Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4compgang View Post
Took delivery of my 22 M4 comp xdrive yesterday, from
Brian Jessel BMW. Was build week 30 (Late July) no stop sale, no supply chain issues, no production delay. Im pretty sure its the first MY 22 xdrive in BC. Valentino at BJ BMW was great to deal with.
Awesome, congrats! Photos?

I wonder if mine is still on track to be the first M3C xDrive delivered. Status updated today: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27721141
First in BC I guess? Mine is pretty much in sync with yours but to the east coast. I really hope it made on the ship today as I just keep buying parts while waiting lmao.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 09:20 AM   #224
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
First in BC I guess? Mine is pretty much in sync with yours but to the east coast. I really hope it made on the ship today as I just keep buying parts while waiting lmao.
First at the specific dealership, at least that is what my SA thinks the timing will be. I don't get a parade or anything

Based on information I've found, it'll be roughly 1-2 weeks before it gets loaded, then 1 month to get to the west coast. I'm still looking at late October / early November.

Anyone know how to track based on ship or loading number?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 10:29 AM   #225
Type-S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/E92 M3/E82 1M

Quote:
6MT with sun roof? Surely one of a kind spec lol
lol yeah, that's the one option that kills me....

and I might have gone with the Ultimate package vs nearly piecing it together by adding premium, carbon seats, shadowline, and the upgraded interior

But overall I'm happy with it. Are there even any more 6MT's coming?

Last edited by Type-S; 09-24-2021 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #226
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by biznis32 View Post
My bad I. I misinterpreted your message. You tried for a week to get a test drive in a M4.
6MT not for you? Did something turn you off or you really wanted an xdrive.
The clutch felt really weird to me; very spongey and it felt like the catch point was always moving. That combined with getting a new job across the city from where I just bought a house made me decide to buy my very first AT after quite a few different vehicles over the years. And I figured if I'm finally making the change to auto I might as well get xdrive. And if I'm getting an auto xdrive I might as well get the colour I want (red) which is apparently unobtanium with Vancouver dealerships, so I ordered
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      09-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #227
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Got my order in for the Oct build today!!

22 M4 xDrive
Aventurine Red
Ultimate Package
Black Full Merino
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Standard Seats (still getting second thoughts, the dealer didn't have any M3/4s with them on for me to test it )
Red Caliper
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      09-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #228
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosagi1 View Post
Got my order in for the Oct build today!!

22 M4 xDrive
Aventurine Red
Ultimate Package
Black Full Merino
Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
Standard Seats (still getting second thoughts, the dealer didn't have any M3/4s with them on for me to test it )
Red Caliper
Congrats!

I test drove an M3C with the carbon buckets in April. I was convinced I needed them based on that, but then I turned my brain back on and decided the tradeoffs weren't worth it. I got Ultimate with the standard seats.
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      09-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #229
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Congrats!

I test drove an M3C with the carbon buckets in April. I was convinced I needed them based on that, but then I turned my brain back on and decided the tradeoffs weren't worth it. I got Ultimate with the standard seats.
Thanks!! I am still having severe second thoughts about it and been watching videos about those seats all day lol

Too bad, I can't find any dealer in Toronto with them for me to try. Do you know if getting in and out is similar to the F80/F82 Comp seats?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #230
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!! I am still having severe second thoughts about it and been watching videos about those seats all day lol

Too bad, I can't find any dealer in Toronto with them for me to try. Do you know if getting in and out is similar to the F80/F82 Comp seats?
A few considerations for you:
If you are much taller that ~190cm and heavier than ~90kg you might be too big for the carbon buckets. There are plenty of threads with discussion on this, but the TL;DR: is you need to be relatively fit.

Use-case should be considered.
Track? Helllllls yes
Spirited fun drives? Yes!
Rush-hour? Kill me now

I am buying mine as a year-round DD, and though I don't do the metro Vancouver commute often, I didn't want to risk that being more like a layer of hell due to the seats. I will regret it on occasional track days, but that's a trade-off I'n good with.

Getting in and out could get annoying quickly, and would be worse than that with mobility issues. There is a limited range of "able" the seats are good for IMO.

I can't compare to previous gen buckets.

Let your use-cases be your primary guide, IMO.
Appreciate 2
kurosagi1123.00
PLF693767.50
      09-26-2021, 10:43 PM   #231
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Congrats!

I did try the cf seats thinking there was no way I wouldn't order them and instead found out that there is no way in hell that someone could daily drive with them. I'm 5'11, 200lb, and fairly muscular and the thigh bolsters are so high that I could barely fit my thighs between the bolster and steering wheel getting in. It's true that once you're sitting in them they are relatively comfortable but extremely tight. If you "lift" and have decent sized quads and shoulders you're basically cocooned into them.

My .02: as great as they look and perform, do not get them for a daily driver
Appreciate 2
evilalien450.50
kurosagi1123.00
      09-28-2021, 03:28 AM   #232
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
I did try the cf seats thinking there was no way I wouldn't order them and instead found out that there is no way in hell that someone could daily drive with them. I'm 5'11, 200lb, and fairly muscular and the thigh bolsters are so high that I could barely fit my thighs between the bolster and steering wheel getting in. It's true that once you're sitting in them they are relatively comfortable but extremely tight. If you "lift" and have decent sized quads and shoulders you're basically cocooned into them.

My .02: as great as they look and perform, do not get them for a daily driver
Agree. They look cool but they are terrible to live with. I hated them after being in them for 5 seconds. They suck.
Appreciate 2
codestar180.50
kurosagi1123.00
      09-28-2021, 12:51 PM   #233
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
155 status
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 03:58 PM   #234
Type-S
Private First Class
Rep

Not having the carbon bucket seats would be an absolute deal breaker for me

I just picked up my car from 7 hrs away and drove home with it. Never sat in the seats before, and they were perfectly fine for the whole drive home (maybe with the exception that there was no lumbar).

I had a friend go with me and he had no complaints either. I would have no problem daily driving with them.

I drove there in the M2C which was traded in, and it was very slightly more comfortable on the way there, but the buckets were fine on the way home.

The small hump in the middle is a little annoying but only for a second or so while shifting, and then it doesn't bother you. I wish it had a power steering wheel so that it would pull away making it easier to get your right leg over that hump and not rub the wheel, but small price to pay.

Might be important to share that I have carbon buckets in my 911 as well and would never buy another one without them.
Appreciate 2
evilalien450.50
kurosagi1123.00
      09-29-2021, 07:50 AM   #235
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Interesting how the Bucket vs. Normal seat debate started again. For me not having the bucket seat is also a deal breaker, with a little support from the steering wheel, in/out is not that bad tbh.

5'10'' 170lbs
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      09-29-2021, 08:51 AM   #236
Type-S
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Interesting how the Bucket vs. Normal seat debate seated again. For me not having the bucket seat is also a deal breaker, with a little support from the steering wheel, in/out is not that bad tbh.

5'10'' 170lbs
agreed

I'm 5'10" and about 195. No issues getting in and out but I've driven real race cars for more than 20 years. These are 2 piece buckets...so definitely not 'racing buckets'. GT3/RS buckets are more of a challenge being one piece, but still easy to manage.
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      09-29-2021, 09:30 AM   #237
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting how the Bucket vs. Normal seat debate seated again. For me not having the bucket seat is also a deal breaker, with a little support from the steering wheel, in/out is not that bad tbh.

5'10'' 170lbs
definitely didn't mean to start or add fire to any arguments, just wanted to add my perspective after driving with them... for my use case as much as I love how they look I just couldn't justify buying them for a daily driver with 2-3hr/day commute in stop and go traffic.

other factors I also considered were silverstone interior showing wear faster due to the constant thigh bolster rubbing getting in and out and GF having a torn miniscus.

to each their own; there's no wrong choice if it makes you happy!

Appreciate 2
      09-30-2021, 01:10 PM   #238
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Got a VIN today! Status 150. So I am assuming 6-8 weeks until we get it…: Is this consistent with the timelines of fellow Canadians from start of status 150? I am aware there always is the potential for a stop sale so fingers crossed for a smooth build from here.
For reference: Deposit May 5, 2nd in line at the dealer for MY22.
Appreciate 2
evilalien450.50
kurosagi1123.00
      09-30-2021, 01:39 PM   #239
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Got a VIN today! Status 150. So I am assuming 6-8 weeks until we get it…: Is this consistent with the timelines of fellow Canadians from start of status 150? I am aware there always is the potential for a stop sale so fingers crossed for a smooth build from here.
Mine took ~1 month from 150 to finish production. Production started 2nd week of August. Individual paint, though. Last update (on Sept 22nd) was that it is waiting to be loaded in Bremerhaven, Status 193.

Here's my timeline:

2021-06-26: production number for August
2021-07-09: assigned September production, wk39
2021-08-11: Status 150, production has started
2021-09-10: Status 155, assembly finish/quality check
2021-09-23: Status 193, at the Bremerhaven port in DE as of yesterday
Appreciate 2
LSP72.00
kurosagi1123.00
      09-30-2021, 05:41 PM   #240
supersonic1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: incoming G80

Here is my xdrive M3 comp after getting it ppf, ceramic coated and tinted! It was delivered mid September but given the weather since then, I haven't had the chance to get out for many drives and to take some nice pics. Anyhow, now to finish up the break-in!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      09-30-2021, 06:12 PM   #241
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just spoke with BMW Customer Service (Canada). The agent confirmed that they're working on getting access to more information (for agents) and tracking feature access (for customers). No estimated date, but I asked her to document the request to add a little bit more "customer voice" to hopefully motivate more urgency.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #242
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Congrats! Mine got through production in a week but stuck at port for three weeks now. Maybe ours will be on the same ship lmao
Appreciate 0