BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-24-2022, 10:47 PM   #287
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Any pics of your car bro?
Here ya go

[IMG]https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1666618007[/IMG]

I need pics as soon as that baby hits the port.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2022, 02:27 PM   #288
gp_mthree
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

I just went to my dealer as they have a G80 M3 50 Jahre in stock with bucket seats so that I can try them.

I'm 6'2" 205. I'm in okay shape. I weightlift consistently but could lose 10-15 pounds around the waist if I were being honest.

To my surprise, it wasn't the getting in and out or the back bolsters that bothered me but more of the thigh bolsters. They seemed to be a bit too restrictive. My usual resting position when driving is: left foot close to the seat and knee resting up against the side of the door. The seat was jabbing into my left thigh when in this position. Also, I have a manual on order so I'm bit scared about trying to hit the clutch pedal without the seat restricting me. Any of you driving a manual with these seats? How is it?

My question is to the people that have the seats and a little snug in them: do the thigh bolsters loosen up a bit with time, kind of like a pair of shoes conforming to your feet (break-in)? Did you find your comfort level increase as you got used to them? Did you experience that restrictive feeling at first but got over it? I really love the way they look and the feeling I get while I'm in them. They do make the car have a different vibe. I'm sure they elevate the drive as well but I'm a bit scared that they are a bit restrictive for my body type. My legs have zero fat on them so it's not like I can slim down.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 05:04 PM   #289
Asindhidude
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT. Brooklyn/Fiona

🤣🤣🤣
Thank you for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitasanger View Post
The exact comfort "you" would want, perhaps, but there are thousands of M3 drivers who aren't you.

For starters, I can't comprehend why anyone would ever advocate for fewer options in/on anything. Options are a beautiful thing. A consumer asking to have his consumer options limited is lunacy. By this logic, there'd be a single 3 series, a single 5 series, etc. And colors? Who needs them? Why not harken the ghost of Henry Ford and offer only black?

Second, an M3 is a 4-door sports sedan, for the love of Pete. Collaring family men with mandated racing seats, which will be used for taking junior to baseball practice, is preposterous. We're not talking about a McLaren, a lambo, or heck, even a vette. There's seating for 5 and 4 OLD MAN DOORS, just like your grandpa's Crown Vic. I can appreciate suspension of disbelief, believe me, I can! By all means, imagine that your trip to Starbucks is the Monaco Grand Prix, but please, don't force your delusions on the rest of us. All of us don't need orange leather and a carbon fiber dick piece.

If a person wants buckets, can afford buckets, and most importantly, can fit in buckets without bouts of exquisite, thigh-carving pain—then please, order shiny buckets. But to suggest that the ticket for entry become gate-kept by youth, agility, or the size of one's musculature/frame/BMI, is mind-numbingly ignorant.

Again, we're talking about a 4 door sedan meant for spirited driving. Loosen the leather racing suit, my man. I fear that the cramped seat, coupled with the full leather onesie has left your brain in want of oxygen.
Appreciate 2
Needsdecaf6599.00
      09-16-2023, 03:28 PM   #290
Tumik
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Hi Gents!

Waiting my G82, but it’s coming with regular seats.
Just in case is there anyone in Miami area who could give me a try to sit in them?

Got some doubts, so I want to check!)

Thank you!👌🏻
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 05:59 PM   #291
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
I wouldn’t have bought the G81 if it only had carbon buckets. Difficult to enter and exit the car, and female passengers literally laugh out loud if even looking at them. I find the sports seats very comfortable and with plenty of lateral and side support. May be a different story for me if this was a track car, but it’s my daily so it fits the bill perfectly.
Appreciate 1
MJBO2616.00
      09-17-2023, 06:37 PM   #292
Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
I’m 6.2” and 300 lbs. I’m also out of shape as I work from home and put in long hours working sitting in one place. I got a treadmill but at 56 and being heavy my entire life I doubt the Comp seats would work for me. I also have a slipped disk and really need the lumbar support. I also drive home from SC to PA 3-5 times per year. This is about 1200 miles both ways. From most reviews I’ve seen it appears on trips over 2 hours the seats can get uncomfortable. For this reason and the difficulty moving your legs and my contortions to get in and out was a hard pass for me. They look amazing and really wanted them but reality set in and I skipped them.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 09:57 PM   #293
iceRN09
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumik View Post
Hi Gents!

Waiting my G82, but it’s coming with regular seats.
Just in case is there anyone in Miami area who could give me a try to sit in them?

Got some doubts, so I want to check!)

Thank you!👌🏻
Sat on it.. i went with the buckets.. seat is comfortable but lacks specialness and it feels like i am driving a regular 3/4series.. get the full merino btw
Appreciate 1
Tumik15.00
      09-21-2023, 07:08 AM   #294
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

It’s good they offer the CF buckets for those who want them, they look amazing.
For me I prefer the standard seats just the way they are, I wanted a comfortable seat with a little sportiness to them and they are perfect at least for me.
I might feel differently if I was 25 but I’m not.
      09-21-2023, 07:33 AM   #295
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_mthree View Post
I just went to my dealer as they have a G80 M3 50 Jahre in stock with bucket seats so that I can try them.

I'm 6'2" 205. I'm in okay shape. I weightlift consistently but could lose 10-15 pounds around the waist if I were being honest.

To my surprise, it wasn't the getting in and out or the back bolsters that bothered me but more of the thigh bolsters. They seemed to be a bit too restrictive. My usual resting position when driving is: left foot close to the seat and knee resting up against the side of the door. The seat was jabbing into my left thigh when in this position. Also, I have a manual on order so I'm bit scared about trying to hit the clutch pedal without the seat restricting me. Any of you driving a manual with these seats? How is it?

My question is to the people that have the seats and a little snug in them: do the thigh bolsters loosen up a bit with time, kind of like a pair of shoes conforming to your feet (break-in)? Did you find your comfort level increase as you got used to them? Did you experience that restrictive feeling at first but got over it? I really love the way they look and the feeling I get while I'm in them. They do make the car have a different vibe. I'm sure they elevate the drive as well but I'm a bit scared that they are a bit restrictive for my body type. My legs have zero fat on them so it's not like I can slim down.
This is why I passed. I'm also 6'2", 215 lbs and (now) in good shape. But I have muscular legs and my hips are splayed open - pretty duck footed. My legs constantly are pressed into the front edge of the lower bolsters. Not that comfortable.

The lower bolsters aren't going to break in like a normal seat would. There is minimal padding and those bolsters are fully carbon. They aren't going anywhere. If you don't fit day one, you're not going to fit day one hundred.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 07:34 AM   #296
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceRN09 View Post
. seat is comfortable but lacks specialness and it feels like i am driving a regular 3/4series..
I'm sorry, but this is such a narrow minded take. "lacks specialness" and "feels like a regular 3/4 series"?

Sure.
Appreciate 1
DFW_M1671.00
      09-21-2023, 07:51 AM   #297
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I wouldn’t have bought the G81 if it only had carbon buckets. Difficult to enter and exit the car, and female passengers literally laugh out loud if even looking at them. I find the sports seats very comfortable and with plenty of lateral and side support. May be a different story for me if this was a track car, but it’s my daily so it fits the bill perfectly.
Ditto, the carbon seats look great but wasn’t interested in putting up with them day to day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Needsdecaf6599.00
Jimjamz4581.50