BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums AUSTRALIA

03-05-2022, 12:09 AM   #1
Cooked71
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS Xdrive

Tuning / Upgrades Sydney

I'm a newb to M3 and car tuning/upgrades.

Just picked up my M3 Comp Xdrive and am really impressed.

It's the first car I've owned where I'm thinking of upgrading/modifying. Thinking the exhaust at least. And maybe adding some carbon trim.

Where do you even start with this sort of stuff?

I'm in Sydney.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 01:02 PM   #2
ole85
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/ Ferrari360

scuderia autoart
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2022, 01:57 PM   #3
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
I got to say, I have had my G82 for 6 months now, I don’t see the benefit of upgrading the exhaust. Turn on sports modes, and she turns from a lady into a monster inside and out. Haven’t heard any exhaust retrofit sound better 🤔
Appreciate 1
Aidinf8.50
      03-05-2022, 02:05 PM   #4
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
I got to say, I have had my G82 for 6 months now, I don’t see the benefit of upgrading the exhaust. Turn on sports modes, and she turns from a lady into a monster inside and out. Haven’t heard any exhaust retrofit sound better 🤔
Most of that “monster” you hear is coming through your speakers. This exhaust is extremely tame. Just about every upgraded exhaust I’ve heard sounds better than stock. Some better than others obviously but they all are better than factory.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 04:43 PM   #5
Cooked71
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS Xdrive

How do mods/upgrades affect your warranty?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #6
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooked71 View Post
I'm a newb to M3 and car tuning/upgrades.

Just picked up my M3 Comp Xdrive and am really impressed.

It's the first car I've owned where I'm thinking of upgrading/modifying. Thinking the exhaust at least. And maybe adding some carbon trim.

Where do you even start with this sort of stuff?

I'm in Sydney.
Hey mate,

I've done a Remus RACING downpipe back exhaust system on a G80 with excellent results, as Clay wanted a significant increase in volume with a lot more bark and rawness.

The customer is very impressed with the upgrade over the somewhat underwhelming and muted factory fitted system.

Please check out my Facebook link below for pics of the Remus system and audio clips.

https://www.facebook.com/JDTBMWPS/

However for 95% of customers I'd recommend the secondary cat-back system, as it will be a little more tame with less unwanted rasp and drone.

I have the Remus RACING cat-back system in stock.

I also have an Akrapovic Evolution Line system in stock. You can choose from either the traditional style oval carbon fibre tips or the new octagonal version.

I have excellent pricing on genuine BMW M Performance carbon fibre pieces with a significant discount over local dealership RRP, I can also supply pieces from the newly released Vorsteiner G8x aero package.

Cheers,

Justin.
Justin.M@jdtuning.com.au
Ph. 0421 641 381

Last edited by JD75; 03-06-2022 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 2
      03-23-2022, 09:02 AM   #7
RonBurgundy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Hey mate,

I've done a Remus RACING downpipe back exhaust system on a G80 with excellent results, as Clay wanted a significant increase in volume with a lot more bark and rawness.

The customer is very impressed with the upgrade over the somewhat underwhelming and muted factory fitted system.

Please check out my Facebook link below for pics of the Remus system and audio clips.

https://www.facebook.com/JDTBMWPS/

However for 95% of customers I'd recommend the secondary cat-back system, as it will be a little more tame with less unwanted rasp and drone.

I have the Remus RACING cat-back system in stock.

I also have an Akrapovic Evolution Line system in stock. You can choose from either the traditional style oval carbon fibre tips or the new octagonal version.

I have excellent pricing on genuine BMW M Performance carbon fibre pieces with a significant discount over local dealership RRP, I can also supply pieces from the newly released Vorsteiner G8x aero package.

Cheers,

Justin.
Justin.M@jdtuning.com.au
Ph. 0421 641 381
Hi JD,
I’m yet to take delivery of my M4C but will be keen to upgrade the exhaust.
What are the differences in the Remus/Akra/M Performance exhaust systems in terms of volume, drone, rasp and pops/crackle?

Do you have any video clips of examples?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 11:32 PM   #8
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
Hi JD,
I’m yet to take delivery of my M4C but will be keen to upgrade the exhaust.
What are the differences in the Remus/Akra/M Performance exhaust systems in terms of volume, drone, rasp and pops/crackle?

Do you have any video clips of examples?
Hey Ron,

The Remus RACING system is by far the best bang for buck in comparison to the Akrapovic and BMW MPE systems.

The Remus downpipe back system is actually too aggressive in my opinion, I'd strongly recommend the secondary cat-back system instead. It will not be as loud with exhaust valves open, unwanted rasp and drone will be reduced too.

The Akrapovic Evolution Line system is noticeably quieter than the Remus RACING downpipe back system, in particular with valves closed.

However the overall exhaust note is deeper than the Remus system, dare I say it's more refined too with zero rasp and drone in conjunction with the factory downpipes.

I'd go so far as saying the Akra system would benefit from a high-flow catted DP upgrade, which would allow for the ultimate Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde set up when switching between exhaust valves closed and open (when you want to get noticed) and hear that sweet S58 engine in all its glory, haha.

I can't personally comment on the M Performance Exhaust as I'm yet to install one, however based on the YouTube audio clips I've listened to and other comments posted online, I feel the MPE would benefit from the installation of high-flow catted DP's too.

Here is a link to an audio clip of the Remus RACING downpipe back system we installed on a G80 M3 last month.

https://fb.watch/c4VRiwOvr3/

Cheers,

JD.
Justin.M@jdtuning.com.au
Ph. 0421 641 381

Last edited by JD75; 03-30-2022 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 05:16 AM   #9
RonBurgundy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Hey Ron,

The Remus RACING system is by far the best bang for buck in comparison to the Akrapovic and BMW MPE systems.

The Remus downpipe back system is actually too aggressive in my opinion, I'd strongly recommend the secondary cat-back system instead. It will not be as loud with exhaust valves open, unwanted rasp and drone will be reduced too.

The Akrapovic Evolution Line system is noticeably quieter than the Remus RACING downpipe back system, in particular with valves closed.

However the overall exhaust note is deeper than the Remus system, dare I say it's more refined too with zero rasp and drone in conjunction with the factory downpipes.

I'd go so far as saying the Akra system would benefit from a high-flow catted DP upgrade, which would allow for the ultimate Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde set up when switching between exhaust valves closed and open (when you want to get noticed) and hear that sweet S58 engine in all its glory, haha.

I can't personally comment on the M Performance Exhaust as I'm yet to install one, however based on the YouTube audio clips I've listened to and other comments posted online, I feel the MPE would benefit from the installation of high-flow catted DP's too.

Here is a link to an audio clip of the Remus RACING downpipe back system we installed on a G80 M3 last month.

https://fb.watch/c4VRiwOvr3/

Cheers,

JD.
Justin.M@jdtuning.com.au
Ph. 0421 641 381
What is the price for the Akra Evolution line system including installation?
Is it a bolt on system or does the exhaust need to be cut?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 04:13 AM   #10
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
What is the price for the Akra Evolution line system including installation?
Is it a bolt on system or does the exhaust need to be cut?

Thanks
Hey Ron,

there is a small price difference dependant upon the choice of original style round carbon fibre tips, or the new octagonal version.

The Australian RRP on the Akrapovic Evolution Line system with octagonal tips is $17,438 and $17,198 with round tips.

I can do $16,499 inclusive of professional installation.

The Akra Evo system is a complete downpipe back system, as such the factory fitted system does NOT require cutting.

I have an Evolution Line system in stock and you can choose either style of tailpipe tip.

Thanks,

JD.
Justin.M@jdtuning.com.au
Ph. 0421 641 381

Last edited by JD75; 04-06-2022 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0