G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

03-15-2022, 07:02 AM   #45
BretCols
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

Can't tell. Haven't seen very many pictures of it, or seen it in the light, or in person, for that matter. But, the good thing is, it's been painted on other cars, so, we may very well see it, eventually.
Its Grigio Telesto Perl(P6M) Love this colour
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00
      03-15-2022, 07:05 AM   #46
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Wow that's pretty bad. Did you select the unobtanium package?
Sure I did. I also selected "extended anticipation delivery".
Bahamut709.50
      03-15-2022, 07:14 AM   #47
DimM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretCols View Post
Its 100% Dravit Grey not Grigio Telesto
Appreciate 4
Erebor1130.00
themnmd1691.00
Limegrntaln13472.00
      03-15-2022, 07:17 AM   #48
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
I was waiting for my ordinary X3 6 months, built in SA with EU delivery. If I count the time that the dealership screwed things, than it was 9 months. And that was in time when nobody heard about covid or chip shortage.

Many people don't even know who Joe Achilles is in the first place. Maybe BMW values him highly and pushed his build faster. That happens everywhere and for many things. There are people and people, if you know what mean. If you are in the same market as Joe, placed similar order at the same time as he did, and you don't have your car now, than you can complain. Enjoy your waiting and be glad, you have these kind of problems.

Good for him, that he can enjoy the vehicle he ordered and wanted. Wish him many miles without an accident.
      03-15-2022, 07:57 AM   #49
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
This makes me feel like a "really valued customer" since I ordered my car half a fucking year earlier and I still don't know when it will be built.
Wow that's pretty bad. Did you select the unobtanium package?
Lmao
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 07:58 AM   #50
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Can't tell. Haven't seen very many pictures of it, or seen it in the light, or in person, for that matter. But, the good thing is, it's been painted on other cars, so, we may very well see it, eventually.
Would be my choice to , dravit very nice as well
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 08:17 AM   #51
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

There are people in this very thread who received cars in the same timeframe as JA, yet, you still have people continuing with the, "He's more special than we are!" narrative. Everybody wants to be a victim………of something.
Appreciate 7
Bahamut709.50
Limegrntaln13472.00
BMWM4CX281.50
Gdiddy23907.50
JDUNITNOW3513.00
      03-15-2022, 08:39 AM   #52
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

🐀🏎
      03-15-2022, 09:05 AM   #53
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
There are people in this very thread who received cars in the same timeframe as JA, yet, you still have people continuing with the, "He's more special than we are!" narrative. Everybody wants to be a victim………of something.
If I recall correctly, ordered mine at the end of October and received it first week of April on my end
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25113.50
Limegrntaln13472.00
      03-15-2022, 10:15 AM   #54
BretCols
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimM3 View Post
Its 100% Dravit Grey not Grigio Telesto
My mistake, you right. Look so similar when not in the sunlight
Appreciate 1
DimM3302.00
      03-15-2022, 10:33 AM   #55
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbal View Post
Ordered my M4 on 3rd of July with a delivery no later than 30th of March! I have been informed this week that there might be some delay. The delivery is tentatively scheduled for the week of 11th of April.

Looking at the video and reading some posts, I understand that BMW has a very special way of managing customer orders…

Probably my last BMW…
Did you get a production number, the day you ordered your car? If you did not walk out of the dealership with a production number, your car was not ordered that day. Your dealer was simply waiting for an allocation, and they are not going to contact you, and explain that to you, long hand, because you will go somewhere else. If you're waiting, you're still a customer, in their eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer89 View Post
Anybody in these comments who believes Joe got his car early because of his YouTube status or his money being so called different is absolutely lost.
I got my car a month earlier than him, and I'm in California. My car sat on a vessel, for 28 days and at the VPC for 8. Now if you want to see unhappy? There was a guy that posted, he ordered 2 days after me, and he took delivery of his car, in North Carolina, when my car was still at the port, in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EATERS View Post
Great looking car with the PDF. Joe will be regretting that he didnt wait for an m anniversary edition. I guess he will trade this in in a few months…..
He's already said, in both order videos, that these cars were just for him to wait for the Touring (Wagon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
you were lucky. I've pre ordered my car the 25 january 2021, confirmed (Xdrive) the 4th july, allocation and build number the same day. Bumped 8 times! I'll drive it for the first time on friday, finally.

But there are several users here who are experiencing a huge delay, Loma for instance, who ordered an M3 Xdrive in may! And He still doesn't know when it'll be produced.

If Joe (by the way, I really like his videos!) waited only 4 months, this is the proof that some markets doesn't mind for BMW, and maybe an english customer is more important than a Polish or an Italian one, and this is so sad.
Quote:
This makes me feel like a "really valued customer" since I ordered my car half a fucking year earlier and I still don't know when it will be built.
Something definitely going on with you and V-Eights orders. Do your countries have restrictions with some cars coming into the country, or something? You've had the longest wait I've ever heard of. Something almost doesn't sound like the dealer is telling you the truth. Can you track your car in MyBMW Garage?

Quote:
Colour is Grigio Telesto Perl(P6M) Gorgeous colour!
Quote:
Per his order video, it's definitely Dravit Gray. I also own a Dravit Gray car, so, I recognize the color. It's the Gray/ Black, that I haven't seen, in person.

All of these are Dravit. 2 of them, are my car, and one is an X5, I took, of a new car, at the dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      03-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #56
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Let's be real we know that celebrities and wealthier clientele have their orders put top of the list all the time.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #57
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Something definitely going on with you and V-Eights orders. Do your countries have restrictions with some cars coming into the country, or something? You've had the longest wait I've ever heard of. Something almost doesn't sound like the dealer is telling you the truth. Can you track your car in MyBMW Garage?
I first heard of restrictions imposed on certain options (laser headlights, HUD, HK, 360 cameras) in late September. I was told that unless I remove these options I'll have to wait. So I waited... The final restriction was lifted on the 4th week of 2022 but I am still waiting. Nobody was able to tell me why my car hasn't been built in weeks 5, 7, and 8.

Here in the EU, we cannot track our orders via MyBMW Garage nor can we call customer service/genius to get any info regarding the current status or build week. The only way to obtain such information is to reach out to your CA. There are better and worse CAs, some update their clients some don't. My CA belongs to the latter category.
jas1651448.00
      03-15-2022, 11:56 AM   #58
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I first heard of restrictions imposed on certain options (laser headlights, HUD, HK, 360 cameras) in late September. I was told that unless I remove these options I'll have to wait. So I waited... The final restriction was lifted on the 4th week of 2022 but I am still waiting. Nobody was able to tell me why my car hasn't been built in weeks 5, 7, and 8.

Here in the EU, we cannot track our orders via MyBMW Garage nor can we call customer service/genius to get any info regarding the current status or build week. The only way to obtain such information is to reach out to your CA. There are better and worse CAs, some update their clients some don't. My CA belongs to the latter category.
I would have started being that asshole around the 4-5 month mark. I would be calling them, everyday, until they just got on a routine, of them emailing me with a status, update, everyday, before I call. Your timeframe is grounds to get BMW corporate involved.

Appreciate 2
Loma398.00
BMWM4CX281.50
      03-15-2022, 12:03 PM   #59
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
I would have started being that asshole around the 4-5 month mark. I would be calling them, everyday, until they just got on a routine, of them emailing me with a status, update, everyday, before I call. Your timeframe is grounds to get BMW corporate involved.
I did. I even contacted BMW HQ. They were "kind" enough to forward my messages to customer service in BMW Poland. Lately, I reached out to management in Munich again and I was redirected again to customer service here. This time the Head of Technical Service, Customer Care and Warranty replied and informed me that if I'm unhappy with the order I can always cancel.
      03-15-2022, 12:28 PM   #60
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Quote:

Do you not have the little 'chat' icon on the BMW homepage when you navigate to it? Clicking 'live chat' on that will direct you to a genius, who you can quiz for your build status.

That's what I've been doing, as that's the closest we get to tracking our order in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 12:51 PM   #61
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Fucker ordered his car after me and already got it
Pays to be a successful YouTuber !
I was thinking the same thing. I ordered in October and my car is still in Order Received status.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #62
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I did. I even contacted BMW HQ. They were "kind" enough to forward my messages to customer service in BMW Poland. Lately, I reached out to management in Munich again and I was redirected again to customer service here. This time the Head of Technical Service, Customer Care and Warranty replied and informed me that if I'm unhappy with the order I can always cancel.
That's crazy.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 12:57 PM   #63
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1star View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. I ordered in October and my car is still in Order Received status.
If you don't have an order number, you're still waiting for an allocation.

Appreciate 1
Troy1star151.00
      03-15-2022, 01:01 PM   #64
Troy1star
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got my allocation on Dec 23.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      03-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #65
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got my allocation on Dec 23.
Yeah, that's a long time. Did you order an individual color? Those seem to add like 90 days to a build.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 02:59 PM   #66
rideontwo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VaNOs

Quote:
Stop giving me appreciation for this post. I'm fucking pissed
Take your business else where. Go buy a Porsche instead.
Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00