Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso235i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowE88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I think if I owned the Mustang (bite my tongue) that I wouldn't own a Mustang. It's literally probably the only car I just hate and would never want any part of, and that goes for anything Ford. But I would be pissed off if my car got it's ass handed to it like that. The last run was impressive, but it should be obvious with 50% more power.
Yup, the mustang is my most hated car ever. Maybe it's more the people behind the wheel who ruin them. From the obnoxiously V8 exhaust to the vapeing eco boost cool guys blow off valve, gross. I didn't get my M3 to be unique or special in any way but the last time I saw one similar to mine was a few months ago and that's sort of nice in a way. Today I saw 3 mustangs identical to each other at a stop light. Probably saw at least 10 total today on the street. I couldn't care less if they are faster than my BMW because at the end of the day I'm not the one driving a Ford.
Those mustangs you saw were more comparable to the dozens of other 3 series you probably also saw. a GT350 would have the same road "rarity" or greater than a new M3/4. Apples to apples at least, come on
Where I live (south Florida)my gt350 is much much rarer than any m2/3/4/5.
5.0 Gt are a dime a dozen.
I live in riverview Florida near Tampa and I see on a regular 2 or 3 gt350s every week near where I live
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 02:25 PM   #46
perryreid90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryreid90 View Post
i'd take a ford product over a GM product any day of the week though. at least ford makes some kind of effort to hide their cost cutting, im pretty sure GM wears it like some kinda badge of honor.
Eh, the C8 is better than anything Ford has ever produced, not including the New Ford GT. I see that as more of a grassroots platform, and not even really a Ford. My M4 order came out to over $103K, and I still passed up on the C8. I was all about it, and followed it, intently, But after I sat in one, it just reminded me too much of my C7, and I slowly let my love for it, drift into the shadows. Now I do think that GM has something coming with the new Z-06. I may need to get one just listen to the engine.
okay, you have a point there. the C8 is phenomenal. and yes, its a GM product. however: the corvette team is known to be kind of a skunkworks project within GM that operates under its own rules, and thus is not a reflection of GM as a company. but yes, you sir, are correct
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13440.50