Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
I'm (12) days behind you, Geektechlive. Olympian Highway arrives Charleston on Halloween Day. I just have the RAM stop sale before it moves on to the Performance Center. I'm also assuming early December at this point.
Been about a week at VPC. No work orders started on my car yet. Hoping something changes next week.
Car confirmed was loaded on train and made it to VPC. Now it's just a waiting game.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 1
luckylingy3232.00
      10-31-2021, 03:00 PM   #46
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
Everyone wants xdrive I see
It's nyc so for a dd the xdrive is a no brainer
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 07:53 PM   #47
335xs2dinan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi, 22 G80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xs2dinan View Post
So how hosed am I if I got on a waitlist for an allocation late July? Any chance I'm seeing this car before spring 2022?
I don’t think they had any allocations given out in the last month or so. Any guesses would be pure speculation. I got my order allocation and order accepted 7/22. My car has now been in quality check status for over 3 weeks. I’d say it will be delivered sometime in late November/ early December. Roughly 4-5 months from allocation to delivery for me. If you get an allocation in the next month or two I’d say you could hope to take delivery in April- may. Again this is just speculation, no way to know if parts shortages will improve or worsen. Have you checked into lease brokers? Sometimes they have allocations available. I posted a cpl months ago that international autos in Milwaukee area had an allocation available at msrp, no one responded or pm’d me I was surprised based on all the bitching going on . Give them a call if you haven’t already not sure if that one was ever snatched up but I bet it was. I also see built cars available on this forum from time to time.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xs2dinan View Post
So how hosed am I if I got on a waitlist for an allocation late July? Any chance I'm seeing this car before spring 2022?
I don't think they had any allocations given out in the last month or so. Any guesses would be pure speculation. I got my order allocation and order accepted 7/22. My car has now been in quality check status for over 3 weeks. I'd say it will be delivered sometime in late November/ early December. Roughly 4-5 months from allocation to delivery for me. If you get an allocation in the next month or two I'd say you could hope to take delivery in April- may. Again this is just speculation, no way to know if parts shortages will improve or worsen. Have you checked into lease brokers? Sometimes they have allocations available. I posted a cpl months ago that international autos in Milwaukee area had an allocation available at msrp, no one responded or pm'd me I was surprised based on all the bitching going on . Give them a call if you haven't already not sure if that one was ever snatched up but I bet it was. I also see built cars available on this forum from time to time.
Great info thank you!
      11-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #48
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
Hi guys. I’m in the MKE area and looking for an allocation. I’m on two waiting lists so far. 1st and 4th. I would love to see a G80 in person if anyone around here has one.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #49
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
Hi guys. I’m in the MKE area and looking for an allocation. I’m on two waiting lists so far. 1st and 4th. I would love to see a G80 in person if anyone around here has one.
Hey man geektech and I are both in Mke area. I think he is closer to taking delivery of his G80 than I am getting my G82. Mine was in QC for 7+ weeks but just flipped to awaiting carrier assignment yesterday. I’m prbly at least a month away from taking delivery but I’ll keep you posted. I’m assuming you are on list at Milwaukee north and international autos. I have a good relationship with Michael at Milwaukee north I can ask him about an allocation.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #50
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey man geektech and I are both in Mke area. I think he is closer to taking delivery of his G80 than I am getting my G82. Mine was in QC for 7+ weeks but just flipped to awaiting carrier assignment yesterday. I’m prbly at least a month away from taking delivery but I’ll keep you posted. I’m assuming you are on list at Milwaukee north and international autos. I have a good relationship with Michael at Milwaukee north I can ask him about an allocation.
Sweet. Glad to see there’s some local guys. I’m on the list at Milwaukee North and I’m 4th on that. I’ve met Michael- cool guy. I was there yesterday putting down a deposit. International is charging 2k over MSRP, so I’m skipping them. I’m first on the list in Madison. Hopefully I get going by January.

What colors did you guys get?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 11:54 AM   #51
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Sweet. Glad to see there’s some local guys. I’m on the list at Milwaukee North and I’m 4th on that. I’ve met Michael- cool guy. I was there yesterday putting down a deposit. International is charging 2k over MSRP, so I’m skipping them. I’m first on the list in Madison. Hopefully I get going by January.

There is a dealership up in Green Bay area also you may want to try them. I got BSM it’s a G82 comp Xdrive - exec, park assist and drivers assist with laser light and ventilated seats. What spec are you leaning towards? Will keep you updated on my car we should all hook up once we take delivery. In spring summer and fall there is a cars and coffee meet at McKinley Marina every third Thursday usually morning to early afternoon.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #52
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There is a dealership up in Green Bay area also you may want to try them. I got BSM it’s a G82 comp Xdrive - exec, park assist and drivers assist with laser light and ventilated seats. What spec are you leaning towards? Will keep you updated on my car we should all hook up once we take delivery. In spring summer and fall there is a cars and coffee meet at McKinley Marina every third Thursday usually morning to early afternoon.
I just gave them a call and they’ll contact me if anything becomes available in the future thanks. Nice build. Brave with BSM. I’ve pretty much solidified my build for a G80CX with full tartufo, all options minus the ceramic brakes and carbon seats. And that silly one that deletes the black trim for chrome. I’m still undecided on the exterior paint but I want to stay a way from darker colors (originally considered TB2) so I’m between Skyscraper Grey, Portimao, and I’m now considering IOMG

Last edited by MMM.PWR; 11-27-2021 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #53
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I just have them a call and they’ll contact me if anything becomes available in the future thanks. Nice build. Brave with BSM. I’ve pretty much solidified my build for a G80CX with full tartufo, all options minus the ceramic brakes and carbon seats. And that silly one that deletes the black trim for chrome. I’m still undecided on the exterior paint but I want to stay a way from darker colors (originally considered TB2) so I’m between Skyscraper Grey, Portimao, and I’m now considering IOMG
All good choices - I saw a BG M3 comp as well as a MW both looked great .
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #54
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

@MMM.PWR ,

I took delivery about a week ago. I was featured on the front page of Bimmerpost.
I ordered individual Voodoo blue with Fiona red interior.
This car is just awesome.
Attached Images

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 12:35 PM   #55
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Gorgeous. I did see a BG X3M40 and it looked nice, but it seems to be a pretty popular choice.

How do you like the full leather option? It’s checked on my build, as well as the carbon package. I was not considering either of these options but now I can’t not have them
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 12:36 PM   #56
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
@MMM.PWR ,

I took delivery about a week ago. I was featured on the front page of Bimmerpost.
Oh man congrats I figured you were getting close. That build looks incredible, enjoy that beast. Wondering how long it took for them to install the RAM at the port? Supposedly the reason mine was in QC for 7 to 8 weeks was that they’d install it at the factory but I’m not relying on that.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2021, 12:41 PM   #57
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
@MMM.PWR ,

Oh man congrats I figured you were getting close. That build looks incredible, enjoy that beast. Wondering how long it took for them to install the RAM at the port? Supposedly the reason mine was in QC for 7 to 8 weeks was that they’d install it at the factory but I’m not relying on that.
Thanks! More photos here:

Took delivery of G80 M3 Competition individual voodoo blue with Fiona Red (superman) https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1876342

I was waiting only a few days for RAM install. I was originally doing PCD but we had a family emergency and I had to cancel. RAM was fixed in SC VPC and then car was transported up to MKE. I bought from International autos but I locked in my cost well before places started charging above MSRP. It was about 7 months from getting voodoo approved to delivery.

The full leather is gorgeous. Get it. You won't regret it. The dash is also leather and has nice stitching on it. Really makes the car feel premium.

--
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 12:44 PM   #58
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

More than happy to show off my car in person sometime. It's a daily driver for me and I just threw on some all season tires to hold me until I can get some winter rims. I'll be driving it all winter. I have 148 miles on it so far.

I'm out on the west side of Brookfield.

--
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 01:03 PM   #59
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
More than happy to show off my car in person sometime. It's a daily driver for me and I just threw on some all season tires to hold me until I can get some winter rims. I'll be driving it all winter. I have 148 miles on it so far.

I'm out on the west side of Brookfield.
Dude I’ll take you up on that - can’t tell you how great that car looks , I’m jealous - I’m a real estate appraiser I’m out in that area all the time - I’ll PM my number - great to hear about the RAM , hoping I don’t get stuck in awaiting carrier long and my car gets on a ship asap.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 01:24 PM   #60
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Would love to see a G80 in person especially with the extended leather. I’m close to Sussex / Menomonee Falls
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2021, 01:56 PM   #61
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
On another note, what are you guys doing about the front plate? Tow hook bracket?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #62
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
On another note, what are you guys doing about the front plate? Tow hook bracket?
I don’t want to jinx myself but I haven’t had a front plate for 10 years going back at least 3 cars .
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 06:31 PM   #63
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don’t want to jinx myself but I haven’t had a front plate for 10 years going back at least 3 cars .
Knocked on wood for you. That’s good to hear. I know in Chicago it’s almost a must to have a front plate or you’ll get a parking ticket. I won’t worry too much about it.

You guys getting the adaptive cruise control? How do you feel about the sensor in the kidney grill? I don’t really mind it too much but once I noticed it I can’t unsee it. Still I would hate to lose that feature over a little bit of symmetry
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 07:49 PM   #64
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Knocked on wood for you. That’s good to hear. I know in Chicago it’s almost a must to have a front plate or you’ll get a parking ticket. I won’t worry too much about it.

You guys getting the adaptive cruise control? How do you feel about the sensor in the kidney grill? I don’t really mind it too much but once I noticed it I can’t unsee it. Still I would hate to lose that feature over a little bit of symmetry
Is that the extended traffic jam assistant ? I do have the drivers assist package.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 09:04 PM   #65
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is that the extended traffic jam assistant ? I do have the drivers assist package.
Probably used for that too. I haven’t owned a BMW in a long time so I’m not familiar with their tech but the wife’s Volvo has adaptive cruise control and it’s pretty great. I have read good things about the traffic jam assist feature though
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 09:35 PM   #66
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Probably used for that too. I haven’t owned a BMW in a long time so I’m not familiar with their tech but the wife’s Volvo has adaptive cruise control and it’s pretty great. I have read good things about the traffic jam assist feature though
I have it and it really is great if you do any Highway driving. It keeps it's lane with just one hand on the wheel. Matches speeds down to full stop.
Once I had it I always spec it. I don't even see the detector in the grill any more.

--
Appreciate 1
MMM.PWR3448.50