M car without the nice graphics around. Again it prooves the car isn't a production one, and that the graphic isn't the final one. The guy of the presentation said that the car might hit the dealer next year, but it wasn't defined yet. Maybe some other here who posted will attempt to the event in Zurich and can add or confirm my info.
Appreciate 1
G80eek121.50