BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-04-2021, 04:27 PM   #23
Oeon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeon View Post
The RAM is by far the worse. Both are terrible but the RAM is awful. I've had it and have been at the VPC in Oxnard for 6 weeks now. I've only seen one person on these forums have their RAM resolved and that was aford who had to wait 10.5 weeks.
anyone thats had a stop sale resolved has had it for RAM, at the very least....because every car has a radio while not every car has a camera. so i dont think the outlook is quite as dire as youre projecting. folks are most DEFINITELY getting the RAM chips. regardless, i know its frustrating and im trying to steel myself as i have the same fate, upcoming, when the car arrives in Charleston this weekend.
Im just going based on the large RAM and camera stop sale posts that have been on this site. Those posts have been here for a few months and I've seen the RAM fixed once aford is the one RAM I've seen fixed whereas the camera stop sales have been getting resolved quite fast. Again this is based on the threads.

My theory here is like you said every car needs the RAM whereas only a select few need the camera and bmw prioritizes the production line so it seems like they've had an easier time getting excess camera parts whereas the RAM parts have not been as accessible.

2022 AWD G80 M3 Comp | Week 29 Build | BSM w/ Fiona Red
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #24
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The RAM is by far the worse. Both are terrible but the RAM is awful. I've had it and have been at the VPC in Oxnard for 6 weeks now. I've only seen one person on these forums have their RAM resolved and that was aford who had to wait 10.5 weeks.
anyone thats had a stop sale resolved has had it for RAM, at the very least....because every car has a radio while not every car has a camera. so i dont think the outlook is quite as dire as youre projecting. folks are most DEFINITELY getting the RAM chips. regardless, i know its frustrating and im trying to steel myself as i have the same fate, upcoming, when the car arrives in Charleston this weekend.
Im just going based on the large RAM and camera stop sale posts that have been on this site. Those posts have been here for a few months and I've seen the RAM fixed once aford is the one RAM I've seen fixed whereas the camera stop sales have been getting resolved quite fast. Again this is based on the threads.

My theory here is like you said every car needs the RAM whereas only a select few need the camera and bmw prioritizes the production line so it seems like they've had an easier time getting excess camera parts whereas the RAM parts have not been as accessible.
I'm hoping that people forget to post once it's resolved and mostly post to complain or ask for info.

Probably not true, but I can hope!
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #25
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:

i gotcha. just going thru that thread Stop Sale RAM thread, there are some folks that were resolved. some quickly, even. but it does seem like a month+ wait is the norm.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #26
Oeon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

Quote:
Quote:

i gotcha. just going thru that thread Stop Sale RAM thread, there are some folks that were resolved. some quickly, even. but it does seem like a month+ wait is the norm.
yeah man. I think some of the new build weeks have been spending longer at the German port and getting the part and shipping with it. That way when they come here they just have to get it fixed. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I'm on week 6 going on 7. I just want my damn car lol.

2022 AWD G80 M3 Comp | Week 29 Build | BSM w/ Fiona Red
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:42 PM   #27
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah man. I think some of the new build weeks have been spending longer at the German port and getting the part and shipping with it. That way when they come here they just have to get it fixed. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I'm on week 6 going on 7. I just want my damn car lol.
Yeah, that sucks. The lack of information makes it worse. If they said, it will take 8 weeks, and the stuck to it, that's a lot better than absolutely no visibility into what is going on.

Hopefully they are air shipping these parts. I would assume so. Cheap and light and holding up expensive cars.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 03:36 PM   #28
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Polaris Highway is making progress! Now due in Galveston late 10/7 or early 10/8. Hopefully all cars will be offloaded on Friday. Give 1-3 days for processing, and we might know something next week.

Please share any news you may have regarding stop sales in Galveston here.

Good luck!
Just checked the date, it is 10/8 now. Below is the ETA from marinetraffic.com site.

2021-10-08 04:00 LT (UTC -5)

I hope they have the audio module ready to go as soon as our cars undock.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2021, 03:26 AM   #29
MannyS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Spouse’s M4CX convertible

CA indicates that ship is on track for 09:00 arrival on Friday
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-06-2021, 01:18 PM   #30
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyS View Post
CA indicates that ship is on track for 09:00 arrival on Friday
Does your CA know if parts are at the port for our cars?
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 02:34 PM   #31
MannyS
Lieutenant
Rep

The CA indicates that the RAM stop remains in place and he has no data on the potential availability of the required part.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 06:57 AM   #32
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Our ship has docked! It has made its way to Galveston. Let the stop sale madness begin. Hopefully it's resolved soon.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2021, 08:06 AM   #33
MannyS
Lieutenant
Rep

Ramp down and unloading at the dock

https://www.visitgalveston.com/webca...veston-webcam/
Attached Images

Last edited by MannyS; 10-08-2021 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
iviegatron2527.00
      10-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #34
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Car now shows at the port, so offloaded and scanned at least.

Hopefully not long to wait for parts.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 08:54 AM   #35
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Ramp down and unloading at the dock

https://www.visitgalveston.com/webca...veston-webcam/
Wish I knew about this link sooner. Lol would have watched them unload the cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 09:00 AM   #36
MannyS
Lieutenant
Rep

The webcam pans to the left occasionally, but it does eventually go back to dock 10.

Next item to watch on the webcam over the coming week is the volume of vehicles parked outside the VPC building. Will the lot volume remain the same or will we see movement (stop sales removed and cars shipped)?
Attached Images

Last edited by MannyS; 10-08-2021 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:29 AM   #37
Genat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 XDrive Comp

Just called Genius, and they told me that my car should be at dealer by the 14th of this month. Came to Galveston on 8th. M3 comp xDrive with RAM recall and camera. Seems like all fixed already.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #38
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genat View Post
Just called Genius, and they told me that my car should be at dealer by the 14th of this month. Came to Galveston on 8th. M3 comp xDrive with RAM recall and camera. Seems like all fixed already.
Wow! Really?

If you enter your vin here does it show any open issues?

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 10:36 AM   #39
Genat
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wow! Really?

Yes, but it shows if there is a recall on a particular vehicle all together to my understanding. Doesnt necessary mean it wasn't fixed. I asked Genius, and they told me they don't see any stop sale on a car.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 10:41 AM   #40
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow! Really?

Yes, but it shows if there is a recall on a particular vehicle all together to my understanding. Doesnt necessary mean it wasn't fixed. I asked Genius, and they told me they don't see any stop sale on a car.
Another person said the recall site showed no open issues once they were fixed. Not saying your car isn't fixed now, just curious why it still shows it open.

Maybe it's just delayed. Please keep us posted if anything changes.

Thanks.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Genat1.50
      10-11-2021, 11:00 AM   #41
Genat
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow! Really?

Another person said the recall site showed no open issues once they were fixed. Not saying your car isn't fixed now, just curious why it still shows it open.

Thanks.
Sorry guys for wrong hopes. Talked to my dealer they told me the stop sale is still on. Either they are behind and I'm good, or Genius employees don't know what they are doing.
Anybody else tried to contact genius?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:01 AM   #42
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow! Really?

Thanks.
Sorry guys for long hopes. Talked to my dealer they told me the stop sale is still on. Either they are behind and I'm good, or Genius employees don't know what they are doing.
Anybody else tried to contact genius?
Yeah, I was afraid of that. Genius doesn't always provide accurate information.

The UK recall site seems pretty real-time.

Thanks for the update.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #43
MannyS
Lieutenant
Rep

Good news! CA indicates that my spouse’s G83 is tentatively scheduled to be shipped via Hansen & Adkins auto transport from the Galveston VPC to Austin on 15 October.

Last edited by MannyS; 10-11-2021 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:06 AM   #44
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good news! CA indicates that my spouse’s G83 is tentatively scheduled to be shipped from the VPC to Austin on 15 October.
Are the stop sales still active on it?
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0