BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-05-2024, 11:04 PM   #1
lightvol2
Lightvol2
Rep
Drives: Lexus RCF

Dealer offering 5k off MSRP | G82

Hello fellas!
I am on a mission to purchase a my first ever M vehicle.

I want to know whether you think this is a good deal. My local dealer is offering 5000 off MSRP for a brand new G82.

Would you take this deal? Would you you negotiate for more off?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 11:08 PM   #2
lightvol2
Lightvol2
Rep

MSRP is $92,845
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 11:58 PM   #3
YYYQQQ
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 MT

try to ask 10% off
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 06:03 AM   #4
Luego4u
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightvol2 View Post
Hello fellas!
I am on a mission to purchase a my first ever M vehicle.

I want to know whether you think this is a good deal. My local dealer is offering 5000 off MSRP for a brand new G82.

Would you take this deal? Would you you negotiate for more off?
It depends. Is the $5k off before the dealer applies any incentives or rebates? And, if you’re financing/leasing, are they marking up the rate? You really need those two pieces of info to understand what the true discount is.

For context, I was able to get $7,250 off (before they applied my loyalty rebate of $1500) on an M4 that had an MSRP of $94,625. So, around 7.6%. I leased, and made sure the dealer was using the base rate of .00267 (I believe it has gone down slightly for the month of January, though).

All that to say, you really need to have all of the different pieces of info to be able to evaluate the deal. It’s possible for a dealer to offer you an enticing discount, but then mark the rate up like crazy to off set it.

Regarding your particular deal, I would think there’s more room for negotiation, but that will also depend on the dealer, how long it has been sitting on the lot, etc.

Last edited by Luego4u; 01-06-2024 at 07:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 04:54 PM   #5
lightvol2
Lightvol2
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego4u View Post
It depends. Is the $5k off before the dealer applies any incentives or rebates? And, if you’re financing/leasing, are they marking up the rate? You really need those two pieces of info to understand what the true discount is.

For context, I was able to get $7,250 off (before they applied my loyalty rebate of $1500) on an M4 that had an MSRP of $94,625. So, around 7.6%. I leased, and made sure the dealer was using the base rate of .00267 (I believe it has gone down slightly for the month of January, though).

All that to say, you really need to have all of the different pieces of info to be able to evaluate the deal. It’s possible for a dealer to offer you an enticing discount, but then mark the rate up like crazy to off set it.

Regarding your particular deal, I would think there’s more room for negotiation, but that will also depend on the dealer, how long it has been sitting on the lot, etc.
Thank you for the information!

I plan to finance through my credit union. (The dealer doesn't know this)
This particular M4 has been sitting since October - November.
When emailing the dealer about pricing this the $5,000 discount is what they replied in the email.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 05:03 PM   #6
Luego4u
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Competition Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightvol2 View Post
Thank you for the information!

I plan to finance through my credit union. (The dealer doesn't know this)
This particular M4 has been sitting since October - November.
When emailing the dealer about pricing this the $5,000 discount is what they replied in the email.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I would push for a little more discount, if it were me. You’re around 5.3% now. I don’t know if your dealer is in the same position on their car as mine was, but I wouldn’t think they’d let you walk over another 1% discount, especially if it’s been sitting a while.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 02:11 PM   #7
Savvymarvy
Marvelous
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego4u View Post

What dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 05:35 PM   #8
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1911616781

5% seems like a good bogey before incentives.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 07:21 PM   #9
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

$5K of MSRP is not bad. If it’s a spec you like then get on it. New model year pricing keeps going up.