G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

03-15-2022, 03:02 PM   #67
ToMorNotToM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BSM G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKParris View Post
It feels like he just ordered it. Weird.
Vs those who have waited 6 plus months someone getting a car in 2-3 months is lightning fast!
Appreciate 1
MKParris908.00
      03-15-2022, 03:11 PM   #68
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1star View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1star View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Fucker ordered his car after me and already got it
Pays to be a successful YouTuber !
I was thinking the same thing. I ordered in October and my car is still in Order Received status.
If you don't have an order number, you're still waiting for an allocation.
Got my allocation on Dec 23.
Yeah, that's a long time. Did you order an individual color? Those seem to add like 90 days to a build.
Actually no individual color. Just check today and it's in scheduled for production for the third time.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 03:27 PM   #69
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Atlantis blue or this color?
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 04:54 PM   #70
rideontwo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VaNOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Atlantis Blue
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2022, 11:03 PM   #71
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
Quote:
I would have started being that asshole around the 4-5 month mark. I would be calling them, everyday, until they just got on a routine, of them emailing me with a status, update, everyday, before I call. Your timeframe is grounds to get BMW corporate involved.
I did. I even contacted BMW HQ. They were "kind" enough to forward my messages to customer service in BMW Poland. Lately, I reached out to management in Munich again and I was redirected again to customer service here. This time the Head of Technical Service, Customer Care and Warranty replied and informed me that if I'm unhappy with the order I can always cancel.
Wow that's kinda F'd up
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      03-16-2022, 02:35 AM   #72
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

I Understand it must suck to see some people get their cars within a normal/reasonable time frame.

However I am not so sure it is due to any special treatment, even though it could be in some cases.

Take me, a nobody, for example:
I have ordered two Bmw M cars.

The first one was an M2 during 2016.
I had to wait 12 months for that car even though I placed the order before/aroumd the cars release date.
In that case it was due to the models popularity and that BMW reallocated lots of cars to other markets (US for example) and poor little Sweden ended up with about only 80-90 cars allocated for MY 2016.
Way less than actual demand.

The next example is my M3 xDrive.
I placed the order 2nd week of November last year and the car was built already on the 20th of December.
Then it sat in Germany waiting for transportation for about 8 weeks due to severe shortages in the shipping/transportation area.

All in all about 15 weeks from order placed to car arriving at the dealer.
obviously could have gone even quicker if it wasn´t for the shipping constraints.

In my case it seems more about fortune and misfortune.
Not sure if it helps… ��
Appreciate 3
SaMaster144439.00
themnmd1691.00
      03-16-2022, 08:28 AM   #73
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 GMC AT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
To be fair, some dealerships do this on their own. I have picked up M3's in the past - as far back as 2002 - and rolled up to find a big red bow on it. I didn't ask for that. The dealership decided to do that on their own. My buddy's 992 arrived at the dealership 3 days ago and the dealership is holding it for a week so they can "display it in their showroom." Dealerships do weird dealership things.
For sure. I mean no disrespect to folks who like this sort of attention. I as a person do not, and I guarantee my dealer will not be using my new M4 as a customer display when it arrives, and it will never have a bow on it. I rather meet privately in a service bay or somewhere out back when mine is ready, no fanfare for me. My dealer is great about that, sold customer cars are kept in an area where you cannot walk to without an associate and you can't touch the cars there. I was in a week ago and they had a gorgeous Z8 (I believe it was in for service) along side a sold M5 and and M3 Comp.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #74
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
There are people in this very thread who received cars in the same timeframe as JA, yet, you still have people continuing with the, "He's more special than we are!" narrative. Everybody wants to be a victim………of something.
I think it's fair for many of us to feel victimized when seeing others receive their cars in 1/4 of the time that we've been waiting. Is it right to blame one slightly more well known BMW customer over the many others? No, but you also need to understand that with the social media influencer/Michelin Ambassador role he has chosen for his career he will he more visible and a target of criticism. Influencers need to have thick skin in order to be relevant and make a dent in the social media space.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #75
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywaddyF56 View Post
Do you not have the little 'chat' icon on the BMW homepage when you navigate to it? Clicking 'live chat' on that will direct you to a genius, who you can quiz for your build status.

That's what I've been doing, as that's the closest we get to tracking our order in the UK.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work here. They'll tell you to contact your dealer.

Hard to believe in the 21st century but it is what it is.
      03-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #76
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Quote:
There are people in this very thread who received cars in the same timeframe as JA, yet, you still have people continuing with the, "He's more special than we are!" narrative. Everybody wants to be a victim………of something.
I think it's fair for many of us to feel victimized when seeing others receive their cars in 1/4 of the time that we've been waiting. Is it right to blame one slightly more well known BMW customer over the many others? No, but you also need to understand that with the social media influencer/Michelin Ambassador role he has chosen for his career he will he more visible and a target of criticism. Influencers need to have thick skin in order to be relevant and make a dent in the social media space.
Victimized? Really?!? Over the time frame in which your $80k+ car arrives?!? You sound like a whining baby.
Appreciate 7
JustChris17487.50
themnmd1691.00
Seedster2279.00
bri10425940.00
element561091.00
gofast182628.50
      03-16-2022, 12:05 PM   #77
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Victimized? Really?!? Over the time frame in which your $80k+ car arrives?!? You sound like a whining baby.
And you sound like an Internet troll. So what's your point?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 04:15 PM   #78
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

I really wouldn't read too much in the 'lead time' we may be assuming for this car. A couple of points I'd offer:-

- The dealer and salesman he partners with is highly successful and together are huge BMW M brand ambassadors. Tony doesn't sell standard BMWs just M and M performance really

- Thus he likely has a disproportionate allocation size based on sales numbers and quick fulfilment of these

- I know from personal experience working with Tony ( and like any dealer) he has allocations and you can just get lucky, boom he has an M3 build slot that gets locked down in a few weeks and a customer has cancelled etc This occurs at all dealers and really is pure luck!

Thus really no one has much of an idea what the actual lead time was. Was it quick and did BMW manage to prioritise it, sure maybe!?

At the end of the day he makes a lot of content that people enjoy while they wait for their cars.

No harm done really.
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      03-16-2022, 04:59 PM   #79
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
I had Dravit for my order and switched to Atlantis! Do it
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2022, 05:08 PM   #80
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

I don't watch his videos, but could it be possible that he ordered it a while back and just recently uploaded the vid? Some content creators do that. He was gets his car faster as he is in the UK.
Appreciate 3
Seedster2279.00
sahajesh2294.00
JustChris17487.50
      03-17-2022, 05:29 AM   #81
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Could also be a dealer ordered car with an allocation that was still possible to change configuration of.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #82
Grrveer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (sold) 2018 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
I had Dravit for my order and switched to Atlantis! Do it
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you make the switch from Dravit to Atlantis? And how long did it take to get approved?

I have been trying to switch from Dravit to FDG for the past week and a half and “supposedly” my CA submitted the email to the rep a Friday (yesterday).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:51 AM   #83
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
I ordered my car on July 14th, and took delivery October 19th, in California. And mine was on a vessel for 28 days, and sat at the VPC, for 8 days for a RAM stop sale. If he ordered it in November, it's a good timeframe.
Not in the UK it isn't.

Average delivery times are 6-9 months for normal people.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:52 AM   #84
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer89 View Post
Anybody in these comments who believes Joe got his car early because of his you tube status or his money being so called different is absolutely lost.

It's just luck of the draw simple as that some take forever and a day and get delayed and some come quicker than others and that's just the way it goes.

Anybody would think your dealing with a brand like Ferrari or something where status tends to come into play 🤷🏽*♂️

And as a few have said his actual order reality wise would of been placed way before his video dropped and it also would of been a shorter journey it heading to the UK opposed to it going to the US.

None the less regardless of peoples thoughts congrats to him on the new car as it would of taken hard work for him to get it nobody just placed it on his lap.
Well something went well for Joe as most people are waiting 6-9 months for their new BMW's in the UK. 4 months is pretty much unheard of.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 10:34 AM   #85
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer89 View Post
Anybody in these comments who believes Joe got his car early because of his you tube status or his money being so called different is absolutely lost.

It's just luck of the draw simple as that some take forever and a day and get delayed and some come quicker than others and that's just the way it goes.

Anybody would think your dealing with a brand like Ferrari or something where status tends to come into play 🤷🏽*♂️

And as a few have said his actual order reality wise would of been placed way before his video dropped and it also would of been a shorter journey it heading to the UK opposed to it going to the US.

None the less regardless of peoples thoughts congrats to him on the new car as it would of taken hard work for him to get it nobody just placed it on his lap.
Well something went well for Joe as most people are waiting 6-9 months for their new BMW's in the UK. 4 months is pretty much unheard of.
I strongly suspect mine will be just shy of 3 months from order to delivery. I'm certainly no YouTuber so I genuinely just think it's luck of the draw.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 10:48 AM   #86
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Not in the UK it isn't.

Average delivery times are 6-9 months for normal people.
Quote:
6-9 months, if you ordered an Individual car. He ordered Dravit, and although, its an individual color, its a pre-approved individual color, that doesn't add any time to the build. People that are ordering individual colors, here, are waiting that long, as well.

All you'd need to do, coming from Germany, would be to cross the english channel to get your car. You could easily do German Delivery, and Drive it home. Mine sat on a vessel for 28 days.

Now, maybe they're shorter on parts. If you guys had your steering wheel on the correct side, it may be less of a problem.

Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      03-22-2022, 11:26 AM   #87
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemisz View Post
IMO the main reason that he was waiting less than others is very simple - Joe is the real influencer => he is helping BMW to sell much more(!!!) G80s than most of forum users here

Some of you can be pissed, but c'mon - create YT channel, start a blog and review a lot of cars, keep doing this of few years and review your dream car (e.g. in 2025-2028). I believe you will get very short allocation then others - win-win!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 01:09 PM   #88
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrveer View Post
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you make the switch from Dravit to Atlantis? And how long did it take to get approved?

I have been trying to switch from Dravit to FDG for the past week and a half and “supposedly” my CA submitted the email to the rep a Friday (yesterday).

Thanks!
March 15 was when he submitted the email. Hasn't been approved yet.
Appreciate 0