BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Most Current Time from Port Hueneme to Socal Dealer

I am beyond excited that my Mexico Blue Beast (G80 xdrive) is finally on its way!

How close to these time estimates (from the old guide to ordering and tracking your BMW post) are people experiencing currently?

My car has no stop sales. Confirmed.

-Offload at port: 1 day
-Processing through customs: 1-2 days
-Process through BMW Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) and
onto a carrier: 2-5 days.
-Shipping time on carrier to Dealership: 1-4 days.

At worst, this adds up to 12 days. Pretty accurate?
I do have one accessory to be installed: the MP front lip/splitter
I know this will add some time.

The current ETA to Port Hueneme is 1/26/22.

I already made an appointment for full PPF, full ceramic coating (including full wheels, my red calipers, and carbon fiber seat backs), and window tint all around (including the windshield).

**Trying to decide if I want to PPF my carbon fiber seat backs or just ceramic coat? may be overkill to ppf them lol.

Anyway- appointment has been made for Wednesday, 2/9. Two weeks later. Is this realistic or should I push it back? The shop I'm using books up well in advance so if I gamble wrong, I may be SOL and have to wait for a month to get an appointment.

I won't even be driving this car until it has its full body condom on (picking up from dealership with a flat bed tow truck) so waiting even longer with it in my garage will kill me!

Thoughts??

As always, thanks everyone for weighing in. I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and has an excellent new year ahead!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #2
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
**Trying to decide if I want to PPF my carbon fiber seat backs or just ceramic coat? may be overkill to ppf them lol.
Ceramic coat is not going to do anything for what the seat back is expected to experience. You want to prevent damage from mechanical scrapes on the seat back (show scrapes, coat scrapes, etc), not protect it from bird poop, so it's either PPF or nothing at all. Ceramic coat will only give you a false sense of protection at a substantial price.
      12-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #3
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:
Ceramic coat is not going to do anything for what the seat back is expected to experience. You want to prevent damage from mechanical scrapes on the seat back (show scrapes, coat scrapes, etc), not protect it from bird poop, so it's either PPF or nothing at all. Ceramic coat will only give you a false sense of protection at a substantial price.
Yeah I agree with what you're saying-Just wanted to enhance the gloss and add an additional layer of "clear coat" to minimize any potential swirl marks— and it'd be at no additional cost. They'd just use the leftover coating for the small surface area.

I don't anticipate many rear seat passengers at all. It's just my wife and I.

But yeah- may be worthwhile to protect it with ppf juuuust in case I get an irresponsible friend or family member back there. Thanks for weighing in.
Appreciate 1
kjx3162.50
      12-30-2021, 03:13 PM   #4
SintAFM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

My car arrived to Port Hueneme on 19 Nov and was at the SoCal dealer on 23 Nov ready for pickup on the 24th after PDI. There was a weekend in there too so really only a couple of business days. If you have no stop sales and no damage in transit it will probably be quick
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4848.00
      12-30-2021, 03:54 PM   #5
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SintAFM View Post
My car arrived to Port Hueneme on 19 Nov and was at the SoCal dealer on 23 Nov ready for pickup on the 24th after PDI. There was a weekend in there too so really only a couple of business days. If you have no stop sales and no damage in transit it will probably be quick
Wow that's really quick! Any port installed options?

I guess 2 weeks from the 1/26 ship arrival date should be plenty of time. Thank you for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #6
SintAFM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Quote:
Quote:

I guess 2 weeks from the 1/26 ship arrival date should be plenty of time. Thank you for sharing.
No port installed options. Can't really say how much time that adds. Maybe someone else can chime in there
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      12-30-2021, 05:17 PM   #7
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No port installed options. Can't really say how much time that adds. Maybe someone else can chime in there

Thanks dude. I know in the past it added 2-3 days but who knows now-
Hopefully someone with something installed recently knows-
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 04:24 PM   #8
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
I am beyond excited that my Mexico Blue Beast (G80 xdrive) is finally on its way!

How close to these time estimates (from the old guide to ordering and tracking your BMW post) are people experiencing currently?

I already made an appointment for full PPF, full ceramic coating (including full wheels, my red calipers, and carbon fiber seat backs), and window tint all around (including the windshield).

Anyway- appointment has been made for Wednesday, 2/9. Two weeks later. Is this realistic or should I push it back? The shop I'm using books up well in advance so if I gamble wrong, I may be SOL and have to wait for a month to get an appointment.

I won't even be driving this car until it has its full body condom on (picking up from dealership with a flat bed tow truck) so waiting even longer with it in my garage will kill me!

Thoughts??

As always, thanks everyone for weighing in. I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and has an excellent new year ahead!
Which towing company are you using to transport your M3 from the dealer to the PPF shop? I'm also in SoCal and I'm considering the same (dealer is in Thousand Oaks & PPF shop is in Van Nuys) but not sure where to start/how pick one.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 05:06 PM   #9
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_M3 View Post
Quote:

Thoughts??

Which towing company are you using to transport your M3 from the dealer to the PPF shop? I'm also in SoCal and I'm considering the same (dealer is in Thousand Oaks & PPF shop is in Van Nuys) but not sure where to start/how pick one.
On the search for a good one now actually.
I'm picking up from Beverly Hills BMW and the shop is in Huntington Beach.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 10:20 AM   #10
pace1997
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

Is everyone else still stuck at the VPC? Last spoke with Genius on Saturday, we reached the port 1/03, cleared customs, made it to the VPC the same day, with an original ETA out of the VPC on 1/07; however, still stuck at the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 12:50 PM   #11
wowwitsgau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000 x2, 2022 M3 Comp

Garage List
Mine arrived 12/26, work order created for the RAM/amp stop sales 1/6. No movement since then
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 01:11 PM   #12
GMV Auto
Banned
Rep
Drives: G80 CompXdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pace1997 View Post
Is everyone else still stuck at the VPC? Last spoke with Genius on Saturday, we reached the port 1/03, cleared customs, made it to the VPC the same day, with an original ETA out of the VPC on 1/07; however, still stuck at the VPC.

same here, got to the port 1/03. Genius said ETA to clear ram 1/8 and today 1/10 should be at the dealership in bay area, ram still open per https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 04:19 PM   #13
jcal65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowwitsgau View Post
Mine arrived 12/26, work order created for the RAM/amp stop sales 1/6. No movement since then
My M550i also arrived at Port Hueneme on 12/26. My dealer told me they have been getting priority 1 sold cars in about 2 - 3 weeks after arrival at the port. We are at that mark, but still appear to be sitting for the stop sale. Should hopefully be very soon.
      01-10-2022, 09:50 PM   #14
corbinwilliams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC, 650i GC, i7 xDrive60

Garage List
Quote:
Did your ride arrive yet? I use Roger Carroll at Rusnak, great dealership! I’m looking to drive my future G80X from Rusnak directly to American Wrap Co also in Thousand Oaks to have the entire car wrapped with xpel ppf.
Appreciate 1
adr_M3368.50
      01-10-2022, 10:13 PM   #15
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbinwilliams View Post
Quote:
Did your ride arrive yet? I use Roger Carroll at Rusnak, great dealership! I'm looking to drive my future G80X from Rusnak directly to American Wrap Co also in Thousand Oaks to have the entire car wrapped with xpel ppf.
Unfortunately I am part of the QC purgatory group so my car is still stuck at the factory. I'm looking forward closing the deal with Rusnak as they have been an absolute dream to deal with (MSRP, no deposit nor credit check required, no financing rate markup). When is your car due to arrive/what does your build look like?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 10:59 PM   #16
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

So my car arrived on 1/3 and was supposed to be delivered to the dealer today ( 1 week to norcal). My CA called today and apparently there's a shortage of drivers/carriers because everyone has covid. Stay safe out there!

New eta is a another 7 days from now.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 04:08 AM   #17
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barad55 View Post
Quote:

same here, got to the port 1/03. Genius said ETA to clear ram 1/8 and today 1/10 should be at the dealership in bay area, ram still open per https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/.
What's your defect code description? I got "Checking the installation of amplifier, retrofitting if necessary (note: not confirmed message)". Is it the same "RAM" issue aka chip shortage? I landed 1/5, I have one port installed option as well. Priority 1 customer sold build.
Attached Images

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 11:50 AM   #18
GMV Auto
Banned
Rep
Drives: G80 CompXdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
What's your defect code description? I got "Checking the installation of amplifier, retrofitting if necessary (note: not confirmed message)". Is it the same "RAM" issue aka chip shortage? I landed 1/5, I have one port installed option as well. Priority 1 customer sold build.
here:
[IMG]
Appreciate 1
jmg18493.00
      01-11-2022, 11:27 PM   #19
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep
Drives: F80M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post
So my car arrived on 1/3 and was supposed to be delivered to the dealer today ( 1 week to norcal). My CA called today and apparently there's a shortage of drivers/carriers because everyone has covid. Stay safe out there!

My car arrived at PH on the third as well. Did you have stop sales and have they been resolved?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 01:29 AM   #20
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrrrrrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post

My car arrived at PH on the third as well. Did you have stop sales and have they been resolved?
I was one of the few lucky ones, no stop sales for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 03:10 AM   #21
Cali23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 428

Quote:
We have the exact same situation. Has yours got cleared yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #22
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep
Drives: F80M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali23 View Post
We have the exact same situation. Has yours got cleared yet?
I'm in the same situation as well.
Appreciate 0