G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

11-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #1
Exia
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 C7 Z06 | '22 M3C xDrive

2022 Discrepency on website vs build sheet

Hey guys,

I just finished signing the paperwork for a 2022 M3 Competition xDrive and I'll be picking it up by the end of the week. I have two questions for anyone able to help in regards to what BMW Canada's build & price allows you to do vs what dealers can actually order.

This was an in stock vehicle, I didn't order it. The car has the Ultimate Package and upon looking at photos I noticed it didn't have the Carbon Fiber Interior trim, however when I build a 2022 on BMW Canada's website the Ultimate Package says it includes carbon fiber interior trim standard and trying to change that forces you to remove the Ultimate package, yet this 2022 doesn't have the trim. This tells me you can't have an Ultimate Package vehicle without Carbon interior trim.

The car also has a sunroof, which according to the build & price means that the M Driver's package gets removed, however the build sheet still shows the M Driver's Package as an option with the Ultimate Package despite it having the sunroof.

The dealer told me that they chose not to add the carbon trim, which tells me the website is incorrect and that it is possible to delete carbon interior trim even even if the ultimate Package is selected and they've basically told me that the M Driver's Package is on the build sheet so it must be there despite what the online build & price tool says.

So what I'd like to know is are these discrepancies real? Can you delete the carbon interior trim even if selecting the Ultimate Package despite what the build & price tool shows? Does my car have the M Driver's Package even though it has the sunroof like the build sheet says?

Thank you to anyone who can help, I just want to make sure I'm not missing things I should have as this is my first BMW and I don't know how accurate the websites build & price is vs what can actually be ordered through the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
Hood
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia View Post
Hey guys,

I just finished signing the paperwork for a 2022 M3 Competition xDrive and I'll be picking it up by the end of the week. I have two questions for anyone able to help in regards to what BMW Canada's build & price allows you to do vs what dealers can actually order.

This was an in stock vehicle, I didn't order it. The car has the Ultimate Package and upon looking at photos I noticed it didn't have the Carbon Fiber Interior trim, however when I build a 2022 on BMW Canada's website the Ultimate Package says it includes carbon fiber interior trim standard and trying to change that forces you to remove the Ultimate package, yet this 2022 doesn't have the trim. This tells me you can't have an Ultimate Package vehicle without Carbon interior trim.

The car also has a sunroof, which according to the build & price means that the M Driver's package gets removed, however the build sheet still shows the M Driver's Package as an option with the Ultimate Package despite it having the sunroof.

The dealer told me that they chose not to add the carbon trim, which tells me the website is incorrect and that it is possible to delete carbon interior trim even even if the ultimate Package is selected and they've basically told me that the M Driver's Package is on the build sheet so it must be there despite what the online build & price tool says.

So what I'd like to know is are these discrepancies real? Can you delete the carbon interior trim even if selecting the Ultimate Package despite what the build & price tool shows? Does my car have the M Driver's Package even though it has the sunroof like the build sheet says?

Thank you to anyone who can help, I just want to make sure I'm not missing things I should have as this is my first BMW and I don't know how accurate the websites build & price is vs what can actually be ordered through the dealership.
Ultimate package and carbon fiber interior trim are separate as far as I know. Also if you have a sunroof then you can't have the M drivers pack its one or the other.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:36 PM   #3
Exia
Canada
Rep

So despite what the websites configurator shows, the ultimate package doesn't have to force Carbon fiber interior trim?

Would the build sheet still show the M Driver's package because its bundled with the ultimate package but in actuality its not on the car? Is there anyway to confirm the M Driver's package is on the car besides driving over 250kph?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:45 PM   #4
Hood
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia View Post
So despite what the websites configurator shows, the ultimate package doesn't have to force Carbon fiber interior trim?

Would the build sheet still show the M Driver's package because its bundled with the ultimate package but in actuality its not on the car? Is there anyway to confirm the M Driver's package is on the car besides driving over 250kph?
Ask your dealer for full build sheet on your car, would be much easier than trying to figure out if it has the option or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #5
Exia
Canada
Rep

I have the build sheet, it lists the Ultimate package along with everything included in the package such as thew M Driver's package but it also has the sunroof. The build sheet didn't delete the M Driver's package from the build sheet so I'm wondering if it still has it or if its just an error because the system isn't smart enough to delete individual items that come with the package.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #6
Hood
Rep

403 is sunroof and 7ME is M Driver's package so unless this is wrong or error in the system then I don't know.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 09:22 PM   #7
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3xDrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
The website price for ultimate with CF seats and including CF trim is now $23,200, which I believe is the latest build config.
Your car is build of the previous configuration where CF trim was separate from ultimate pkg $19,200, and CF trim was around $1000.

I have ZUP pkg with sunroof and M Drive pkg included on my car that I took delivery few weeks back.
      11-18-2021, 07:39 AM   #8
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

The BMW.ca build and price is poop.
Appreciate 2
evilalien447.50
Bst8886.00
      02-22-2022, 02:53 PM   #9
dk3what
Rep
Drives: RS5, Macan GTS, BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post
The BMW.ca build and price is poop.
Do you have a specific contact at your dealership that deals with M cars?
New member so I can't PM you directly. Located in SW Ontario, so reaching out to a couple of local dealers to get on the G80 x drive waitlist train haha.

Additionally, I did a quick search and I see an old order/build sheet for M3, wondering you or others have a newer build sheet for 22 MY.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0