BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-12-2022, 08:47 PM   #265
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

Anyone else on this thread watch this video and wonder which part of their car is missing?

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 08:13 AM   #266
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG82 View Post
The recall tool is still showing the same open RAM issues so I am guessing BMW gave up and the car will sit at port or VPC.
Maybe. Maybe not. Our M340ix arrived at the destination port yesterday. Genius and Dealer say there are no open recalls or work orders, yet the Recall Info Tool still has code 0065600300 - Checking the installation of amplifier, retrofitting if necessary (note: not confirmed message) - as open. We should know today or tomorrow if if that's just a fluke.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #267
element56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 X3 '22 M4XC '23 X3M40i

what is BMW going to do to compensate all of us that have been stuck in QC for so long? additional extended warranty, a pair of M socks to keep our feet warm when not in the cars, winter wheel setups, or just a thanks for spending 80K plus on your car and beat it?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:25 PM   #268
nitsua1978
Rep
Drives: Incoming: G82XCP, now: F82CP

I emailed BMW UK to complain last week and received the following reply today. A totally unsatisfactory and patronising response that effectively paraphrased my own initial email back to me! I've requested that they elevate this further.

"Thanks for your email about the delay on your BMW M4. I'm sorry to hear about this - I can understand why you're frustrated.

We’re currently making some changes to our IT systems, so I can only apologise for the delay in my response.

I understand the main reason for the delay is due to the global semiconductor shortage, this is a global issue, and not restricted to the automotive industry and as such is outside of BMW UK’s control.

This global chip shortage is having some unexpected effects on all car and electronic manufacturers. While I can appreciate your frustration with the overall situation, the pandemic has caused many delays to production and a lot of our models do have a longer lead time than we’d normally expect.

When further communications are released, [your BMW dealer] will be in the best position to update you.

I know this may not be the answer you were hoping for, and I’m sorry for any disappointment caused.

If you need anything in the meantime, please get back in touch."
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:50 PM   #269
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsua1978 View Post
I emailed BMW UK to complain last week and received the following reply today. A totally unsatisfactory and patronising response that effectively paraphrased my own initial email back to me! I've requested that they elevate this further.

"Thanks for your email about the delay on your BMW M4. I'm sorry to hear about this - I can understand why you're frustrated.

We’re currently making some changes to our IT systems, so I can only apologise for the delay in my response.

I understand the main reason for the delay is due to the global semiconductor shortage, this is a global issue, and not restricted to the automotive industry and as such is outside of BMW UK’s control.

This global chip shortage is having some unexpected effects on all car and electronic manufacturers. While I can appreciate your frustration with the overall situation, the pandemic has caused many delays to production and a lot of our models do have a longer lead time than we’d normally expect.

When further communications are released, [your BMW dealer] will be in the best position to update you.

I know this may not be the answer you were hoping for, and I’m sorry for any disappointment caused.

If you need anything in the meantime, please get back in touch."

Yah that's a non-response. Just to be clear, where is says "[your BMW dealer]," is that how the email was sent you you? Or did you redact the name of your dealer?
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 1
modat2462.50
      01-13-2022, 03:50 PM   #270
nitsua1978
Rep
Drives: Incoming: G82XCP, now: F82CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
Yah that's a non-response. Just to be clear, where is says "[your BMW dealer]," is that how the email was sent you you? Or did you redact the name of your dealer?
I found the entire response rather patronising.

And yep, I redacted the dealer name -- they've been absolutely fantastic to be fair and are as much in the dark as me!

Also, another member of the m3cutters forum in the UK also received exactly the same reply!

Last edited by nitsua1978; 01-13-2022 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: extra detail
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:52 PM   #271
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsua1978 View Post
I found the entire response rather patronising.

And yep, I redacted the dealer name -- they've been absolutely fantastic to be fair and are as much in the dark as me!
OK, cool. I just wanted to know if that's how they sent it out. I love when companies leave blanks and fields like that in form letters by accident. There is no better way to let a customer know you don't value them than by sending them an incomplete form letter.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 07:19 PM   #272
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Man, I knew I shouldn't have browsed thru the Week 1 build thread tonight. Lots of chatter around what boat they are on and when it arrives….

Happy for them, I suppose, but it's not encouraging for the QC purgatory crew, especially when my CA keeps telling me the QC delays are normal and the car is on its way…
Appreciate 1
adr_M3368.50
      01-13-2022, 07:29 PM   #273
mjbernatz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
Completely agree with you. No new information, and replied to you in a tone that makes you feel like you've not been researching the issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 07:32 PM   #274
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
Man, I knew I shouldn't have browsed thru the Week 1 build thread tonight. Lots of chatter around what boat they are on and when it arrives….

Happy for them, I suppose, but it's not encouraging for the QC purgatory crew, especially when my CA keeps telling me the QC delays are normal and the car is on its way…
I made the same mistake 🤦🏻*♂️ I've been cycling through fits of rage and resignation knowing there's nothing we can do to get our cars out. I'm most concerned though at potentially losing my rate lock if the car doesn't get here before the end of March.
Appreciate 2
ATX_M3185.50
Macheins282.50
      01-13-2022, 07:37 PM   #275
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr_M3 View Post
Quote:

I made the same mistake 🤦🏻*♂️ I've been cycling through fits of rage and resignation knowing there's nothing we can do to get our cars out. I'm most concerned though at potentially losing my rate lock if the car doesn't get here before the end of March.
Ya, I hear ya. One good thing is that my delay has driven me to start the process to buyout the lease on my 2018 F80 CS to at least have some certainty of what I'll be driving one month from now other than sharing a XC90 with my wife.

When the G80 arrives….well, I'll cross that bridge when it comes.
Appreciate 1
adr_M3368.50
      01-13-2022, 07:49 PM   #276
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ya, I hear ya. One good thing is that my delay has driven me to start the process to buyout the lease on my 2018 F80 CS to at least have some certainty of what I'll be driving one month from now other than sharing a XC90 with my wife.

When the G80 arrives….well, I'll cross that bridge when it comes.
Another good thing is that you're getting more quality time with your F80 CS before your G80 arrives 😀 Meanwhile I'll be "slumming it" it my hand me down '01 Honda Accord for a bit longer 😂
Appreciate 1
ATX_M3185.50
      01-13-2022, 10:00 PM   #277
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:

Don't worry. Us week 1-ers will agonize if we are getting a boat full of lemons with the full knowledge that many of you are stuck in QC for months. Your experience doesn't give us confidence either, although I know everyone's situation may be very different.

We too are confused how we make it through in days and somehow the rest of you are stuck without answers and parts that apparently we could get.

At the end of the day it's still a production line and still needs to keep moving. Just how if you get a brand new shiny iPhone on launch day and it ends up being DOA how apple won't open up a new box for you and give you a different one. They have to go into their replacement and repair supply which has different inventory.
Appreciate 1
ATX_M3185.50
      01-14-2022, 01:51 PM   #278
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Posted this in another thread.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28467443
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:10 PM   #279
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
Damn, I really shouldn't have done that either. Painful to see cars ordered 2 months after mine will arrive at least a month before mine. I've already lost my 0.9 rate lock in the process.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:13 PM   #280
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Quote:
Damn, I really shouldn't have done that either. Painful to see cars ordered 2 months after mine will arrive at least a month before mine. I've already lost my 0.9 rate lock in the process.
I just hope my car gets here before mine expires at the end of March. I'm going to the dealership Monday and will kindly ask if there's any recourse if it does happen while I sort out other details to make the delivery date as seamless as possible (if it ever arrives &#128528
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:19 PM   #281
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
I just hope my car gets here before mine expires at the end of March. I'm going to the dealership Monday and will kindly ask if there's any recourse if it does happen while I sort out other details to make the delivery date as seamless as possible (if it ever arrives ��)
I'd like to think our cars HAVE to get here before the end of March, but at this rate, who knows. Keep us posted if he says there's recourse. When I asked about my expired rate, the response was basically too bad, so sad.
Appreciate 2
adr_M3368.50
      01-14-2022, 07:29 PM   #282
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by element56 View Post
what is BMW going to do to compensate all of us that have been stuck in QC for so long?
Nothing. In reality, the cars aren't ours yet.
Appreciate 1
ATX_M3185.50
      01-15-2022, 07:12 AM   #283
Garycoral
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60 / 45e

No denying that BMW has decided the M4 Owner doesn't warrant the precious RAM chips needed... ALL other models are being finished ahead of the M4's.

It honestly will effect my next purchase which was going to be moving my wife from her '21 X545e to a '23 - Looking for alternatives now.

Not the BMW gives a crap...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 07:42 AM   #284
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Hey guys. Just wondering, did you have "special Identification 2" pop up on your builds some time during this whole process?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #285
JWBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, M4 & X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Hey guys. Just wondering, did you have "special Identification 2" pop up on your builds some time during this whole process?
Yes, has been on mine since the start of production.

Special identification 2 = “ F these guys”
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 09:20 AM   #286
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBimmer View Post
Yes, has been on mine since the start of production.

Special identification 2 = “ F these guys”
F'in great. My week 3 build just had this pop up when it hit the paint booth
Appreciate 0