G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Mid-Atlantic

04-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #199
T3F
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by iislyrogue View Post
I'm also really fed up with the awful lack of transparency. Also if things are screwing up because of the M3 they have why the hell wouldn't they just list it at MSRP on their website? They don't actually care. It was already a stretch on my budget to jump to the x drive so I really don't want to be pushed to the '23 model with a price increase. It's going to be my first M car, something I've been dreaming about since I was a kid, and the whole experience so far has really been turning me off. I'll hold out hope but I'm currently somewhere around 8th in line so I doubt I'll get an allocation any time soon.

I hope you get yours before the 23 change!!
Thanks! It'll also be my first, if I end up going through with it, but I'm really second-guessing at this point. At the end of the day, we're customers looking to spend ~$90k for something that is fun -- it shouldn't be this difficult, and the fact that it is contradicts the reason I wanted one of these in the first place. The market is totally crazy right now, but it won't last forever, and at this point, I think I might just rather wait until things return to normal in 6-12 months, and then go through the process in a way that is fun and gets me excited about the car vs. being a frustrating battle at ever step.

Regardless, I do think I'll ask to be pushed to '23 at this point, assuming that doesn't happen naturally; it might only mean waiting another month, there's supposedly an LCI, and even though there will probably be a price increase, it'll probably be less than the depreciation hit I'd take from getting a '22 mere weeks before the '23 changeover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besharaf View Post
I was told they received 3 this month? I don't know where I am, but assuming I'm ahead of iislyrogue
So now three of us have heard three different things...brilliant.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 07:18 AM   #200
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Thanks! It'll also be my first, if I end up going through with it, but I'm really second-guessing at this point. At the end of the day, we're customers looking to spend ~$90k for something that is fun -- it shouldn't be this difficult, and the fact that it is contradicts the reason I wanted one of these in the first place. The market is totally crazy right now, but it won't last forever, and at this point, I think I might just rather wait until things return to normal in 6-12 months, and then go through the process in a way that is fun and gets me excited about the car vs. being a frustrating battle at ever step.

Regardless, I do think I'll ask to be pushed to '23 at this point, assuming that doesn't happen naturally; it might only mean waiting another month, there's supposedly an LCI, and even though there will probably be a price increase, it'll probably be less than the depreciation hit I'd take from getting a '22 mere weeks before the '23 changeover.

So now three of us have heard three different things...brilliant.
LCI is always worth waiting for.

Honestly, I don't see a point of paying a premium for a luxury purchase. If it was a necessity, it might be different. I'd wait a few years.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 08:20 AM   #201
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
LCI is always worth waiting for.

Honestly, I don't see a point of paying a premium for a luxury purchase. If it was a necessity, it might be different. I'd wait a few years.
Most of us are trying to get a 22 because they don't want the LCI and the tacked on screen
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2022, 07:54 AM   #202
jetspeedb
Private
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Most of us are trying to get a 22 because they don't want the LCI and the tacked on screen
This so much.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 08:11 PM   #203
Besharaf
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
T3F iislyrogue

My deposit was 2/3/22 for an xDrive at Alexandria and I was number 12.

I physically went in today and asked what number I am now and was told 10. So doubt we've moved much at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 08:27 PM   #204
figuec56
Daniel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330eX

Garage List
2023 BMW 330ex  [0.00]
I ordered from Richmond. Got my email of 2 series from here a few years back. My last couple visits to bmw dealerships in northern va has been terrible.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 08:54 PM   #205
TillyM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M4 Xdrive  [9.83]
2016 MINI JCW  [10.00]
Quote:
T3F iislyrogue

My deposit was 2/3/22 for an xDrive at Alexandria and I was number 12.

I physically went in today and asked what number I am now and was told 10. So doubt we've moved much at all.
I got my 22 M4 xdrive right around covid peak last year in June at Alexandria. Prior to this was trying to make deal at sterling but they were extremely skeptical and shady which I end up walking out. Told me that they can do 3k above msrp and that I am 5th on line which I can expect to receive car around December or January 22.
Told sterling that I will not pay a dime extra over msrp and the moment I said that, they couldn't be more rude and didn't even bother trying to make deal. went to Alexandria next day, and to my very surprise, they said allocation is in hand and I can put in order,, no discount, just MSRP. got that done and 2 weeks later, received my build notification.
towards end of build, after reading thru series of upcharge and delay and wait, I almost thought that my SA was trying to scam me and sell the vehicle to another who can pay highest. had check in almost day to day to see on the update but in the end, Alexandria kept their end of bargain. was very happy.
However, the lady finance manager who started about week before, tried to say 90past 0% APR and would need to pay current APR at the time,, almost made a huge scene, yelled at SA and end up reaching management to get the 0%.- well worth time of 6 hour arguing back and forth lol ~

Even prior M4, never had good experience at Sterling, Fairfax has their M or BMW pride hitting the roof " Well if you are planning to own M, you need to pay premium" .. WTF .. or tried getting 2 brand new 5 series and asked for discount - "this is BMW you are talking about.. a ultimate driving machine" ... lol get da FO .. and walked out and ended up getting my last two at Sliverspring.

Alexandria was very first experience but overall, I was very happy.
Perhaps other dealer, it may be the SA - wrong people at worng time.. but surely gave me good impression not to return back to their dealer.

GL with build and hope you don't have to wait extra 2 month due to chip shortage like myself

Appreciate 1
Besharaf1064.00
      04-15-2022, 09:04 PM   #206
Besharaf
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyM View Post
I got my 22 M4 xdrive right around covid peak last year in June at Alexandria. Prior to this was trying to make deal at sterling but they were extremely skeptical and shady which I end up walking out. Told me that they can do 3k above msrp and that I am 5th on line which I can expect to receive car around December or January 22.
Told sterling that I will not pay a dime extra over msrp and the moment I said that, they couldn't be more rude and didn't even bother trying to make deal. went to Alexandria next day, and to my very surprise, they said allocation is in hand and I can put in order,, no discount, just MSRP. got that done and 2 weeks later, received my build notification.
towards end of build, after reading thru series of upcharge and delay and wait, I almost thought that my SA was trying to scam me and sell the vehicle to another who can pay highest. had check in almost day to day to see on the update but in the end, Alexandria kept their end of bargain. was very happy.
However, the lady finance manager who started about week before, tried to say 90past 0% APR and would need to pay current APR at the time,, almost made a huge scene, yelled at SA and end up reaching management to get the 0%.- well worth time of 6 hour arguing back and forth lol ~

Even prior M4, never had good experience at Sterling, Fairfax has their M or BMW pride hitting the roof " Well if you are planning to own M, you need to pay premium" .. WTF .. or tried getting 2 brand new 5 series and asked for discount - "this is BMW you are talking about.. a ultimate driving machine" ... lol get da FO .. and walked out and ended up getting my last two at Sliverspring.

Alexandria was very first experience but overall, I was very happy.
Perhaps other dealer, it may be the SA - wrong people at worng time.. but surely gave me good impression not to return back to their dealer.

GL with build and hope you don't have to wait extra 2 month due to chip shortage like myself

Thanks for sharing your story! I'm sure Alexandria will pull through,it's getting to the allocation that I haven't been too happy with the process. A couple of us hear different numbers every month and it's pretty much up in the air on when our turn will come. That's been the most frustrating part, hopefully it's relatively soon.

Passport had been great to me in the process, kinda hoping they pull through.
Appreciate 2
T3F45.50
      05-04-2022, 04:00 PM   #207
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Just picked up my G80 at BMW of Alexandria. Couldn't have been a smoother experience. Ordered last week of November.

Appreciate 6
Besharaf1064.00
KevinGS3360.50
s58544.00
JDUNITNOW3513.00
      05-04-2022, 06:32 PM   #208
iislyrogue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 6MT

Last week I got a phone call that someone dropped out of a RWD and they asked if i wanted it. Then two hours later they called back and said that “BMW messed up and was wrong about the allocations” but my CA also then said I was 10th in line again but he told me I was 10th in February so idk what to believe.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 07:19 PM   #209
Besharaf
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Last week I got a phone call that someone dropped out of a RWD and they asked if i wanted it. Then two hours later they called back and said that “BMW messed up and was wrong about the allocations” but my CA also then said I was 10th in line again but he told me I was 10th in February so idk what to believe.
10th for an xDrive?

They told me the same thing 2 weeks ago...wtf is going on?

And I was told they got 0 allocations this month.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 07:56 PM   #210
iislyrogue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 6MT

It feels like there’s no actual list or people are jumping in line by offering over msrp. I didn’t expect it to be this hard just to get one ordered.
Appreciate 3
Besharaf1064.00
T3F45.50
maelfyn156.50
      05-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #211
Besharaf
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
It feels like there’s no actual list or people are jumping in line by offering over msrp. I didn’t expect it to be this hard just to get one ordered.
That really bums me out. First I was 12th, then I was told "I was moved a few spots" then that I was 10th... now they tell you the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 09:15 PM   #212
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy514 View Post
Just picked up my G80 at BMW of Alexandria. Couldn't have been a smoother experience. Ordered last week of November.
Outstanding. Congrats and enjoy!
      06-19-2022, 09:02 AM   #213
Allerum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3C X-Drive

I am on the list for M3x at Union Park in Del. since Feb I am currently at the top of that list for a 23. Called yesterday and spoke to Ben Silverstone and I think he said he had a 50th Jahre M3, M4 'vert or m4 allocations. Didn't want the 50th. I know I am currently MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 11:27 AM   #214
TheHegeman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 xDrive

Got my M3 at Alexandria, was a great experience and the service/sales were fine. No markup at that location for allocation orders far as I know.

Just know what to expect in this market, everyone is going through the same availability issues. It took me 7 months from walking into the dealership till taking delivery. Feel somewhat lucky even with that timeframe.

Bad customers also typically contribute to bad buying experiences. Yeah, you're not buying a Honda, but you're also not Ferrari shopping. Some BMW customers need to come back down to earth with their expectations. We aren't special snowflakes
      06-24-2022, 07:53 PM   #215
ShakeAndBake1199
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M Comp MBB

Has anyone placed an order with BMW of Catonsville and did you have a good experience ? I live in Maryland and just started researching which dealers will order a M3 at MSRP and don’t have a crazy long waiting list. I’m not opposed to ordering from a VA dealer either. Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated. Excited to order my first M!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 09:37 PM   #216
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeAndBake1199 View Post
Has anyone placed an order with BMW of Catonsville and did you have a good experience ? I live in Maryland and just started researching which dealers will order a M3 at MSRP and don’t have a crazy long waiting list. I’m not opposed to ordering from a VA dealer either. Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated. Excited to order my first M!
I had a deposit with them for several months. They were fair to deal with... Until my order came up. I had wanted Dravit Grey, which is a "semi-individual" color and, theoretically, takes longer to build. (These days, if a mouse farts in the corner of the factory, your car is delayed, but I digress.)

Anyway, the GM decided that since it would take longer, that would slow down their pace of M cars, thereby slowing down future allocations, and therefore reducing their revenues. So, they wanted a $5k premium for the Dravit. I found another dealership (not in the area) without a queue and without BS charges. Got my allocation within a few weeks, and it was built last month. On a boat now.
      06-25-2022, 07:12 AM   #217
ShakeAndBake1199
Rep

NightWriter Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about the issues you had, but sounds like it worked out in the end with the new dealer. Congrats on your car being built and on the way. Can you please share your dealer and who you worked with. Appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 07:45 AM   #218
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeAndBake1199 View Post
NightWriter Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about the issues you had, but sounds like it worked out in the end with the new dealer. Congrats on your car being built and on the way. Can you please share your dealer and who you worked with. Appreciate it.
Sure, it's Crown BMW in Greensboro, NC. I spent a couple of days in February calling dealers throughout the mid-Atlantic, South, and Midwest. I happened to reach them at a point in time when they had no one on their wait list, so I lucked out. I'll be doing the deal remotely (with a notary at my house) and picking up the car at PCD, so I'll never be stepping foot in the showroom.

You might also consider the services of a broker, who charge a few hundred bucks for doing most of this legwork and finding an available allocation (or at least a shorter wait list). Good luck to you.
      06-25-2022, 07:55 AM   #219
ShakeAndBake1199
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Sure, it's Crown BMW in Greensboro, NC. I spent a couple of days in February calling dealers throughout the mid-Atlantic, South, and Midwest. I happened to reach them at a point in time when they had no one on their wait list, so I lucked out. I'll be doing the deal remotely (with a notary at my house) and picking up the car at PCD, so I'll never be stepping foot in the showroom.

You might also consider the services of a broker, who charge a few hundred bucks for doing most of this legwork and finding an available allocation (or at least a shorter wait list). Good luck to you.
Thanks for the info, I’ll reach out to them. I’m not concerned about the wait, just want to deal with straight shooters and no hidden surprises. Enjoy your new beast when it arrives !
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 11:25 AM   #220
beden1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

I ordered a 2023 M4 Competition xDrive Coupe from Passport BMW in June and it is currently at the Bremerhaven port. Has anyone had any experience dealing with Passport and how did it work out? Appreciate any in-put.

Last edited by beden1; 07-18-2022 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0