BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

09-04-2021, 04:18 PM   #23
ckennedyYOW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Not sure 18s will fit over the calipers. My m340i required 19s. Which, i hope will be transferable to my G80.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 05:27 PM   #24
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Any one in NYC have any advice for me. I don't do a lot of miles at all. The car is purely used for weekend drives, occasional day trips with the family. If I avoid the heavy snow days, can I get by in winter on the regular tires or should I have a winter set for when it's just really cold out anyways?

I've heard that some garages/bmw dealerships will store your summer tires which would make it a great option. I don't have the space to store wheels in my apartment
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 07:01 AM   #25
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Any one in NYC have any advice for me. I don't do a lot of miles at all. The car is purely used for weekend drives, occasional day trips with the family. If I avoid the heavy snow days, can I get by in winter on the regular tires or should I have a winter set for when it's just really cold out anyways?

I've heard that some garages/bmw dealerships will store your summer tires which would make it a great option. I don't have the space to store wheels in my apartment
I would get a meaty dedicated winter set and rent a storage locker in LIC. MPSS need to be driven very carefully in the cold. Add rain or snow and it's game over.

also, Our roads are abysmal so unless you have the 824Ms you will need to have pothole radar.
Appreciate 2
barryc3651947.00
Ilma180.50
      09-05-2021, 07:33 AM   #26
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Quote:

I would get a meaty dedicated winter set and rent a storage locker in LIC. MPSS need to be driven very carefully in the cold. Add rain or snow and it's game over.

also, Our roads are abysmal so unless you have the 824Ms you will need to have pothole radar.
....or get an apartment with outdoor space. My wife is thrilled with this set-up...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 09:14 AM   #27
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

....or get an apartment with outdoor space. My wife is thrilled with this set-up...
Haha, I bet!

I do actually have an outdoor area but figured I wouldn't want the wheels and tires exposed to the elements all winter either. The car is garaged all of the time

Storage locker in LIC is a good idea. I have a bunch of seasonal stuff like golf clubs and baby stuff that needs storing anyway so that's a good excuse
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 10:03 AM   #28
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I bet!

I do actually have an outdoor area but figured I wouldn't want the wheels and tires exposed to the elements all winter either. The car is garaged all of the time

Storage locker in LIC is a good idea. I have a bunch of seasonal stuff like golf clubs and baby stuff that needs storing anyway so that's a good excuse
I cover these with a tarp but a climate controlled storage locker is ideal. In LIC consider Citiwide Storage. Tell them Derek from TFC said to make sure you get the best possible deal.

When I grow up I want to have a house with a real garage.
Appreciate 1
barryc3651947.00
      09-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #29
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Initial quote from my dealership on a winter set for my incoming G80 xDrive is $5000+, available October.

Looks like the "official package" is 19" (wider in the back) 829Ms wearing Pilot Alpin 5*.

Name:  image001.png
Views: 1897
Size:  54.1 KB

Last edited by evilalien; 09-10-2021 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: I don't know what I'm doing
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 10:19 PM   #30
blackheartm3
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Initial quote from my dealership on a winter set for my incoming G80 xDrive is $5000+, available October.

Looks like the "official package" is 19" (wider in the back) 829Ms wearing Pilot Alpin 5*.

Attachment 2693272
I got quoted the same. Seems pretty steep. What are your thoughts on the price?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 06:22 AM   #31
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Hopefully more aftermarket options will start to become available.

Toto Tire in Vaughan quoted the following

GTS wheel

https://b2b2.gtswheels.com/g510-e3-1...lack-cone.html

Bridgestone BLIZZAK LM-32 - SIZE: 275/35R19

4 TPMS

$3018 plus tax
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 11:16 AM   #32
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzillion View Post
I got quoted the same. Seems pretty steep. What are your thoughts on the price?
I've bought enough aftermarket wheels in my life to know that: costs vary widely; good wheels are expensive; correct fitment - when rare - means you pay more.

These are BMW winter wheels. Each wheel + tire can sell for ~$800-1000 USD. They are cast not forged wheels, so at least each wheel isn't $2000+.

Is it cheap? No. But compared to the Tirerack package (fugly MSWs) it is only ~$500 CAD more pre-tax, and you have the set that BMW put together, fits correctly, and - I assume - tested for driving experience on the car.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2021, 05:27 PM   #33
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

I agree that buying from BMW gives you a package that is designed for the specs of the car ensuring the safest options.

I think I'm going with that option.

I'm curious as to why they would have a wider rim on the back but tire sizes are the same both front and back. Maybe it has something to do with traction and the AWD system??
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 07:32 PM   #34
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris888 View Post
I agree with that buying from BMW gives you a package that is designed for the specs of the car ensuring the safest options.

I think I'm going with that option.

I'm curious as to why they would have a wider rim on the back but tire sizes are the same both front and back. Maybe it has something to do with traction and the AWD system??
I have my name down for the set I asked in email why the wider wheel (with the same tread width) but didn't get a reply. I'll probably just ask in person some time. I don't care enough to push the issue, as I can guess at why: maintaining the look and suspension geometry due to offset for the 9.5" width.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 06:13 AM   #35
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

ended up going with this aftermarket setup.. not many rim choices out there that's economical

Superspeed Flow Form RF05RR 9.5x19 et25 pcd 5x112 cb 66.6
Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 275/35/19

https://www.super-speed.ca/flowform-rf05rr

$2900 + tax installed.... TPMS was $250 on top of it.... will put these on later in Nov when it's actually cold and Superspeed was kind enough to let me do a test fit since this is the first G8X car to be fitted to their wheels but they are confident about fitment based on specs

there were some cheaper rims but with these heavy gravity cast junk that any upfront savings you will give back at the pump easily. PA5s were also up there in price amongst tire choices, Blizzak LM-32 would've been ~$400 cheaper for example.
Attached Images

evilalien447.50
amzbimmer299.50
      09-16-2021, 07:05 AM   #36
superbrew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
ended up going with this aftermarket setup.. not many rim choices out there that's economical

$2900 + tax installed.... TPMS was $250 on top of it.... will put these on later in Nov when it's actually cold and Superspeed was kind enough to let me do a test fit since this is the first G8X car to be fitted to their wheels but they are confident about fitment based on specs

there were some cheaper rims but with these heavy gravity cast junk that any upfront savings you will give back at the pump easily. PA5s were also up there in price amongst tire choices, Blizzak LM-32 would've been ~$400 cheaper for example.
Where did you order these from with tires?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 07:07 AM   #37
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I bet!

I cover these with a tarp but a climate controlled storage locker is ideal. In LIC consider Citiwide Storage. Tell them Derek from TFC said to make sure you get the best possible deal.

When I grow up I want to have a house with a real garage.
Haha, thanks man. I hear you.

Currently looking at houses in Connecticut and I had to privately tell the real estate agent that a high quality garage is a must have, just don't make a big deal about it with the wife.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 07:24 AM   #38
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbrew View Post
Where did you order these from with tires?
was a local wholesaler connection of mine but a bunch of tire shops were quoting me this exact same setup... im sure you can get your hands on these states-side as well
      09-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #39
blackheartm3
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
I've bought enough aftermarket wheels in my life to know that: costs vary widely; good wheels are expensive; correct fitment - when rare - means you pay more.

These are BMW winter wheels. Each wheel + tire can sell for ~$800-1000 USD. They are cast not forged wheels, so at least each wheel isn't $2000+.

Is it cheap? No. But compared to the Tirerack package (fugly MSWs) it is only ~$500 CAD more pre-tax, and you have the set that BMW put together, fits correctly, and - I assume - tested for driving experience on the car.
Thanks! Great points. I agree. Just ordered my set!
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      09-16-2021, 11:32 AM   #40
zambarossa
Vault Dweller
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT (Dravit/KO/ZPP)

Quote:

250 total for TPMS?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 04:11 PM   #41
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambarossa View Post
250 total for TPMS?
250+ tax .... most shops were quoting me in the 250-300 area for TPMS.. its a luxury of not getting an error everyday during winter i guess
      09-16-2021, 07:15 PM   #42
zambarossa
Vault Dweller
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT (Dravit/KO/ZPP)

Quote:
250+ tax .... most shops were quoting me in the 250-300 area for TPMS.. its a luxury of not getting an error everyday during winter i guess
Which establishment did you buy them from in the GTA? Wonder if they ship to Ottawa in case I cannot find anything local here. Or maybe I'll make a roadtrip to break in the new car if it arrives before the snow
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 06:08 AM   #43
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambarossa View Post
Which establishment did you buy them from in the GTA? Wonder if they ship to Ottawa in case I cannot find anything local here. Or maybe I'll make a roadtrip to break in the new car if it arrives before the snow
this is the wholesaler guy i got the setup from give him maybe he can help you too: https://www.instagram.com/ottomoto__inc/

out of the more popular tire shops in the area, these guys gave me the best quote maybe give them a look too : https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2021...-sale-2487791/
      09-17-2021, 04:29 PM   #44
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:

Thanks for that link. I am trying to replicate this setup in the USA, the two dealers the manufacturer recommended were CarID and Automotivestuff, but they have mixed reviews so I'm a bit hesitant to order.

Were you able to try to wheels on the car to verify fitment? I want to be sure before ordering these.
Appreciate 0