BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #1
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Picking an Individual color in the US - Gentian Blue?

Does anyone know what Gentian Blue looks like? I found one BMW-related article online. I’m worried it’s just the Porsche Gentian Blue which is too dark.

I tried to order LSB and was told I can't do that.
      12-22-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Did a quick google on the color. BMW would match the color exactly as it is on a Porsche (since it's a Porsche color). If you're looking for something a little lighter, perhaps San Marino blue would do the trick?

This link includes many of the individual blues that have been done:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...6&d=1476076920
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

thanks actually I do not want Gentian Blue if its the Porsche hue. too dark and metallic. I prefer a flat color lighter. basically as close to LSB as possible if thats not an option.
      12-22-2020, 07:38 PM   #4
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
thanks actually I do not want Gentian Blue if its the Porsche hue. too dark and metallic. I prefer a flat color lighter. basically as close to LSB as possible if thats not an option.
That will be difficult, LSB is so unique in how it switches to a creamy blue-green hue in certain lighting and looking pure blue in other. Something like Santorini will look similar in some light but very different in other. Santorini is more of a plain Vodoo (toy car) blue with non of the LSBs complexity and specialness. Fingers crossed they let you have LSB.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 01:02 PM   #5
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

?? Gentian Blue is specifically that dark metallic blue from Porsche. Loads of pics around but I can't see it will be different. Like ordering Estoril Blue 2 on a Porsche, it's PTS of your favourite BMW colour (for some reason) on a Porsche.

Better BMW blues to be had for less I'd say.