BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

12-31-2021, 02:27 PM   #111
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I noticed my build has

"6UX iDrive Controller Classic N/C"

"ZAX Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Compatibility"

Does this mean I don't have CarPlay? Or no touch? Or both?
Mines says 6UB - Gesture control
ZAX - for Apple car play…

So apple car play I should be safe right? I don't really care about the gesture control as long as the touch screen is available.
Did you start production yet? It may change once you start prod
No sir. Week 5 build.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 09:28 PM   #112
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Laserlights

I checked in with my rep this morning to ask if Laserlights not originally included in my order could be added (March build). He said he'd have to get back to me on Monday, but so far none of the vehicles they've ordered have been able to be to get Laserlights. Is this one of the items that is being affected by the supply chain issues?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #113
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
I checked in with my rep this morning to ask if Laserlights not originally included in my order could be added (March build). He said he'd have to get back to me on Monday, but so far none of the vehicles they've ordered have been able to be to get Laserlights. Is this one of the items that is being affected by the supply chain issues?
Available, no issues
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 1
BardG211.50
      01-08-2022, 07:16 AM   #114
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Available, no issues
Oh good thank you! My dealer rep is quite new, he may not be up to speed. I don't do a lot of night driving but I'd like to have the Laserlight option 🤞
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 12:32 AM   #115
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
I hope that your SA is correct. My purchase is a military sales purchase in Germany and the local dealer is essentially a broker between BMW AG and myself, so her information should be coming out of Munich. I guess that I will find out more in the New Year. She is not tracking a loss of the touch screen at this time.

We rarely use the the touch iDrive wheel in our X5, so I don't think that I will miss it, to be honest.
This is only affecting non M cars right now. I have confirmed this with Bavarian Motors in K-Town who confirmed this with the build supervisor directly with BMW GmbH.
Appreciate 3
      01-14-2022, 12:48 AM   #116
sk3let0nz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixx007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
I hope that your SA is correct. My purchase is a military sales purchase in Germany and the local dealer is essentially a broker between BMW AG and myself, so her information should be coming out of Munich. I guess that I will find out more in the New Year. She is not tracking a loss of the touch screen at this time.

We rarely use the the touch iDrive wheel in our X5, so I don't think that I will miss it, to be honest.
This is only affecting non M cars right now. I have confirmed this with Bavarian Motors in K-Town who confirmed this with the build supervisor directly with BMW GmbH.
Thank you for confirming, a lot of confusing information is being spread around.
      01-15-2022, 09:26 PM   #117
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

I read a lot is this thread … I'm hoping if something were to get nixed like CarPlay they could add it retroactively. Our Yukon we just had built won't come with heated seats bc it's missing a chip but supposedly they will be able to add it later easily …. For what it's worth …

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 09:44 PM   #118
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

I spoke to my dealer, who indicated that other than Laser Lights he expects I will get my March build as configured. However, he said they won't know for sure until the car is delivered. I thought the factory would confirm the order prior to production start, is this correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 03:52 AM   #119
M3anLantern
(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

My dealer here in the UK has said things are being resolved as time goes on so what may be an issue now may not affect me (week 6 build I think) but he did mention that as it stands CarPlay/AA is not enabled from factory and BMW will push an update to enable this between April-June.

He also mentioned that the touchscreen deletion was a thing and when the build is locked in prior to production, we'll know if it's getting deleted or not. If it is, I can walk away or BMW will give me a £500 goodwill gesture to make up for its absence.
Appreciate 1
BardG211.50
      01-21-2022, 07:55 AM   #120
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Unrelated anecdote: Last year we ordered some Polywood outdoor furniture, and it took nearly four months to arrive. I just ordered another set this past Monday, and it's set to arrive on Saturday.

Ergo, all these shipping/inventory/chip issues must be resolved by now.
      01-21-2022, 08:34 AM   #121
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Unrelated anecdote: Last year we ordered some Polywood outdoor furniture, and it took nearly four months to arrive. I just ordered another set this past Monday, and it's set to arrive on Saturday.

Ergo, all these shipping/inventory/chip issues must be resolved by now.
Lol. Your situation obviously should be accepted as a general improvement of all industries.

Great stuff btw…I ordered 2 chairs at the beginning of COVID from them. Took a couple months, but great stuff!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 08:35 AM   #122
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

FYI- My car finished production this week and I have no CarPlay deletions
Appreciate 2
      01-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #123
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1894 View Post
My dealer here in the UK has said things are being resolved as time goes on so what may be an issue now may not affect me (week 6 build I think) but he did mention that as it stands CarPlay/AA is not enabled from factory and BMW will push an update to enable this between April-June.

He also mentioned that the touchscreen deletion was a thing and when the build is locked in prior to production, we'll know if it's getting deleted or not. If it is, I can walk away or BMW will give me a £500 goodwill gesture to make up for its absence.
This is very helpful, thank you. So it looks like there is a point where the build is "locked in", at which time the dealer can advise us as to what we're going to get. Have I got this right?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 08:56 AM   #124
Neek
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition Coupe

We always have to remember that BMW makes different decisions for different markets as well, and a restriction or deletion that affects one market won't necessarily affect others. So if a buyer in Canada is dealing with a restriction, that doesn't mean it will necessarily affect a buyer in the U.K., or the U.S.A., etc. or vice-versa.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2022, 12:12 AM   #125
C3Lo17
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 m3 comp.

Hi guys, in regards with the laser headlight, upon delivery of my car just couple weeks ago, the dealer told me on the spot that my car isn't equipped one due to chip shortage even though its part of my build. Yeah real bummer! I asked them if they can add it if they become available, but they said I might end up paying the whole amount...$8k(canadian)? nvm
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:23 AM   #126
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3Lo17 View Post
Hi guys, in regards with the laser headlight, upon delivery of my car just couple weeks ago, the dealer told me on the spot that my car isn't equipped one due to chip shortage even though its part of my build. Yeah real bummer! I asked them if they can add it if they become available, but they said I might end up paying the whole amount...$8k(canadian)? nvm
Yeah unfortunately it looks like the priority is going to US builds, probably also builds in Germany I'd assume
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:51 AM   #127
G80eek
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3CX

My dealer informed me last week that Gesture Control was deleted duebto chip shortage. No issue for me as I would deactivate it anyway. Fingers crossed nothing else gets removed. I am in Switzerland so deletions over here might be different. Expected delivery got pushed back by another 5 weeks...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:54 AM   #128
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80eek View Post
My dealer informed me last week that Gesture Control was deleted duebto chip shortage. No issue for me as I would deactivate it anyway. Fingers crossed nothing else gets removed. I am in Switzerland so deletions over here might be different. Expected delivery got pushed back by another 5 weeks...
Do you get credit for it? Not sure cause it's in the executive pkg
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 06:15 AM   #129
G80eek
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3CX

Quote:

Not sure. I was annoyed with yet another delay that I didn't bother asking. But as you say it's part of the Executive Package so I doubt so. Will raise that point for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 09:03 AM   #130
TJR_///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C 2021 X3M40i

I am in the commercial vehicle OEM manufacturing business (and have many years experience in car engineering and manufacturing - although unfortunately not with BMW!) and while the supply situation has dramatically improved over the last few months it remains highly volatile.
We are still getting, in some cases with less than 48 hours notice from scheduled start of vehicle build, notice that parts will not be shipped or will be delivered with reduced functionality.
I assume BMW has a little more control and visibility of their supply chain but I suspect in frequent cases they too are getting ‘surprised’. The whole industry is living hand to mouth on parts supply right now. Once a vehicle is within days or hours of assembly, pulling it from production because of parts issues is very hard and disruptive to the sequencing of part delivery to the assembly line.
I know this is no comfort to anyone whose G8X gets built without a feature that was purposefully selected, but it is an unfortunate fact of life, at least for now.
      03-16-2022, 09:49 AM   #131
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR_M3 View Post
I am in the commercial vehicle OEM manufacturing business (and have many years experience in car engineering and manufacturing - although unfortunately not with BMW!) and while the supply situation has dramatically improved over the last few months it remains highly volatile.
We are still getting, in some cases with less than 48 hours notice from scheduled start of vehicle build, notice that parts will not be shipped or will be delivered with reduced functionality.
I assume BMW has a little more control and visibility of their supply chain but I suspect in frequent cases they too are getting ‘surprised’. The whole industry is living hand to mouth on parts supply right now. Once a vehicle is within days or hours of assembly, pulling it from production because of parts issues is very hard and disruptive to the sequencing of part delivery to the assembly line.
I know this is no comfort to anyone whose G8X gets built without a feature that was purposefully selected, but it is an unfortunate fact of life, at least for now.
Thanks for your perspective. "Living hand to mouth" used to be touted in positive efficiency terms ("lean manufacturing," "just-in-time inventory"), which of course works great when suppliers and costs are consistent and reliable. I wonder what the long-term impacts to manufacturing will be as a result of the past couple of years.
      03-16-2022, 10:11 AM   #132
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Focus ST, 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Not sure. I was annoyed with yet another delay that I didn't bother asking. But as you say it's part of the Executive Package so I doubt so. Will raise that point for sure.
Is it part of the Canadian exec package? It is not for 2022 in the US, was a separate $1000 line item (which thankfully, my dealer warned me about, seems like not all got that same warning).
Appreciate 0