BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-31-2024, 06:39 PM   #23
soflonick
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 ZL1 1LE/23 Hellcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
You get nothing back. You get no credit either. With the M HAS, they do leave the adjustment tools in the trunk.

The port installers set the drop to 10mm front and rear, but from pics people have posted, it sure seems like more than a 10mm drop. I actually dropped the M HAS from my order last week worried about the drop and hitting things in my neighborhood - not worth the worry for me.

thread
I would really love to have the HAS but im kinda worried about them taken apart a brand new car. I know at the factory everything is checked & torqued spec'd QC at the plant is excellent. Any idea if the port is as thorough & torque's everything to BMW spec etc...?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 07:07 PM   #24
soflonick
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
it's annoying. I spec'd the carbon fiber exterior pack + the M Perf exhaust, so I'm paying for a carbon rear diffuser that I'm not getting.

The worst is those that spec M Perf wheels. You pay extra for the wheels, and do not get the stock wheels at all... I got my 963M wheels separately (GetBMWParts.com)
Very smart
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:10 PM   #25
SweetDee
Humble Newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue 2020 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflonick View Post
I would really love to have the HAS but im kinda worried about them taken apart a brand new car. I know at the factory everything is checked & torqued spec'd QC at the plant is excellent. Any idea if the port is as thorough & torque's everything to BMW spec etc...?
But the great thing about getting it done at port is that it’s on the sticker and covered by the full length of the factory warranty. A little pricier than getting it aftermarket but gives you a bit more peace of mind.
Appreciate 2
      01-31-2024, 08:16 PM   #26
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Getting work done at the port is considered factory. They’re good at what they do, it’s not just some stopover holding area.
Appreciate 2
      01-31-2024, 08:20 PM   #27
soflonick
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Getting work done at the port is considered factory. They’re good at what they do, it’s not just some stopover holding area.
Thanks bro, Glad to know. I'm use to really stiff suspensions so having something done by the manufacture is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:23 PM   #28
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 /// M50i /// 964 C2

Quote:
From my experience, the port installed options are done at the highest level. The vehicle distribution centers (VDC) use all BMW specs. They install many of the M Performance parts like carbon fiber exterior pieces, exhausts, etc.

There’s a bunch of posts with pictures of the VDC’s and videos. They even have full body shops and paint areas. These are state of the art facilities. I honestly prefer to have as much installed at the VDC because they do this every day. It’s also nice because you have a chance to fully inspect the car at delivery and if you find issues after the fact, it’s all under warranty.

I wouldn’t hesitate to have it installed before delivery. This weekend I’m picking up my G80 with the M Performance HAS and the CF exterior package.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2024, 08:24 PM   #29
soflonick
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDee View Post
But the great thing about getting it done at port is that it’s on the sticker and covered by the full length of the factory warranty. A little pricier than getting it aftermarket but gives you a bit more peace of mind.
Thats so awesome!! Glad BMW offers something like that. I rather pay extra and having it done professionally by BMW
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:25 PM   #30
soflonick
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtronics View Post
From my experience, the port installed options are done at the highest level. The vehicle distribution centers (VDC) use all BMW specs. They install many of the M Performance parts like carbon fiber exterior pieces, exhausts, etc.

There’s a bunch of posts with pictures of the VDC’s and videos. They even have full body shops and paint areas. These are state of the art facilities. I honestly prefer to have as much installed at the VDC because they do this every day. It’s also nice because you have a chance to fully inspect the car at delivery and if you find issues after the fact, it’s all under warranty.

I wouldn’t hesitate to have it installed before delivery. This weekend I’m picking up my G80 with the M Performance HAS and the CF exterior package.
Wow congrats!! Cant wait to see pictures and review on the HAS! thanks for the info I'm super hyped
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:28 PM   #31
dtronics
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 /// M50i /// 964 C2

Quote:
Wow congrats!! Cant wait to see pictures and review on the HAS! thanks for the info I'm super hyped
Thanks man! Feel free to DM me if you want any specific pictures.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2024, 09:13 AM   #32
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Thats so awesome!! Glad BMW offers something like that. I rather pay extra and having it done professionally by BMW
Personally from experience, port installed is preferred over dealership installed, as the VPC port staff installs these options day in and day out, whereas dealership staff doesn't have the experience due to lower volume and may even outsource install to a 3rd party due to lack of experience.
drexplode1784.50