BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-23-2021, 05:21 PM   #485
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
So many words from you for an article quote from me so just read the article mate, whether you agree with it or not is your prerogative.
So many words because you literally quoted the article as if it proved your talking point but it doesn't. It literally prove the opposite, and showed you guys don't have a clue of what you're talking about. If it indeed said Mercedes had to change their wing then I would have agreed Mercede's old wing pushed the grey area too far but nope it didn't.

I did read the article and I have no issue with what the article is saying, I have an issue with what you're saying. That's why I'm calling you out on it. Zero mention of a wing change, hence they passed the new load tests on their current wing that you guys implied flexed due to "score marks".

So the only cheater this season is redbull and max, as they're the only ones who failed/had to make changes to accomodate nfor a new FIA test. I expect you two to uphold your harsh critiques on max the same way you bashed Lewis. From now on its dirty max, because unlike Mercedes redbull did have to make an entirely new wing to last the test.

Last edited by F87source; 11-23-2021 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 3
Steeler2430.00
inTgr8r2434.50
minn1914070.50
      11-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #486
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Everyone take a step back, Dickie's back in town.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 3
F87source7315.00
________4160.00
minn1914070.50
      11-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #487
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
He definitely was on par with Kimi and save for Ferrari's idiocy would have won the WDC in 2008.
BTW, No way Massa was on par with Kimi!!!

Just as HAM has a Golden Horseshoe up his arse Kimi is just the opposite. People forget how binding fast Kimi was at the beginning of his career with a McLaren that was constantly falling apart. He then moved to Ferrari at almost precisely the wrong time. Remember the Ferrari wind tunnel problems & steering pull rod /push rod fiasco? It's true Kimi was like a match. Burned hot and faded way too soon (Not all his fault). But I'd take him over Massa anytime. Stats aren't everything my friend but "The Peoples Champion" crushes Massa.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 05:33 PM   #488
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Everyone take a step back, Dickie's back in town.
Good. The question still is where is Mksixer.
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2021, 05:40 PM   #489
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post

Just as HAM has a Golden Horseshoe up his arse Kimi is just the opposite. People forget how binding fast Kimi was at the beginning of his career with a McLaren that was constantly falling apart. He then moved to Ferrari at almost precisely the wrong time. Remember the Ferrari wind tunnel problems & steering pull rod /push rod fiasco? It's true Kimi was like a match. Burned hot and faded way too soon (Not all his fault). But I'd take him over Massa anytime. Stats aren't everything my friend but "The Peoples Champion" crushes Massa.
All good. No offense but IMO Kimi is a bit overrated and no knock against him. He is a very good driver but not an elite one. He is a bit overrated because his "Iceman" persona, which is very interesting for sure, mystifies some of his supporters to magnify his actual driving skills beyond what it is. Cult like almost for some.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #490
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
All good. No offense but IMO Kimi is a bit overrated and no knock against him. He is a very good driver but not an elite one. He is a bit overrated because his "Iceman" persona, which is very interesting for sure, mystifies some of his supporters to magnify his actual driving skills beyond what it is. Cult like almost for some.
Agree, not elite but on the edge. Thinking "Iceman" comes more from his personality than skill. But his cult members will be sad next year. Like him or not, one of a kind for sure
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2021, 05:59 PM   #491
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
...The question still is where is Mksixer.
Good question, I keep taunting scHAM to lure him out but it hasn't worked.

Dude is like a walking, talking F1 encyclopedia!!!

Come back MKSixer
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 06:03 PM   #492
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Good. The question still is where is Mksixer.
He can't speak now , MAX is still the leader in WDC !

And of course ,this season It's all about the car ...
People speak more of a Rocket Grenade in Warp-Speed , HAM is secondary !

But the man in question said it more than once himself ...

In other words : The Mercedes car is the/a star !!!
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61216.50
      11-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #493
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
He can't speak now , MAX is still the leader in WDC !

And of course ,this season It's all about the car ...
People speak more of a Rocket Grenade in Warp-Speed , HAM is secondary !

But the man in question said it more than once himself ...

In other words : The Mercedes car is the/a star !!!
If this season's all about the car that's why max is leading right now, because up until Brazil the redbull was clearly the fastest car on the grid. Aka max is only good because if the car.
________4160.00
minn1914070.50
Bongoxxx804.00
      11-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #494
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
So many words from you for an article quote from me so just read the article mate, whether you agree with it or not is your prerogative.
The Jeddah circuit is far from ready . December 12 it will still look like a construction site ...

The main question remains , no one knows if the last asphalt layer can hold it in the hot dessert sun ..
There a big chance that the circuit will be very slippery !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61216.50
      11-23-2021, 06:16 PM   #495
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post

Any WDC is an elite driver.
Appreciate 2
minn1914070.50
      11-23-2021, 06:17 PM   #496
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Question to all. How much credence is there to Merc wanting Max and Ham vetoing that.

The second question is. If Red Bull wanted to get Ham, does anyone think that Max will attempt to derail that?

I am not going to comment on Ham vetoing it. I do think in the case of Max he will not care.

Bottom line is until both drivers are in the same team, the debate on who is better is not going to end. What is clear is both drivers are much better than their team mates who are no slouches, and for which I already won a bet.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #497
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Any WDC is an elite driver.
Depends on what you define as elite. I hear you that being a WDC is a milestone for F1 Drivers.

However, in conversations about the greatest F1 Drivers, Kimi or even Vettel in some discussions are not mentioned.
Appreciate 2
________4160.00
minn1914070.50
      11-23-2021, 06:21 PM   #498
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
If this season's all about the car that's why max is leading right now, because up until Brazil the redbull was clearly the fastest car on the grid. Aka max is only good because if the car.
MAX is always doing more with less ..
In 2020 MAX broke (sometimes) through the Mercedes dominance , and that was years ago ..
Suddenly there was a strange car in the front in another color !
Sometimes he was able to split the Mercs and suddenly F1 was back a race ...

I hear it everywhere ...We should be very thankful for MAX , otherwise F1 was ashes to ashes ..
"RIP" F1 !!!
The years of boring races are over now , thanks to MAX !
Or do you know who can be another challenger for Mercedes ?

I even heard things like ...MAX made Mercedes faster !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-23-2021 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
Autobacs1384.00
M5Rick61216.50
      11-23-2021, 06:26 PM   #499
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Question to all. How much credence is there to Merc wanting Max and Ham vetoing that.

The second question is. If Red Bull wanted to get Ham, does anyone think that Max will attempt to derail that?

I am not going to comment on Ham vetoing it. I do think in the case of Max he will not care.

Bottom line is until both drivers are in the same team, the debate on who is better is not going to end. What is clear is both drivers are much better than their team mates who are no slouches, and for which I already won a bet.
That's impossible ...Too bad . HAM doesn't wants to be MAX's teammate => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797658
Probably HAM is chicken ..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61216.50
      11-23-2021, 06:27 PM   #500
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
MAX is always doing more with less ..
In 2020 MAX broke (sometimes) through the Mercedes dominance , and that was years ago ..
Suddenly there was a strange car in the front in another color !
Sometimes he was able to split the Mercs and suddenly F1 was back a race ...

I hear it everywhere ...We should be very thankful for MAX , otherwise F1 was ashes to ashes ..
"RIP" F1 !!!
The years of boring races are over now , thanks to MAX !
Or do you know who can be another challenger for Merecedes ?

I even heard things like ...MAX made Mercedes faster !
I am very thankful for max because he's worth of f1's future, imagine if everyone was a pay driver.

However you simply cannot say Lewis is winning simply because of the w12. In the beginning of the season the w12 was miles behind the rb16b, yet Lewis was still able to win at times, this is reflective of what max was able to do last year.

So as you can see by your logic Lewis is more than just the car, just like max is more than just the car.

I also never said max was a bad driver, I was just using your logic about Lewis applied to max. Imo it's about having the machinery to win + a driver that is good enough to extract the win, hence if you put mazepin in the w11 max or Lewis still beats him in the rb16b of last year.
      11-23-2021, 06:28 PM   #501
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That's impossible ...Too bad . HAM doesn't wants to be MAX's teammate => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797658
Probably HAM is chicken ..
If he was a chicken he wouldn't have let Russel join.
Steeler2430.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      11-23-2021, 06:34 PM   #502
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Timing had something to do with it, with Bottas flailing and the threat of RB scooping up Russell.

What is clear to me is Ham has preferences and Max does not.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 06:42 PM   #503
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Timing had something to do with it, with Bottas flailing and the threat of RB scooping up Russell.

What is clear to me is Ham has preferences and Max does not.
Ham probably doesn't want another Rosberg incident, apparently that really broke the internal working of the team too.

Max doesn't care because he's driven so long without a team mate to help with strategy he probably wants someone that can keep up. Once he gets someone that can challenge him the way Rosberg did to Hamilton, his tune will probably change especially if they collide alot or the team starts to favor the second driver and car development isn't all about max.
      11-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #504
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I am very thankful for max because he's worth of f1's future, imagine if everyone was a pay driver.

However you simply cannot say Lewis is winning simply because of the w12. In the beginning of the season the w12 was miles behind the rb16b, yet Lewis was still able to win at times, this is reflective of what max was able to do last year.

So as you can see by your logic Lewis is more than just the car, just like max is more than just the car.

I also never said max was a bad driver, I was just using your logic about Lewis applied to max. Imo it's about having the machinery to win + a driver that is good enough to extract the win, hence if you put mazepin in the w11 max or Lewis still beats him in the rb16b of last year.
I see it completely otherwise ..

The Mercedes team => Where is Bottas ?
The Red Bull team => Where is Checo ?

It's actually pretty simple to understand and to see the drivers qualities over a season..

BTW : Max asked to swap cars with HAM !
Too bad HAM came only with a silly respons => https://www.sportvideos.tv/video-max...nce-swop-cars/

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61216.50
      11-23-2021, 06:48 PM   #505
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The Russell boy won't race HAM ..
Think that's part of his contract , just like with BOT .

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61216.50
DrFerry6731.50
      11-23-2021, 06:58 PM   #506
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The Russell boy won't race HAM ..
Think that's part of his contract , just like with BOT .
Well toto responded to that and said they will have equal chances to fight for the title, unless one gets really far ahead and then the second driver has to help the first. Since Lewis always pulls away from Bottas, Bottas has to help Lewis in tight championship runs.