home
Technical Sections Wheels / Tires

01-30-2022, 07:12 AM   #1
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Wheel Brand(s) For G80

OK let’s talk seriously about this subject. Wheel “looks” are subjective but wheel “quality” is objective. I’m really hoping to get some people that truly know what they’re talking about and have a lot of experience to chime in here. I’ve talked to lots of different wheel shops (4) and they of course are biased to who they are vendor of and I get that. I’d rather get advice from a highly experienced person that has no dog in this hunt and this hunt is me purchasing 4 high-quality wheels for my G80. Having said all this I am not prepared to drop 10K. I said a G80 not a $300,000 McLaren. I would however do between 5K and 7K for the wheels only (not including tires) depending upon how much I love the looks and how high quality they are. Attached are some links that have been recommended to me by different wheel shops. This is the look I’m looking for. A “Y” spoke thats done in gloss black and I would absolutely love if part of it was hollowed out like the AG ones or the MRR ones. I actually had these exact MRR ones on my Mercedes C450 and they are absolutely gorgeous in gloss black. I hope this thread gets lots of action because I don’t want be fooled by a wheel shop and put over priced low quality wheels on my car because I’m ignorant. Thank you guys. I’m excited to see what you guys say.

https://www.mrrwheels.com/collection...cts/nes-ss-1-1

https://agluxurywheels.com/agl68.html

https://forgeline.com/wheel/vx1

https://bcforged-na.com/monoblock/kl01/

https://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/series-p1/p101
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 01:22 PM   #2
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

The wheel design you're looking for is known as a 5 spoke design. I cannot think of a company that doesn't have a 5 spoke wheel design, so you have your pick of the litter here.

Do you have a specific finish in mind? The issue that some of the lesser expensive brands have is that they don't offer the same robust finish catalog that HRE may offer, so there is that. However, if you're looking for a simple brushed/gloss/matte finish, then you're good to go regardless of brand. I think many brands are now offering some sort of "windows" finish where the front is finished differently to the sides. This of course adds to the cost.

In terms of recommendations, given your price point, I'd say the following:

Titan 7 - they create fully forged wheels at a very difficult to beat price point (roughly $3k or so out the door, possibly less). However, I don't think they create custom offsets, so you're stuck with what they decide to make. Current release date for their TS-5 is summertime for the G8X platform according to a recent Instagram post.

Litespeed Racing - they create really light fully forged wheels at a decent price, they can create any offset and can do virtually any finish you'd like. They reply to Instagram DM's very quickly.

Signature Wheels - not sure about their current pricing but I do believe their pricing fits your budget. They can do custom offsets and windowed finishes, and have great customer service. I've dealt with Jimmy at Signature Wheel BMW for a set of wheels on my old F80 and had a great time with their customer service.

BC Forged - same as Signature Wheels pretty much, but more options in terms of wheels. I do believe their pricing is largely similar to Signature Wheels.

Vorsteiner - slightly more expensive but higher quality, IMO, forged wheels that may fit your budget if you go through a vendor that's willing to cut you a deal. I absolutely adore Vorsteiner as their customer service is stellar. I ordered a monoblock set of wheels for my GT3 that had cup fenders, and when they tested the wheels, they didn't feel too comfortable with the space between the wheel/brakes and wanted a perfect fitment on top of what they had created already; so they scrapped that wheel and created the same wheel but as a 2 piece instead - absolutely free of charge on top of adding a bit of custom finishing to the wheel to match the PCCB's for free as well. I cannot speak highly enough of Vorsteiner and my experience with them. I'm always willing to pay a bit more money for a product if it means peace of mind post-purchase, as that's when you really get your money's worth. That's not to say the other brands I've listed won't support you after your purchase, but I've only had to deal with Vorsteiner post-purchase and am very satisfied, hence why I shop for their products constantly
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 6
      01-30-2022, 01:35 PM   #3
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
The wheel design you're looking for is known as a 5 spoke design. I cannot think of a company that doesn't have a 5 spoke wheel design, so you have your pick of the litter here.

Do you have a specific finish in mind? The issue that some of the lesser expensive brands have is that they don't offer the same robust finish catalog that HRE may offer, so there is that. However, if you're looking for a simple brushed/gloss/matte finish, then you're good to go regardless of brand. I think many brands are now offering some sort of "windows" finish where the front is finished differently to the sides. This of course adds to the cost.

In terms of recommendations, given your price point, I'd say the following:

Titan 7 - they create fully forged wheels at a very difficult to beat price point (roughly $3k or so out the door, possibly less). However, I don't think they create custom offsets, so you're stuck with what they decide to make. Current release date for their TS-5 is summertime for the G8X platform according to a recent Instagram post.

Litespeed Racing - they create really light fully forged wheels at a decent price, they can create any offset and can do virtually any finish you'd like. They reply to Instagram DM's very quickly.

Signature Wheels - not sure about their current pricing but I do believe their pricing fits your budget. They can do custom offsets and windowed finishes, and have great customer service. I've dealt with Jimmy at Signature Wheel BMW for a set of wheels on my old F80 and had a great time with their customer service.

BC Forged - same as Signature Wheels pretty much, but more options in terms of wheels. I do believe their pricing is largely similar to Signature Wheels.

Vorsteiner - slightly more expensive but higher quality, IMO, forged wheels that may fit your budget if you go through a vendor that's willing to cut you a deal. I absolutely adore Vorsteiner as their customer service is stellar. I ordered a monoblock set of wheels for my GT3 that had cup fenders, and when they tested the wheels, they didn't feel too comfortable with the space between the wheel/brakes and wanted a perfect fitment on top of what they had created already; so they scrapped that wheel and created the same wheel but as a 2 piece instead - absolutely free of charge on top of adding a bit of custom finishing to the wheel to match the PCCB's for free as well. I cannot speak highly enough of Vorsteiner and my experience with them. I'm always willing to pay a bit more money for a product if it means peace of mind post-purchase, as that's when you really get your money's worth. That's not to say the other brands I've listed won't support you after your purchase, but I've only had to deal with Vorsteiner post-purchase and am very satisfied, hence why I shop for their products constantly
I’m bummed out that I can’t give you three or four likes for that detailed, well thought out as well as helpful post. Thanks

A buddy of mine in California just this morning told me of Signature and gave my name to Jimmy. Jimmy has reached out to me on Instagram so I will be talking to him as well. I’m excited to hear about his brand. I’m just looking for the highest quality at my budget. That probably pretty easy for someone that knows what they are doing. That ain’t me.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2022, 01:39 PM   #4
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Well Vorsteiner is definitely out. Just about everything on their website for wheels i like says “sold out”
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 01:44 PM   #5
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I’m bummed out that I can’t give you three or four likes for that detailed, well thought out as well as helpful post. Thanks

A buddy of mine in California just this morning told me of Signature and gave my name to Jimmy. Jimmy has reached out to me on Instagram so I will be talking to him as well. I’m excited to hear about his brand. I’m just looking for the highest quality at my budget. That probably pretty easy for someone that knows what they are doing. That ain’t me.
Quote:
Well Vorsteiner is definitely out. Just about everything on their website for wheels i like says “sold out”
Jimmy is great! Very responsive fella and he'll take care of you, I'm sure of it.

Vorsteiner doesn't carry stock as their wheels are made to order, just like Signature Wheels. If you're genuinely interested, I can provide you with the contact information of a friend of mine that works for a vendor that gets me great pricing on a lot of my aftermarket parts, wheels included.
Appreciate 2
      01-30-2022, 02:09 PM   #6
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Jimmy is great! Very responsive fella and he'll take care of you, I'm sure of it.

Vorsteiner doesn't carry stock as their wheels are made to order, just like Signature Wheels. If you're genuinely interested, I can provide you with the contact information of a friend of mine that works for a vendor that gets me great pricing on a lot of my aftermarket parts, wheels included.
The VPX made in gloss black would be cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 02:25 PM   #7
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
The VPX made in gloss black would be cool.
PM sent
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      01-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #8
Mowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2022 BMW M4   [10.00]
Went BC Forged. Had quite a few sets. New wheels waiting for my G82.
Attached Images

ROBERT11831581.00
Seandale521.00
      01-30-2022, 06:11 PM   #9
Topcarbon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 m4

I saw these
https://www.edelweiss.one/
Appreciate 2
Patton2502939.50
Limegrntaln13656.50
      01-30-2022, 06:53 PM   #10
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowe View Post
Went BC Forged. Had quite a few sets. New wheels waiting for my G82.
I like it but not the rivets. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 06:55 PM   #11
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcarbon View Post
The LT3’s are sweet!!!! Its in Europe though
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 07:11 PM   #12
Topcarbon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am asking if they have a distributor in the sates or mexico
I love that bronze Lt3
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #13
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
I ordered these for my G80. I went by their shop and talked with them. Cool people, great customer service.
      01-30-2022, 07:38 PM   #14
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am asking if they have a distributor in the sates or mexico
I love that bronze Lt3
They will ship to the US. I think someone in Florida has them on their G80.
      01-30-2022, 07:54 PM   #15
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadHater View Post
Can you translate the website for me and let me know what 4 gloss black would cost?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 08:24 PM   #16
Topcarbon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Can you translate the website for me and let me know what 4 gloss black would cost?
You can change the language in the upper right corner
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      01-30-2022, 11:50 PM   #17
bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Because you are in South Florida, the roads aren't much of an issue, meaning you can also go for flow-forged which are not quite as light or strong as forged, but will almost certainly be more than sufficient for road use, and typically much less expensive.

Brands like HRE, Vorsteiner, and many others have both a full forged line and a flow forged line. This may be a way for you to get a custom finish you want, in a style you like, within your budget.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:07 AM   #18
Erebor
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition (G82)

You wont go wrong with BC forged or the other brands. HRE would be my go to, but as you mentioned, they are pretty expensive and probably above both our budget.

I also went with a 5-spoke wheel design. Mine are fully forged from a swiss supplier, but they are made somewhere in the west, where all these forged wheels come from.

They are for my xDrive in 10.5j x20" ET15 square setup.
Attached Images

Incoming: 2023 F40 M135i xDrive in indiv. Tansanite Blue
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      01-31-2022, 05:47 AM   #19
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They are anywhere from $3k-$4.5k depending on the finish. Polished is the most expensive and about $1600 extra.
Powdercoat is an extra $500-$600 for the set.
All the prices are on the website.
      01-31-2022, 05:55 AM   #20
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just a guess, but judging from my invoice you'd be looking at $4200-$4500 total for gloss black shipped to the US.
      01-31-2022, 06:06 AM   #21
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebor View Post
You wont go wrong with BC forged or the other brands. HRE would be my go to, but as you mentioned, they are pretty expensive and probably above both our budget.

I also went with a 5-spoke wheel design. Mine are fully forged from a swiss supplier, but they are made somewhere in the west, where all these forged wheels come from.

They are for my xDrive in 10.5j x20" ET15 square setup.
Wow that means you can actually rotate these tires then. How does the car drive with 4 identical wheels set ups? Do you have pictures of your car with that set up? I’m interested to see how the offsets look on the car since all four wheels are identical.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 06:09 AM   #22
Erebor
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition (G82)

Quote:
Wow that means you can actually rotate these tires then. How does the car drive with 4 identical wheels set ups? Do you have pictures of your car with that set up? I’m interested to see how the offsets look on the car since all four wheels are identical.
I unfortunately cannot. I dont have my car yet. Will arrive sometime between march and june i presume.
I might add, that i will go with 12mm spacers in the back for the perfect look. But other than that, I will be able to switch the wheels front to back.
Appreciate 0