BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-19-2023, 02:33 PM   #23
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Just an FYI, you can customize M1 and M2, you can make M1 more aggressive than M2 and vice versa, M2 doesn't have to be the more aggressive one.
Yeah I figured that out lolol thanks bro 👍😎
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 07:23 PM   #24
Tobstertx3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_04 View Post
Just want to say hello and introduce myself to this great community, first time BMW owner here (Came from Lexus and my most recent acura ILX hahaha) so this has been a wonderful and different experience so far in these 2 weeks ive owned it . All ive done is tint the car(ceramic 50% front shield and 20% all around) and currently have the car in the shop getting the PPF film(xpel) put on clear gloss. There's so much i want to do to the car i don't even know where to begin with this beautiful beast. My first question was recommendations on cold air intake, pipes and suspension because i want to give it a lower aggressive look. Thanks again everyone
Looks stunning. Any side on pics?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 07:43 PM   #25
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobstertx3 View Post
Looks stunning. Any side on pics?
Thanks bro. Took these before I got the tints. I need some new pics once I get it back from the shop tomorrow after xpel PPF install. 🙏
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
DSTR1281.50
G80KG0.00
      10-19-2023, 09:39 PM   #26
EatThatLunchBaby
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Awesome ride and welcome to the club!

Don’t forget to enjoy that beast in between doing all your mods 😁

A little MDM mode will turn a bad day around quickly! Put that diff to work whenever you can
Appreciate 1
Pat_04196.00
      10-20-2023, 04:30 AM   #27
24M4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G82 M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Lupeskew

Will do brother!

I was watching kies motorsports on YouTube he had stocks with the Dahler valve control wow sounds beautiful man. Yeah I was between xpipes with removed resonators or Midpipe but was told Midpipe would sound better. Is the Dahler valve the sst valve you're talking about?
Congrats on the ride. Great choice. I have the exact car/specs, just in Brooklyn Grey. While I haven’t touched the CAI yet, I had both forward and rear resonators removed and replaced with 3” stainless. I also just installed my Dahler exhaust valve controller from Kies yesterday. I can tell you that it sounds agressive, just like I wanted. I mapped my remote’s Open and Close buttons to my mirror’s universal remote buttons… LOVE it.

Good luck with your mods. Let me know how the CAI install goes!

Edit: Just did my break-in service yesterday. Immediately left the dealership to put it on a lift to install the Dahler valve controllers. The roars after 5k+ RPMs are insane. First-time Bimmer owner here too. And I’m in love!
Appreciate 1
Pat_04196.00
      10-20-2023, 08:48 AM   #28
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24M4 View Post
Congrats on the ride. Great choice. I have the exact car/specs, just in Brooklyn Grey. While I haven’t touched the CAI yet, I had both forward and rear resonators removed and replaced with 3” stainless. I also just installed my Dahler exhaust valve controller from Kies yesterday. I can tell you that it sounds agressive, just like I wanted. I mapped my remote’s Open and Close buttons to my mirror’s universal remote buttons… LOVE it.

Good luck with your mods. Let me know how the CAI install goes!

Edit: Just did my break-in service yesterday. Immediately left the dealership to put it on a lift to install the Dahler valve controllers. The roars after 5k+ RPMs are insane. First-time Bimmer owner here too. And I’m in love!

Damn bro that's sickkkkkkkkk! any way you can send me a clip??? would love to hear it. If you're on IG add me!

patrick_loves_realestate

So far i tinted the whole car, and im here at the shop now waiting to get it they just wrapped it in Xpel PPF, i saw it fast walking through here it looks beautiful man damn! The intake should be here Monday i think, after that i was going to get the coilovers i still dont know which ones to gettttt... i love kies sports's channel dude has videos for everything haha shiiiit. Also don't know what to do with pipes yet i don't know if i wanted to leave stocks and just get midpipe with controller or get an exhaust and remove res. I definitely would love to hear yours bro! the Dinan intake sounds incredible on our cars from what ive seen man you could fool anyone that you already have a blow off valve.

Last edited by Pat_04; 10-20-2023 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
24M434.50
      10-20-2023, 11:43 AM   #29
Lupeskew
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW M4 G83 IOMG

I too wpuld like to hear it. Do.you have a video you could post? I wonder the sound difference from just cutting out the deal resonators and attatching 3" pipe with the valve controller compared to a single mid pipe with valve controller
Appreciate 2
Pat_04196.00
24M434.50
      10-20-2023, 11:45 AM   #30
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupeskew View Post
I too wpuld like to hear it. Do.you have a video you could post? I wonder the sound difference from just cutting out the deal resonators and attatching 3" pipe with the valve controller compared to a single mid pipe with valve controller
Yeah I definitely want to see the difference 🤔🤔
Appreciate 1
24M434.50
      10-20-2023, 12:11 PM   #31
GolfR17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Welcome!

Gorgeous car. Love that mirror shine on the black exterior! Shes a beauty.
Appreciate 1
Pat_04196.00
      10-20-2023, 01:25 PM   #32
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfR17 View Post
Welcome!

Gorgeous car. Love that mirror shine on the black exterior! Shes a beauty.
Thank you brother! I'm absolutely in love with her lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 02:29 PM   #33
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the community!

The hood does not seem properly closed in the first photo - there’s a much larger panel gap on the left than on the right between the hood and the bumper.

I was going to guess bad panel alignment but it looks much tighter in the third picture (as expected).

Open the hood and let it smack down equally on both sides from about 2-3 feet.
Put microfiber towel and firmly press down. No smacking anything, we don’t want palm prints all over the hood
Pat_04196.00
2011ninja3415.50
      10-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #34
24M4
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Damn bro that's sickkkkkkkkk! any way you can send me a clip??? would love to hear it. If you're on IG add me!

patrick_loves_realestate

So far i tinted the whole car, and im here at the shop now waiting to get it they just wrapped it in Xpel PPF, i saw it fast walking through here it looks beautiful man damn! The intake should be here Monday i think, after that i was going to get the coilovers i still dont know which ones to gettttt... i love kies sports's channel dude has videos for everything haha shiiiit. Also don't know what to do with pipes yet i don't know if i wanted to leave stocks and just get midpipe with controller or get an exhaust and remove res. I definitely would love to hear yours bro! the Dinan intake sounds incredible on our cars from what ive seen man you could fool anyone that you already have a blow off valve.
Good stuff. Yep, Xpel is a must! Good call.

I’m working on a short vid that was only intended to be a cold start stock vs reso delete vs reso delete + Dahler controller valves full open for me to hear the difference across each. I’ll try to get a few good clips of some pulls for sound reference. Never got any stock pull sounds. I just don’t have any high quality audio recording gear so it’ll be a crap shoot. I’ll see what I can get though.

Unfortunately, I’m in Cali so intake mods…. well ANY mods, for that matter, are all huge fines if the boys in blue pull you over. CARB certs are few and far between for CAI. So the Dahler controller and the reso deletes are about as much as I can do without upsetting the balance of the universe here. Congrats on the whip again bro! Enjoy it!
Appreciate 1
Pat_04196.00
      10-20-2023, 04:14 PM   #35
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I’m working on a short vid that was only intended to be a cold start stock vs reso delete vs reso delete + Dahler controller valves full open for me to hear the difference across each. I’ll try to get a few good clips of some pulls for sound reference. Never got any stock pull sounds. I just don’t have any high quality audio recording gear so it’ll be a crap shoot. I’ll see what I can get though.

Unfortunately, I’m in Cali so intake mods…. well ANY mods, for that matter, are all huge fines if the boys in blue pull you over. CARB certs are few and far between for CAI. So the Dahler controller and the reso deletes are about as much as I can do without upsetting the balance of the universe here. Congrats on the whip again bro! Enjoy it!

Damn...sorry to hear that brother... CA I'm here in Miami FL. Dude even stock these BMWS are absolute beauties. Enjoy the car man! look forward to the video!
Appreciate 1
24M434.50
      10-21-2023, 01:58 PM   #36
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Xpel Film on! 🙏🙏
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Lupeskew645.50
2011ninja3415.50
JDUNITNOW3580.50
G80KG0.00
SheBMW232.00
      10-21-2023, 02:25 PM   #37
christianb5s4
Captain
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

Quote:

They won't bother you especially in a new performance oriented car. Plus we don't have to deal with smog for 8 years with new cars.

The only time people get nabbed is when they are doing something wrong or it's obscenely loud. I say go for it! I certainly will.
Appreciate 1
24M434.50
      10-21-2023, 08:09 PM   #38
24M4
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianb5s4 View Post
They won't bother you especially in a new performance oriented car. Plus we don't have to deal with smog for 8 years with new cars.

The only time people get nabbed is when they are doing something wrong or it's obscenely loud. I say go for it! I certainly will.
Something wrong as in no front plate (totally me!)…. Then it’s “Hmm, why don’t you go ahead and pop your hood for me”? I’ve seen it too often in my 22 years living in the state, unfortunately.

As for not bothering you especially in a new performance ortiented car, I have story for you. I was pulled over in my Hellcat Redeye within 2 weeks of taking delivery - fully stock - becuase the cop thought “it sounded too loud” (as I was on an incline and the car dropped a gear). He checked what he had to, even layed on his side to look under the rear with his flashlight to see if the exhaust was indeed stock, all on the side of the I-15 freeway. I had nothing to hide, and was ultimately let go. Totally pissed me off and a waste of my time, as if there are no murderers or child molesters out there, but was not about to give him the satisfaction of ruining my day. There’s a YouTube video I came across of a guy that got pulled over and was being lectured about his track mode being illegal on public roads. New car, so he was testing things out. Got nabbed. The motive for his stop? Burbles on downshifts while in track mode (brand new, fully stock car BTW). Not sure about the laws on that, or what transpired before the video was rolling, but totally got hassled about it. I saw another video of a kid getting grilled by two totally clueless, non-car-guy cops, hood open, as they asked him “what’s this” (pointing to his stock intake), “how bout that” (pointing to his catch can). Cali is different 😆🤣😂

In the end I guess we all take the risks we’re willing to pay for. I just can’t justify towing/storage fees, and randoms putting their fingerprints all over my clean car just because a cop is having a bad day while on a power trip. I’m all for pushing the envelope. Just a little guarded about setting myself up for an avoidable bad day.

That said, I’ll likely get that intake!!
Appreciate 2
Pat_04196.00
2011ninja3415.50
      10-21-2023, 08:34 PM   #39
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Something wrong as in no front plate (totally me!)…. Then it’s “Hmm, why don’t you go ahead and pop your hood for me”? I’ve seen it too often in my 22 years living in the state, unfortunately.

As for not bothering you especially in a new performance ortiented car, I have story for you. I was pulled over in my Hellcat Redeye within 2 weeks of taking delivery - fully stock - becuase the cop thought “it sounded too loud” (as I was on an incline and the car dropped a gear). He checked what he had to, even layed on his side to look under the rear with his flashlight to see if the exhaust was indeed stock, all on the side of the I-15 freeway. I had nothing to hide, and was ultimately let go. Totally pissed me off and a waste of my time, as if there are no murderers or child molesters out there, but was not about to give him the satisfaction of ruining my day. There’s a YouTube video I came across of a guy that got pulled over and was being lectured about his track mode being illegal on public roads. New car, so he was testing things out. Got nabbed. The motive for his stop? Burbles on downshifts while in track mode (brand new, fully stock car BTW). Not sure about the laws on that, or what transpired before the video was rolling, but totally got hassled about it. I saw another video of a kid getting grilled by two totally clueless, non-car-guy cops, hood open, as they asked him “what’s this” (pointing to his stock intake), “how bout that” (pointing to his catch can). Cali is different 😆🤣😂

In the end I guess we all take the risks we’re willing to pay for. I just can’t [...]
Wow man I feel for you all in Cali that's WILD..
With all those regulations I would of probably bought a nice truck or something lol I would of lost my ishhhhh lol
Appreciate 1
24M434.50
      10-26-2023, 07:38 PM   #40
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Delivered! Will get it installed tomorrow and yellow DRLS. Will post pics 👊
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
bri10426099.00
Lupeskew645.50
2011ninja3415.50
      10-27-2023, 03:24 PM   #41
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Installed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
2011ninja3415.50
Lupeskew645.50
G80KG0.00
      10-27-2023, 05:01 PM   #42
Lupeskew
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW M4 G83 IOMG

Looks awesome sir! How was the DRL install? About an hour? Nice intake BTW!
Appreciate 1
Pat_04196.00
      10-28-2023, 07:06 AM   #43
Pat_04
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupeskew View Post
Looks awesome sir! How was the DRL install? About an hour? Nice intake BTW!
Thanks bud! Yeah the DRLS were fast. The intake took a little longer because of the fitment. Nothing fits as perfect as OEM haha but it sounds incredible man.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 07:28 AM   #44
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Make sure you get a oil cooler guard for your car, Especially if you are lowering car. Also if lowering, I suggest Eibach springs. I did has springs and did not have good luck. H&R is a good choice whether you go HAS or standard springs. Eibach may be a little too conservative for your taste. Awesome car by the way....
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
Pat_04196.00