G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

11-08-2021, 01:15 PM   #331
VancityG82
Private
Rep
Drives: 22’ BG M4 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
You SA will know which ship your car is on. And then use https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...y:53.9/zoom:10 to locate your ship.

Canadian-bound cars are getting recalls fixed at Bremerhaven so there will be a wait at the port. Mine got stuck at the port since September 18 and got the RAM install closed on Oct 28. Still trying to get confirmation whether my car got onboard the ship departed on Saturday
Its weird because my car is already on ship (status 195) headed to Halifax but both BMW UK and that recall took check states both Stop sales are still “open”. As you said it was my impression that stop sales has to be fixed before onboarding the ship as Canadian VPC cannot do stop sale retrofit. I guess we will see
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #332
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityG82 View Post
Quote:
You SA will know which ship your car is on. And then use https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...y:53.9/zoom:10 to locate your ship.

Canadian-bound cars are getting recalls fixed at Bremerhaven so there will be a wait at the port. Mine got stuck at the port since September 18 and got the RAM install closed on Oct 28. Still trying to get confirmation whether my car got onboard the ship departed on Saturday
Its weird because my car is already on ship (status 195) headed to Halifax but both BMW UK and that recall took check states both Stop sales are still “open”. As you said it was my impression that stop sales has to be fixed before onboarding the ship as Canadian VPC cannot do stop sale retrofit. I guess we will see
Interesting. It is what my SA told me when my car was at Bremerhaven for over a month. Maybe they are alternating where the RAM to be installed based on parts availability?

Just hope to receive my car soon. I'm so sick of Ubering everyday
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #333
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. It is what my SA told me when my car was at Bremerhaven for over a month. Maybe they are alternating where the RAM to be installed based on parts availability?

Just hope to receive my car soon. I'm so sick of Ubering everyday
My car was stuck in QC stage (status 155) for 6 weeks before dispatching from factory and was in the port for only few days so really hope that 6 weeks in factory was them fixing the stop sales and for some reason they are not changed to closed despite actually getting fixed.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #334
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:
some cars at Port Campaign will show later status. My client Z4M40 needs RAM module and shows 198 which means here at the store...
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      11-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #335
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post
some cars at Port Campaign will show later status. My client Z4M40 needs RAM module and shows 198 which means here at the store...
Does that mean that Z4M40 will have RAM retrofit done at the dealer and would not be delivered to customer aka stop sale till that is done? What do you think is the chance that my 2 stop sales are fixed when it says it they are still open.
      11-10-2021, 10:42 AM   #336
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

Just spoke to genius. I got pushed back to week 2 of 2022.

Anyone else got pushed back?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #337
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlby18 View Post
Just spoke to genius. I got pushed back to week 2 of 2022.

Anyone else got pushed back?
As of yesterday I'm 193 and still have both recalls open. It looks like my car is just waiting for the modules to be installed before being shipped out. Old ETA was Dec. 2 but I'm not sure that's likely unless it's on a ship in the next week or so.....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 01:10 AM   #338
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
As of yesterday I'm 193 and still have both recalls open. It looks like my car is just waiting for the modules to be installed before being shipped out. Old ETA was Dec. 2 but I'm not sure that's likely unless it's on a ship in the next week or so.....
I also have both recalls open and is already on the ship. I am so confused as I thought they dont do recall retrofit/fix at the Halifax port
      11-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #339
Hood
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

Quote:
I also have both recalls open and is already on the ship. I am so confused as I thought they dont do recall retrofit/fix at the Halifax port
My car was stuck in Germany until my recalls were closed, then it was shipped to Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 05:32 AM   #340
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
My car was stuck in Germany until my recalls were closed, then it was shipped to Halifax.
My car was also stuck in Germany but in factory instead of port for 5.5 weeks before it was dispatched. Was assuming the recalls were fixed at the factory during the QC stage which lasted 5.5 weeks. Car is arriving in Halifax in few days but both recalls still open which makes me completely confused as what is going on
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:04 PM   #341
Andymasterx
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 G80 M3C xDrive

Did you all get your status update from your dealership? Was wondering if there is another way to check Canadian order status eg. online/telephone. Prefer not to bother my guy every week if I don't have to. Other postings mentioned BMWUSA website and a 800 number, but sadly these don't work for us. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #342
Hood
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymasterx View Post
Did you all get your status update from your dealership? Was wondering if there is another way to check Canadian order status eg. online/telephone. Prefer not to bother my guy every week if I don't have to. Other postings mentioned BMWUSA website and a 800 number, but sadly these don't work for us. Thanks.
Sadly the only reliable way for us to track our cars is to ask your sales guy from the dealership. Even calling BMW Canada gives less information than dealership. The people in the US have it much better than us when it comes to tracking our vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 10:15 AM   #343
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

A little update on my end today. My M3 xDrive is finally on the move again (after made its way to Bremerhaven on September 18). It is on "Morning Peace" and arriving Halifax this Thursday morning.

I was told it will take 3 weeks from Halifax to GTA? Is it normal or my dealership is setting the expectation low? :
Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      11-15-2021, 10:29 AM   #344
Hood
Rep

Quote:
A little update on my end today. My M3 xDrive is finally on the move again (after made its way to Bremerhaven on September 18). It is on "Morning Peace" and arriving Halifax this Thursday morning.

I was told it will take 3 weeks from Halifax to GTA? Is it normal or my dealership is setting the expectation low? :
2-3 weeks from Halifax to GTA is normal, once it gets on the train about 3-4 days to reach Toronto and within the day when it gets moving on the truck. Most of the time is spent waiting to be loaded up onto train/truck.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #345
VancityG82
Private
Rep

Quote:
2-3 weeks from Halifax to GTA is normal, once it gets on the train about 3-4 days to reach Toronto and within the day when it gets moving on the truck. Most of the time is spent waiting to be loaded up onto train/truck.
What would be the eta from Halifax to Vancouver? Also do you happen to know how accurate the BMW system ETA arrival time is? It said Dec 2nd arrival to Vancouver dealership when it was shipped from Germany on early Nov
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #346
Hood
Rep

Quote:
What would be the eta from Halifax to Vancouver? Also do you happen to know how accurate the BMW system ETA arrival time is? It said Dec 2nd arrival to Vancouver dealership when it was shipped from Germany on early Nov
I would maybe add on another week to Vancouver, the BMW ETA has been pretty close to accurate for me at least, it arrived 1 day before the ETA given.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 04:17 PM   #347
kurosagi1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:

For mine, it is scheduled now to arrive to Halifax tomorrow and to dealership in GTA on Dec 2! So 3 weeks is about right!!
Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      11-15-2021, 05:05 PM   #348
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosagi1 View Post
Quote:

For mine, it is scheduled now to arrive to Halifax tomorrow and to dealership in GTA on Dec 2! So 3 weeks is about right!!
I think we are on the same ship. The "Morning Peace" was scheduled to arrive tomorrow but delayed to arrive 5:30am on Thursday. Not too much of a change though. Be sure to post pictures when you get your car!
Appreciate 1
kurosagi1123.00
      11-16-2021, 09:37 AM   #349
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosagi1 View Post
Quote:

I think we are on the same ship. The "Morning Peace" was scheduled to arrive tomorrow but delayed to arrive 5:30am on Thursday. Not too much of a change though. Be sure to post pictures when you get your car!
I'm happy for you guys but it is still a little confusing as to the order that cars are retrofitted for the RAM. In my case, the car was built on Oct 7 which puts me either as a week 40 or 41; similar I believe to kurosagi1. I feel like my car is hidden around some corner at Bremerhaven and they simply forgot about it or it is a longer walk to reach it for the people doing the retrofit lol. Still, it is great to see movement on Canadian cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #350
DAlby18
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sadly the only reliable way for us to track our cars is to ask your sales guy from the dealership. Even calling BMW Canada gives less information than dealership. The people in the US have it much better than us when it comes to tracking our vehicles.

I actually get my updates from 1-800-567-2691. If you give them your allocation number they can give you info on it. That's how I found out my car was delayed till week 2.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:50 AM   #351
Hood
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
I'm happy for you guys but it is still a little confusing as to the order that cars are retrofitted for the RAM. In my case, the car was built on Oct 7 which puts me either as a week 40 or 41; similar I believe to kurosagi1. I feel like my car is hidden around some corner at Bremerhaven and they simply forgot about it or it is a longer walk to reach it for the people doing the retrofit lol. Still, it is great to see movement on Canadian cars.
They will eventually get to it, my car sat at Bremerhaven for 12 weeks waiting for parts, I’m just happy I finally got it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 12:25 PM   #352
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:
I think (I could be wrong) cars to the West Coast go to a West coast port of entry?
Appreciate 0