BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
nick776
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Audio Settings

Has anyone used a microphone and proper software on a laptop to figure out optimum settings for the EQ on the HK system? If so, can you share your settings? Since the wattage decreased so much from the F30 to the G20 with respect to the HK amplifier, we get to suffer the same with our M3s (unfortunately). Toward that end, maybe some proper calibration can help--I HOPE!

Please share if anyone has done this.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 05:47 AM   #2
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick776 View Post
Has anyone used a microphone and proper software on a laptop to figure out optimum settings for the EQ on the HK system? If so, can you share your settings? Since the wattage decreased so much from the F30 to the G20 with respect to the HK amplifier, we get to suffer the same with our M3s (unfortunately). Toward that end, maybe some proper calibration can help--I HOPE!

Please share if anyone has done this.
Someone needs to use an oscilloscope to fine tune the EQ (not sure it's worth it unless it's a 11+ channel EQ) but don't forget each car and each amp have variations and settings will not be uniform. Partial leather versus full leather, carbon bucket seats versus standard seats will have a huge impact on the way EQ's should be set.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 04:18 PM   #3
nick776
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Someone needs to use an oscilloscope to fine tune the EQ (not sure it's worth it unless it's a 11+ channel EQ) but don't forget each car and each amp have variations and settings will not be uniform. Partial leather versus full leather, carbon bucket seats versus standard seats will have a huge impact on the way EQ's should be set.
Yes, someone PLEASE DO IT!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 06:22 PM   #4
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick776 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Yes, someone PLEASE DO IT!!
How many band EQ is it? Do you currently have the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 07:07 PM   #5
///MeraldCity_G82
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BSM M3C

Honestly, the HK system is so terrible I don't even know if nailing down the right settings would help.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #6
nick776
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
Honestly, the HK system is so terrible I don't even know if nailing down the right settings would help.
I agree, it is 100% TERRIBLE. I am baffled as to why they dramatically downgraded the wattage from last generation. Since that is the case, the goal here is to mitigate the "terribleness." If it is even possible, someone with the right equipment needs to do it. I don't have the equipment or else I would do it myself.
Appreciate 0