BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-03-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
RcktMan77
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 (G80)

Split Screen on Console Display?

On earlier BMW M3/M4 models there was a way to setup a split screen configuration where you could; for example, have nav showing in one portion of the display and then the currently playing song info and album art shown in the other portion.

I realize with the move to widgets in newer versions of the iDrive software this may be redundant, but I ask if it is an available option, because I used to be able to have the currently playing song info provided from a Sirius/XM satellite radio channel displayed while using apps from CarPlay.

CarPlay can show you the currently playing song from its own apps (i.e., Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, etc.). But, from what I can tell displaying the song info from HD Radio or satellite radio alongside CarPlay is no longer possible, or is there a way to do this that I've overlooked?

Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 04:26 PM   #2
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

i dont think it's possible but you can have the current playing song on the instrument panel in both normal and M modes.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 07:23 PM   #3
RcktMan77
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 (G80)

Yes, I did see that you can add that gadget as an item to the instrument panel. It's just not in as big of a space, and in a location that I would prefer to have other conventional information displayed. I guess I'll just get used to it.
Appreciate 0