09-13-2022, 07:38 PM   #243
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugammadex View Post
BMW of Owing Mills are doing $10k mark up on their M cars. Can anyone in Maryland or VA know dealerships that have no mark up?
Richmond BMW Midlothian.... Don't know what there waiting list looks like.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 08:11 PM   #244
maelfyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugammadex View Post
BMW of Owing Mills are doing $10k mark up on their M cars. Can anyone in Maryland or VA know dealerships that have no mark up?
None in Annapolis.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 08:51 PM   #245
M52M3
Omega One
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp XDrive

Alexandria BMW sells at MSRP......
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 04:44 AM   #246
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 CX

At this point it isn't too hard to find MSRP in the DMV. The issue is finding an allocation without waiting a year.
Appreciate 3
      11-26-2022, 01:49 PM   #247
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Does anybody have any recommendations for good CA's in the D.C./Baltimore area? I just moved here from Oregon and don't know the lay of the land yet. I'm looking at ordering an M3 or M340i here shortly to replace my M2. Figured I'd try here first before I start cold calling dealerships and hoping I get somebody good. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 09:16 PM   #248
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
Does anybody have any recommendations for good CA's in the D.C./Baltimore area? I just moved here from Oregon and don't know the lay of the land yet. I'm looking at ordering an M3 or M340i here shortly to replace my M2. Figured I'd try here first before I start cold calling dealerships and hoping I get somebody good. Thanks!
You'll get lucky to not land on a lengthy waitlist. I live in MD and needed to get my allocation from a dealer in southern PA.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 09:38 PM   #249
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglilsteve View Post
You'll get lucky to not land on a lengthy waitlist. I live in MD and needed to get my allocation from a dealer in southern PA.
I'm definitely not against expanding my radius for a good dealer and shorter wait time. I bought my M2 from a dealer in North L.A. when I was living in Oregon as they were the only ones on the West Coast who would do European Delivery. I'd take recommendations for dealerships pretty much anywhere up and down the East Coast.

As of now I've only contacted BMW of Catonsville and they told me 4-6 months for an allocation and 2 months for build/delivery at MSRP. I don't know how accurate that is though.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 10:19 PM   #250
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm definitely not against expanding my radius for a good dealer and shorter wait time. I bought my M2 from a dealer in North L.A. when I was living in Oregon as they were the only ones on the West Coast who would do European Delivery. I'd take recommendations for dealerships pretty much anywhere up and down the East Coast.

As of now I've only contacted BMW of Catonsville and they told me 4-6 months for an allocation and 2 months for build/delivery at MSRP. I don't know how accurate that is though.
I called dealers up and down the east coast, including all of the DMV. I found DMV to be nearly fruitless, but this was in August. The two PA waitlists i was on were Bobby Rahal and Daniels BMW. I got my allocation from Daniels on 10/1, and dropped off of Bobby Rahal's list a couple weeks ago, where I was 3rd in line. They're a BMW center of excellence dealer so I would expect them to have as good a flow of allocations as anyone.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 08:31 AM   #251
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I called dealers up and down the east coast, including all of the DMV. I found DMV to be nearly fruitless, but this was in August. The two PA waitlists i was on were Bobby Rahal and Daniels BMW. I got my allocation from Daniels on 10/1, and dropped off of Bobby Rahal's list a couple weeks ago, where I was 3rd in line. They're a BMW center of excellence dealer so I would expect them to have as good a flow of allocations as anyone.
Nice I'll have to check them out. I'm not in a huge hurry, but I also don't want to wait a year if I can avoid it. Catonsville has a super loaded M3CX coming in soon that had its buyer fall through. Alexandria had one recently too. Seems like that's happening more often...maybe I'll get lucky and land somebody else's base M3 order.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2022, 10:10 AM   #252
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nice I'll have to check them out. I'm not in a huge hurry, but I also don't want to wait a year if I can avoid it. Catonsville has a super loaded M3CX coming in soon that had its buyer fall through. Alexandria had one recently too. Seems like that's happening more often...maybe I'll get lucky and land somebody else's base M3 order.
Fingers crossed! Catonsville was a joke when I spoke to them in the summer. They wanted markup for allocations. They said they'd be willing to accept my order at MSRP, but would place people ahead of me if they came in after and paid a markup.

As long as you get it for MSRP, you win.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 04:43 AM   #253
Viegasjuuice
Rep
Drives: 2006 Evo IX / 2020 M4 Comp

Hello all, I am new to the site and BMW's in general. I have read through this post, but was curious if anyone else as of recent has dealt with BMW of Alexandria? I have recently put in an order and left a deposit with them at MSRP for an M3 comp.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 05:18 AM   #254
M4ord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Garage List
I ordered a G83 (Annapolis)in Feb of 22 and drove it off the lot on June 6th. So six months for the shortest wait G8X. The allocation was given in March. In other words I waited only a month for the allocation, and the remain time on build, shipment and delivery. 3 weeks in German port waiting on a spot on transport ship. As I follow others in in build sub-forum I am seeing G80s taking about 10 months and G82s about 8 in this area, with the occasional earlier delivery or sometimes later, especially with individual paints.

I have no advice on how to play the allocation game. Each dealer seems to treat how they handle allocations differently. I also know that dealers will swap allocations between themselves. I was told I got my allocation quick because the sales advisor swapped a hard to spec car to a different dealer and I got my allocation from that exchange. I paid MSRP and was never offered anything different. Again this is a G83 and not under as heavy of demand as the G80.
Appreciate 1
maelfyn153.50
      12-01-2022, 07:40 PM   #255
M52M3
Omega One
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp XDrive

I ordered (on wait list/put down deposit) in Feb 22, got an allocation Aug 2nd, and drove off the lot Nov 30, long wait. G80/ M3CX
Appreciate 1
maelfyn153.50
      12-16-2022, 08:58 AM   #256
maelfyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ord View Post
I ordered a G83 (Annapolis)in Feb of 22 and drove it off the lot on June 6th. So six months for the shortest wait G8X. The allocation was given in March. In other words I waited only a month for the allocation, and the remain time on build, shipment and delivery. 3 weeks in German port waiting on a spot on transport ship. As I follow others in in build sub-forum I am seeing G80s taking about 10 months and G82s about 8 in this area, with the occasional earlier delivery or sometimes later, especially with individual paints.
Good to know that Annapolis actually gets allocations at some point... still waiting after 10 weeks for a G80 MT...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #257
M4ord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelfyn View Post
Good to know that Annapolis actually gets allocations at some point... still waiting after 10 weeks for a G80 MT...
I feel for you. The wait is unbearable at times. But you will be rewarded, I assure you.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 08:39 AM   #258
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

Quote:
Ask for Aiman at BMW of Sterling. He's been the best CA I've dealt with by such a long shot and I had deposits down at 5 different dealerships in the area. It was well worth going a little farther for me to avoid Alexandria and Fairfax.
      12-23-2022, 08:42 AM   #259
behjjeh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3, 911

ask for Kamal at Sterling BMW. and tell him Doil sent you. i bought 4 cars from him past a year. no bs or playing game.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #260
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the refs. I've talked to both dealers and while they do MSRP, they quoted around 6-8 and 7-9 months for an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 04:03 PM   #261
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the refs. I've talked to both dealers and while they do MSRP, they quoted around 6-8 and 7-9 months for an allocation.
If you want an allocation in a reasonable amount of time, you need to get one from out of the DMV. I was on Sterling’s waitlist for months earlier this year with zero movement. Got my allocation from a dealer in PA about 2.5 hours from me in MD.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 04:19 PM   #262
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you want an allocation in a reasonable amount of time, you need to get one from out of the DMV. I was on Sterling’s waitlist for months earlier this year with zero movement. Got my allocation from a dealer in PA about 2.5 hours from me in MD.
Lol yeah, you referred me to the same dealer. Still number #2 with them. I don't think they got an allocation for December so hopefully they make up for it in January. If not, it's probably going to be February.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2022, 04:24 PM   #263
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Lol yeah, you referred me to the same dealer. Still number #2 with them. I don't think they got an allocation for December so hopefully they make up for it in January. If not, it's probably going to be February.
Yeah December allocations seemed hard to come by in general. Ordinarily it seemed like they get one each month.
Appreciate 1
nosbocaj638.00
      05-04-2023, 12:17 PM   #264
CMW33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

About to place a G80 order at Alexandria BMW. Salesperson said 6 months wait time right now, and to add a month for an Individual color. Order wouldn't be picked up for at least 2-3 months so no need to decide color, etc. up front. No markup.

Does that sound right to people? Seemed directionally correct to me but curious if other people have heard different. Thanks
Appreciate 0