BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-06-2024, 06:59 AM   #1
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Guest Profile in idrive 8

I just picked up my 24 M4 comp and am having trouble adjusting to idrive8 from idrive 7. One thing I can’t figure out is how to have presets enabled for the guest key that my wife uses. She wants to be able to use presets for Sirius radio and my car is telling me that it’s only enabled for the primary driver which is me. In idrive 7, I could have presets enabled for both keys. Please tell me what I’m doing wrong.
      03-06-2024, 08:29 AM   #2
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Have her make her own profile on the other key.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2024, 08:38 AM   #3
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
Have her make her own profile on the other key.
Thanks. Forgive me, but how do I do that? I used my BMW login to create my profile. But am not clear on how to make a second profile for her key. I apologize in advance if this is a well-known thing that I should already know.
      03-06-2024, 08:58 AM   #4
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Thanks. Forgive me, but how do I do that? I used my BMW login to create my profile. But am not clear on how to make a second profile for her key. I apologize in advance if this is a well-known thing that I should already know.
Hop into the car with the second key and click on the profile in the corner, there should be something there to create a profile and go from there.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2024, 09:13 AM   #5
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
First step is creating a profile for her. Pretty straightforward. Once that's done, make sure her key is the only one in the car and her profile is active, then go into the profile area (tap the icon top right), settings, then Driver Recognition. Check "Link to Key" and her profile will get loaded when her key is the only one in the car.
Appreciate 0