Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
I'm not the most mechanically inclined person when it comes to cars so I probably won't install myself. Do you think the dealer will install it or do I have to bring it to a muffler shop? Since I have no experience with mufflers and so forth and do not know what to look for when they install it. Is it pretty straight forward for any exhaust shop to do it Monroe muffler shop for example or do I have to find a more specialty shop that knows what to look for to install it on foreign cars! Thanks
I would assume anyone with a lift could install it. I think it would take quite a bit of effort to screw up the install, there's no fabrication involved
Don't they have to cut the oem mid pipe and then weld the new one in? Or are there no cuts involved
      08-21-2021, 05:08 AM   #46
Chad11491
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamion117 View Post
Don't they have to cut the oem mid pipe and then weld the new one in? Or are there no cuts involved
Cut and clamp. No biggie, would take most shops, or anyone with a sawzall and a Jack about 20-30 min total to install.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #47
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Quote:
It has a flange where it bolts to the down pipes in the front. The rear has to be cut and then a clamp and sleeve join the two sections. Standard on BMW because they run the exhaust in one piece the length of the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #48
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Quote:
I'm not the most mechanically inclined person when it comes to cars so I probably won't install myself. Do you think the dealer will install it or do I have to bring it to a muffler shop? Since I have no experience with mufflers and so forth and do not know what to look for when they install it. Is it pretty straight forward for any exhaust shop to do it Monroe muffler shop for example or do I have to find a more specialty shop that knows what to look for to install it on foreign cars! Thanks
I would assume anyone with a lift could install it. I think it would take quite a bit of effort to screw up the install, there's no fabrication involved
As others said, no welding, just a cut. It's designed to be fully reversible if you need to swap back from smog or inspections or anything
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 02:50 PM   #49
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
Quote:
It has a flange where it bolts to the down pipes in the front. The rear has to be cut and then a clamp and sleeve join the two sections. Standard on BMW because they run the exhaust in one piece the length of the car.
When I want to go backwards for when I sell the car, the exhaust will need to be rewelded back to oem correct? Is this a tell-tale that something's been done to the car?
      08-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #50
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
Quote:
When I want to go backwards for when I sell the car, the exhaust will need to be rewelded back to oem correct? Is this a tell-tale that something's been done to the car?
You can just reinstall the factory mid pipe and reuse the sleeve clamps. I don't think a buyer will be deterred just because the car had a mid pipe unless they were looking for a perfect low mileage car. I got top dollar for my 18 with 3700 miles with a AA mid pipe installed.
      12-28-2021, 05:59 AM   #51
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Will this pass the NYS yearly inspection?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 08:01 AM   #52
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Will this pass the NYS yearly inspection?
If they only check the O2 sensors, it will pass as this mod will not change or replace the downpipes. That's where the primary cats and your last sensors are located.

If they do a physical inspection going under the car, it'll probably fail as it removes the secondary cats.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0