BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-27-2021, 01:37 PM   #1
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
On to the next week… just got off the phone with BMW Genius line.

BUILD WEEK 50!

My allocation was initially tied to build week 40 with my initial Brooklyn Grey and Fiona red combo(when I secured my allocation back in August).

Then, through multiple delays and a couple changes on my end… week 50 as of today, 10/27/21.

I made a final change to the safer bet— black full leather interior with my Mexico Blue individual paint (from tartufo as much as I love the tartufo) and now am sitting in a confirmed build week of 50.

From 40, to 42, to 44, to 47, now to 50! Hopefully this is it!

Post your week 50 (for now) builds below! Include a photo too!

Here's mine:

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Mexico Blue Individual
Black full leather
Carbon fiber bucket seats
826 M black wheels with red calipers
Carbon fiber interior trim
Carbon fiber exterior package
M performance carbon fiber front splitter/lip
M performance carbon side markers
Executive package
M drive professional
LED laser headlights
M shadow line lights
Parking assistance package

By my calculations, this puts the car in my garage (west coast) the end of January, through middle of February time frame (+/- a week or two for full PPF, tint, and ceramic coating)!

I can't wait! I've always wanted to go individual. Cheers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

So I just got my order in this week and it's scheduled for week 50 (originally week 48 but buckets delayed it by 2 weeks)

22 m3 Xdrive
IOMG/KO
826 Bi bicolor wheels
Carbon Fiber Trim
Laser lights
Carbon Buckets
Shadowline lights
Exec Pack
Parking Assistance Pack
Black Calipers

Let the wait begin!
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #3
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post

BUILD WEEK 50!

My allocation was initially tied to build week 40 with my initial Brooklyn Grey and Fiona red combo(when I secured my allocation back in August).

Then, through multiple delays and a couple changes on my end… week 50 as of today, 10/27/21.

I made a final change to the safer bet— black full leather interior with my Mexico Blue individual paint (from tartufo as much as I love the tartufo) and now am sitting in a confirmed build week of 50.

Here's mine:

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Mexico Blue Individual
Black full leather
Ventilated seats
Executive package
M drive professional
LED laser headlights
M shadow line lights

By my calculations, this puts the car in my garage (west coast) the end of January, through middle of February time frame (+/- a week or two for full PPF, tint, and ceramic coating)!

damn you just keep getting pushed further and further back
      10-27-2021, 03:29 PM   #4
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayien View Post
Quote:

BUILD WEEK 50!

Here's mine:

2022 M3 Comp xdrive
Mexico Blue Individual
Black full leather
Ventilated seats
Executive package
M drive professional
LED laser headlights
M shadow line lights

damn you just keep getting pushed further and further back

Seriously! Hoping this is the final move.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 10:43 PM   #5
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

RockinPA let's hope week 50 sticks! I haven't been delayed to high hell like you but I'm hoping BMW builds our M3's together. M3's all get made in the same plant right? Regardless of xDrive/Compeition or not? I think I read somewhere that the M4 gets built in a different plant or something.

Either way, stoked if week 50 sticks but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. I opted to add a package that BMW doesn't offer on their configurator, and I've never been a very lucky person in general haha.

But here goes!

2022 M3 6MT
Individual Dakar Yellow
Ivory White full merino leather interior
Carbon bucket seats
826M bi-colour wheels with black calipers
Executive package
Laserlight LED headlights
M Shadowline lights
Drive recorder
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-29-2021, 10:27 AM   #6
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
RockinPA let's hope week 50 sticks! I haven't been delayed to high hell like you but I'm hoping BMW builds our M3's together. M3's all get made in the same plant right? Regardless of xDrive/Compeition or not? I think I read somewhere that the M4 gets built in a different plant or something.

Either way, stoked if week 50 sticks but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. I opted to add a package that BMW doesn't offer on their configurator, and I've never been a very lucky person in general haha.

But here goes!

2022 M3 6MT
Individual Dakar Yellow
Ivory White full merino leather interior
Carbon bucket seats
826M bi-colour wheels with black calipers
Executive package
Laserlight LED headlights
M Shadowline lights
Drive recorder
I hope so man, that'd be great! Maybe week 50 is individual week… haha

Parking assistance package? I think many of us did. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to the delays at this point.

Your build will look awesome! Can't wait to see the photos!
Appreciate 1
AhsanU3792.00
      10-29-2021, 11:15 AM   #7
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Parking assistance package? I think many of us did. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to the delays at this point.

I was originally scheduled for week 48, then CF seats bumped me back to 50. I called genius and they said I'm at 48 now.

So who knows at this point. My Sa still says week 50. I am not sure who has more accurate info, the SA or genius.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 11:48 AM   #8
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Quote:

I was originally scheduled for week 48, then CF seats bumped me back to 50. I called genius and they said I'm at 48 now.

So who knows at this point. My Sa still says week 50. I am not sure who has more accurate info, the SA or genius.
Not knowing your CA it's hard to say who has the more accurate info but I'd personally go with what the genius is saying.

Maybe you're slated for production to begin in week 48 and therefore it'll complete in week 50 (making it a week 50 car and they're both right in their own ways lol)

Who knows anymore man… it's a crap shoot.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 02:31 PM   #9
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:

I heard they do that too! But the genius I spoke to said that given shortages and what not, he doesn’t think BMW’s really building individual cars all in one week anymore. But who knows!

The parking assistance package actually isn’t available for the base G80 M3. When you go to the online configurator, it doesn’t show it. My CA had to put in a request to be approved in order to get them and it took several days to show up on my list of options in the My BMW Garage. It’s definitely available for comps and xDrive comps, but not the base. Worth it though if I keep the car long term IMO. If not, it’ll be peace of mind when my wife eventually drives it and needs to park.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      10-29-2021, 05:09 PM   #10
Rotate
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M4 6SPD, 2014 Viper

Just found out I'm in the week 50 club!

M4 Base Manual

Isle of Man Green
Kayalami Full Leather Interior
Front Ventilated Seats
Aluminum Tetragon Trim
Icon Adaptive LED lights with Laserligh
18/19 M Double spoke Style 824M

Glad to be part of club 50. Found a dealer with a build in 111 who modified to my spec.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 05:16 PM   #11
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:

I heard they do that too! But the genius I spoke to said that given shortages and what not, he doesn't think BMW's really building individual cars all in one week anymore. But who knows!

The parking assistance package actually isn't available for the base G80 M3. When you go to the online configurator, it doesn't show it. My CA had to put in a request to be approved in order to get them and it took several days to show up on my list of options in the My BMW Garage. It's definitely available for comps and xDrive comps, but not the base. Worth it though if I keep the car long term IMO. If not, it'll be peace of mind when my wife eventually drives it and needs to park.

Haha yeah, exactly. Who knows… let's hope there's at least one yellow and one blue individual M3 that week!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 08:31 AM   #12
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Does anyone know how far in advance status changes from Order received to scheduled for production?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #13
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Does anyone know how far in advance status changes from Order received to scheduled for production?
In normal times around 4 weeks before your build week, but I have seen it happen 7-14 days before your build week with all the volatility going on
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #14
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I'd imagine we will see status 150 the week of 11/8 or 11/15 at latest. That's about how long before it's been changing for me (I started this journey in week 40).

As another forum member posted (Razman), BMW uses the ISO 8601 week numbering system (see screenshot from the website he shared).

https://www.calendar-12.com/week_number

This makes our week of completion the week of 12/5. Since it takes a couple weeks, our week 50 cars should start being produced the week of Thanksgiving!

For those of us on the west coast (with no extended delays/stop sales), it then takes 43-60 days for the car to reach the dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 02:57 AM   #15
G80_SanMarino
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
I'd imagine we will see status 150 the week of 11/8 or 11/15 at latest. That's about how long before it's been changing for me (I started this journey in week 40).

As another forum member posted (Razman), BMW uses the ISO 8601 week numbering system (see screenshot from the website he shared).

This makes our week of completion the week of 12/5. Since it takes a couple weeks, our week 50 cars should start being produced the week of Thanksgiving!

For those of us on the west coast (with no extended delays/stop sales), it then takes 43-60 days for the car to reach the dealer.
So the build week is actually the week of completion? I thought this would be the week when they start production, and then finish production 2 weeks later. Mine is build week 49, so this would mean that it should start production in week 47 then? FYI I'm still in status 111 as of now.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #16
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_SanMarino View Post
Quote:

So the build week is actually the week of completion? I thought this would be the week when they start production, and then finish production 2 weeks later. Mine is build week 49, so this would mean that it should start production in week 47 then? FYI I'm still in status 111 as of now.

Correct. Build week is the estimated week of completion. Your car will start production 1-2 weeks prior to your build week. Things aren't running as smooth this time around as with my last F80 M3 order but if you stay in week 49, I would imagine you'll go to scheduled -112- in the next week or two. It's all a crap shoot nowadays unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #17
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

How often does the website update? I'm literally checking like 7 times a day and I feel like I'm getting a little obsessive.

Edit 1- Just checked again..no update
Edit 2- Still no update
edit3- nothing
edit 4- nope
Edit 5-flasdkl;fjasl;djl;fadsFUCKfasdhflasjfas

Last edited by modat; 11-02-2021 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 09:42 AM   #18
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How often does the website update? I'm literally checking like 7 times a day and I feel like I'm getting a little obsessive.
Lol, welcome to the club. I have eased up a bit since I've been at this since august but when I first secured my allocation, I was doing the same. It doesn't change often until you hit production.

It'll be in order received until 1-2 weeks (+/-) before production starts, then scheduled, then production starts— etc.

It doesn't change often at this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 11:42 AM   #19
og_e46
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46; G80 M3C FDG; X7 M50i

Not really sure, but I may be at build week 50 or week 4 for my M3C with Individual paint. Genius says start of production is week 48, and my CA says week 2. Either way, delivery is next year (I hope).
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      11-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #20
G80_SanMarino
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Correct. Build week is the estimated week of completion. Your car will start production 1-2 weeks prior to your build week. Things aren't running as smooth this time around as with my last F80 M3 order but if you stay in week 49, I would imagine you'll go to scheduled -112- in the next week or two. It's all a crap shoot nowadays unfortunately.
Okay thanks! I saw someone saying it should be start of production according to the timeline his car was following so that's why I was wondering.
      11-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #21
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by og_e46 View Post
Not really sure, but I may be at build week 50 or week 4 for my M3C with Individual paint. Genius says start of production is week 48, and my CA says week 2. Either way, delivery is next year (I hope).
Haha welcome to the club. What color did you go with?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Okay thanks! I saw someone saying it should be start of production according to the timeline his car was following so that's why I was wondering.
Yeah there is always a lot of misinformation regarding this… at least now you know you'll get your car approximately two weeks sooner than you originally thought. Lol. No problem!
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2021, 05:06 PM   #22
og_e46
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46; G80 M3C FDG; X7 M50i

Quote:
Haha welcome to the club. What color did you go with?
FDG with carbon throughout (brakes, interior, exterior). Too bad Laguna Seca Blue is not an option as I would have considered that. Though I think your Mexico Blue may be close?

I hope I can remain in this Week 50 club, but I'm not holding my breath.
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4848.00
M3GALLY643.50