BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

03-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #1
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

First in person viewing - G80/82 (with pics)

Saw the g80 and 82 last night for the first time. Admittedly, I have been hugely critical of this car since it's release.

Having seen the grille in the flesh, while not optimal, it's not as heinous as I anticipated, and maybe (emphasis on maybe) over time, my dislike of it will soften. There is however, a hell of a lot of surface area on the front end (it's super upright), in contrast to the likes of an M8.

IMO - the g80 is the better looking car with it's wider fender flares. The only thing that looked a bit awkward on both cars, was the wheel gap over the front wheels, in contrast to the rear wheels which sit flush with the fender.

Other thing I noticed was the sensatec like upper dash. Will a full leather dash be available? I have the sensatec like finish on my f97, and I always think it's so half-ass for an $80k car.

Definitely hard to know how this one is going to age.
Attached Images

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 04:23 PM   #2
pcai
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Yes full leather is an option. I would def get it. Full leather in F90-the transmission tunnel sides (below the front central armrest) are leather, but in the G8X full leather the transmission tunnel is plastic. Everything else is leather, but they don't have an alcantara roof for the G8X which is a bit disappointing. But overall a nice cabin, probably exceeds normal 3 series standards.
Appreciate 0