G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

08-28-2022, 07:50 AM   #287
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranckF1 View Post
Concerning my car, first estimate is 6 months + 2,5 months for FDG. But we will know a bit better in a few weeks.
That timeline seems strange if you currently have an allocation.

Do you have an allocation?

Do you have a build sheet which lists FDG as the paint color (with a price)?
      08-28-2022, 10:26 AM   #288
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan1997 View Post
Not sure what my dealer is looking at, but I asked for FDG and he said it wasn't available. I'm in Canada. Has anyone here from Canada been able to order a 2023 M3 in FDG? I agree that it's very strange that FDG would be available for Canada orders and not USA.
Check comments (and my question) under this video. The dealer replied available in Canada.

Perhaps he didn't say it clearly : I think you can get it going with the individual program request, like me. Yes it's not on the main prod line anymore, so it will add 2 to 3 months delay.
I has my request approved by BMW Individual France and signed it so should be fine.
This is my local dealership which screwed up my order and a number of other local guys orders. I will say Allen (SA in the video) does seem to be more knowledgeable than most other SA's.

My understanding is that BMW need to accept the individual colour order so just because you can enter it in doesn't mean you can get it.

I hope you guys do get this colour as it's amazing and really shows off the lines of the G80.
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2022, 01:32 PM   #289
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 (G80,Euro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
This is my local dealership which screwed up my order and a number of other local guys orders. I will say Allen (SA in the video) does seem to be more knowledgeable than most other SA's.

My understanding is that BMW need to accept the individual colour order so just because you can enter it in doesn't mean you can get it.

I hope you guys do get this colour as it's amazing and really shows off the lines of the G80.
Oh really ? How screwed?
My dealership made the proper request and it is signed. Now have to wait the job number to add to the paper. And we have the job number since Friday!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #290
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post

Hi Draper (and others if you want to reply, perhaps other European members have intel on how it works for us on the old continent)

I will try to reply the best I can because France is not like US where you have thousands of true M cars sold every year.

That was the case until few years ago but now, because of climate crisis, you have to pay 40k€ in taxes (50k next year) for such cars. To add to the car price + VAT.

For example, my car build will be, in total, just under 180k euros, incl. 50k for climate tax + 20k for VAT. BMW France offers 20K on the car so it will be 160K.

Without this "help", I would never have accepted to give 50K just for climate tax.

So now you can understand there are not a lot of M cars sold here since 1 - 2 years. I would be the first M3 for my dealer for this year, and they only sold a few M4. And my dealer is a big one, in the 7th city of France.

So when I talk about allocation, this is not apparently a concern or a reality here. I have to go deeply in that to understand that with them.

But what I know is I have a "job number" now so it means the order has been accepted apparently. I don't know what job number means in US... the same ? order bank ? something else ?

This job number is what goes on the Individual paper i signed for FDG.

Here it seems we only have 'average delays', not really allocations, because they don't see thousands, even hundreds true M cars in France. MY SA showed me the BMW France official notes for dealers and says 6 months for M3/M4 as the 1st of July)

For the build sheet, I signed my configuration at the dealership and that was entered for the BMW factory and as I have a job number, I guess it's all ok. Is this what you call build sheet ? Or is it something you download from the factory software ?

But perhaps you have more intel for me on all that. Looking to your reply (replies) and will call anyway my dealer tomorrow as it's only SA who texted me during his holidays saying we already have a job number, that means to him "the car has been accepted by the factory and has to be produced".

Cheers,
Franck
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 02:27 PM   #291
81bear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh really ? How screwed?
My dealership made the proper request and it is signed. Now have to wait the job number to add to the paper. And we have the job number since Friday!
I put the deposit down but they never updated my spec for the allocation. By the time they got around to it BMW locked all the orders so I walked. I was told there's a 2022 G80 available at their dealership as the person who ordered the vehicle wanted manual and they ordered automatic.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 02:30 PM   #292
81bear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Draper (and others if you want to reply, perhaps other European members have intel on how it works for us on the old continent)

I will try to reply the best I can because France is not like US where you have thousands of true M cars sold every year.

That was the case until few years ago but now, because of climate crisis, you have to pay 40k€ in taxes (50k next year) for such cars. To add to the car price + VAT.

For example, my car build will be, in total, just under 180k euros, incl. 50k for climate tax + 20k for VAT. BMW France offers 20K on the car so it will be 160K.

Without this "help", I would never have accepted to give 50K just for climate tax.

So now you can understand there are not a lot of M cars sold here since 1 - 2 years. I would be the first M3 for my dealer for this year, and they only sold a few M4. And my dealer is a big one, in the 7th city of France.

So when I talk about allocation, this is not apparently a concern or a reality here. I have to go deeply in that to understand that with them.

But what I know is I have a "job number" now so it means the order has been accepted apparently. I don't know what job number means in US... the same ? order bank ? something else ?

This job number is what goes on the Individual paper i signed for FDG.

Here it seems we only have 'average delays', not really allocations, because they don't see thousands, even hundreds true M cars in France. MY SA showed me the BMW France official notes for dealers and says 6 months for M3/M4 as the 1st of July)

For the build sheet, I signed my configuration at the dealership and that was entered for the BMW factory and as I have a job number, I guess it's all ok. Is this what you call build sheet ? Or is it something you download from the factory software ?

But perhaps you have more intel for me on all that. Looking to your reply (replies) and will call anyway my dealer tomorrow as it's only SA who texted me during his holidays saying we already have a job number, that means to him "the car has been accepted by the factory and has to be produced".

Cheers,
Franck
Not sure if the procedure is different in Europe but in North America BMW needs the accept the individual colour request. That means, your dealer can request the colour for approval but until BMW NA approves it you are not guaranteed the colour. Again, the process maybe different in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 02:34 PM   #293
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I put the deposit down but they never updated my spec for the allocation. By the time they got around to it BMW locked all the orders so I walked. I was told there's a 2022 G80 available at their dealership as the person who ordered the vehicle wanted manual and they ordered automatic.
Ouch yes, big screwing there
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 02:37 PM   #294
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if the procedure is different in Europe but in North America BMW needs the accept the individual colour request. That means, your dealer can request the colour for approval but until BMW NA approves it you are not guaranteed the colour. Again, the process maybe different in Europe.
As said, BMW Individual accepted the request from my dealer, the price has been given (3650 euros), the paper is signed from me and my dealer, only need to report the job number on it now and send it back.

So, unless the factory says STOP, there is no reason it should not go to the end of the process.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 03:03 PM   #295
81bear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
As said, BMW Individual accepted the request from my dealer, the price has been given (3650 euros), the paper is signed from me and my dealer, only need to report the job number on it now and send it back.

So, unless the factory says STOP, there is no reason it should not go to the end of the process.
You should be all set then👍. Hopefully it works out for others as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 03:18 PM   #296
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You should be all set then👍. Hopefully it works out for others as well.
I hope

Any idea about job number, does this say something to you ? anyone ?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 03:20 PM   #297
Patsfan1997
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition M xDrive

Quote:
Check comments (and my question) under this video. The dealer replied available in Canada.

Perhaps he didn't say it clearly : I think you can get it going with the individual program request, like me. Yes it's not on the main prod line anymore, so it will add 2 to 3 months delay.
I has my request approved by BMW Individual France and signed it so should be fine.
I don't know how knowledgeable the dealers are in Canada. There is less transparency here than in the US, where you can track the progress of your order online. I will ask him to check again. I would love to get FDG. This way I don't have to choose between DG, SSG and BG, none of which are as nice.
      08-28-2022, 03:48 PM   #298
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I guess the difference can be seen in these 2 images.

The first is build sheet with a handwritten note from the dealer.

The second is fully generated by BMW, which confirms the color has been accepted by BMW. Note: For me, the price appeared as 'Blocked' until the car hit 150 (in production) status.

If your dealer can give you a sheet like the second image, you should be in good shape. If not, then it may indicate the order has not yet been officially accepted.
Attached Images

FranckF11042.00
      08-28-2022, 04:18 PM   #299
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I guess the difference can be seen in these 2 images.

The first is build sheet with a handwritten note from the dealer.

The second is fully generated by BMW, which confirms the color has been accepted by BMW. Note: For me, the price appeared as 'Blocked' until the car hit 150 (in production) status.

If your dealer can give you a sheet like the second image, you should be in good shape. If not, then it may indicate the order has not yet been officially accepted.
Thanks, I guess it's ok as it's not handwritten, he sent me the new order to sign it. But it's a bit of both as my first choice (SG = C4W) is manually deleted. So not sure he can do that by himslef. See attachments, you also have the BMW Ind request.

Any idea what is job number ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Draper3460.50
      08-29-2022, 02:21 PM   #300
mthreesixty3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera (991.2)

$50k climate tax?

I hope you vote wisely.

These politicians are purely delusional.
Appreciate 1
phinole25.50
      08-29-2022, 02:37 PM   #301
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthreesixty3 View Post
$50k climate tax?

I hope you vote wisely.

'Cane8519.00
      08-29-2022, 09:34 PM   #302
MWPcompM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Has anyone been able to order FDG as a custom/individual request in the US for a 2023 build?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 04:35 AM   #303
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hi guys,

That's what I feared when reading all this forum and before posting : BMW Individual France really made a mess and granted me the order withour checking with the factory. So FDG is not possible, for anyone.

So back to Skyscraper Grey for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 04:36 AM   #304
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPcompM3 View Post
Has anyone been able to order FDG as a custom/individual request in the US for a 2023 build?
After what happened to me, no more hope. Color is clearly discontinued, I have the mail from the factory to BMW Individual France.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 05:07 AM   #305
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
$50k climate tax?

I hope you vote wisely.

It is a system since 2008 and it goes worst and worst every year on all big cars / sport cars / super cars. Different governments, no change, and there won't be.

Hope for us is Hybrid sport like the Ferrari SF90 (no tax at all !) as the system is only based on CO2 emissions.

The M3 will clearly be my last 100% combustion engine sport car. The value will be sky high after

At least the market takes it into account, if I have to sell my M3 one day, I will get back a large part of this 50k tax.
Appreciate 1
phinole25.50
      08-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #306
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
$50k climate tax?

I hope you vote wisely.

It is a system since 2008 and it goes worst and worst every year on all big cars / sport cars / super cars. Different governments, no change, and there won't be.

Hope for us is Hybrid sport like the Ferrari SF90 (no tax at all !) as the system is only based on CO2 emissions.

The M3 will clearly be my last 100% combustion engine sport car. The value will be sky high after

At least the market takes it into account, if I have to sell my M3 one day, I will get back a large part of this 50k tax.
No need to feed the troll.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 11:39 AM   #307
Patsfan1997
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition M xDrive

Quote:
After what happened to me, no more hope. Color is clearly discontinued, I have the mail from the factory to BMW Individual France.
Well that's unfortunate. I got my hopes up and asked my dealer to check with BMW Individual on this. Now it's back to trying to decide between SSG, DG and BG. I would love to understand what was BMW's thought process behind discontinuing such a nice colour.
      08-30-2022, 12:19 PM   #308
FranckF1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
No need to feed the troll.
???

See malus scale (with english auto translation) : https://www-largus-fr.translate.goog..._x_tr_pto=wapp
Appreciate 0