G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

05-04-2022, 08:11 PM   #309
tianzilin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjos123 View Post
From what I understand, this person is in Halifax.
So the halifax guy only know the status of the guy once the car is on the ship (which is about the same as we can see here as the BOL).

Is there someone we can talk to that can answer the questions "WHAT IS THE PLAN WITH SHIPPING OUR CAR?"

that's probably wishful thinking given my CA never respond anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:24 PM   #310
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4C Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianzilin View Post
So the halifax guy only know the status of the guy once the car is on the ship (which is about the same as we can see here as the BOL).

Is there someone we can talk to that can answer the questions "WHAT IS THE PLAN WITH SHIPPING OUR CAR?"

that's probably wishful thinking given my CA never respond anyway.
They can't unfortunately.
My CA's manager even called BMW Canada regional manager this week but was told they have no ideas about shipping plan either. Pushing them won't speed things up.
For my understanding, they can mark some cars as priority but they cannot control shipping in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:28 PM   #311
tianzilin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisziqitho View Post
Thanks for sharing! if those are arrival dates then I guess
May 12th is EA215 from Zeebrugge
May 15th is EA217 from Bremerhaven
May 20th is EA218 from Zeebrugge

Not sure which one is for May 16th
Zeebrugge only ships BMW Mini so our cars won't on those vessels.

The only hope is TOLEDO (EA217) departing tomorrow.

Zeebrugee does ship regular BMW. See AEA215Z3 for example. I think Southampton only ships mini.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:31 PM   #312
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Zeebrugee does ship regular BMW. See AEA215Z3 for example. I think Southampton only ships mini.
Those are all MINI.
VIN number starting from WM are MINIs

They ship BMW cars for NewYork, only MINIs for Halifax
Attached Images

Last edited by whoisziqitho; 05-04-2022 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:37 PM   #313
tianzilin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Those are all MINI.
VIN number starting from WM are MINIs
Sorry if you look at Z1, these are regular BMW ship from Zeebrugee
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:40 PM   #314
whoisziqitho
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sorry if you look at Z1, these are regular BMW ship from Zeebrugee
Yeah but those are going to NY
I've looked at history vessels from Zeebrugge, no BMW cars for Halifax unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 08:41 PM   #315
tianzilin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yeah but those are going to NY
I've looked at history vessels from Zeebrugge, no BMW cars for Halifax unfortunately
Ah, I see what you mean ......
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 09:10 PM   #316
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
Well I think you and I are car twins from the Lexus IS350, BMW 340i and now (hopefully) M3. So naturally the E53 in common as a potential option is expected lol
I think the total lack of logic with RAM closures and shipments (along with having absolutely no clue about the ETA) has gotten the best of me. I feel like the hype has faded and I'm not even excited to receive the car anymore.
That's too bad, because the G8x is a tremendous car. As time goes by I feel like I can't justify the amount of money for the little excitation that's left.

Or maybe I moved on and need a different type of car, after all.
Appreciate 1
benjos123241.50
      05-04-2022, 10:06 PM   #317
Cadure
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromotive View Post
I think the total lack of logic with RAM closures and shipments (along with having absolutely no clue about the ETA) has gotten the best of me. I feel like the hype has faded and I'm not even excited to receive the car anymore.
That's too bad, because the G8x is a tremendous car. As time goes by I feel like I can't justify the amount of money for the little excitation that's left.

Or maybe I moved on and need a different type of car, after all.
Sad to say that I was just having those feelings today, as a matter of fact.
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2022, 07:57 AM   #318
Cee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Such an amazing experience with BMW Ag . If all this information was not available I guess we would be none the wiser, unfortunately for BMW the cat is out of the bag and I don’t know about you but as a first time Bmw customer I can now say for sure that this will be my first & last car from them. I can’t figure who in the right mind was in charge of their logistics? What was their MO? Oh let’s blame everything on parts shortage…all the VPCs down south average RAM hold was 2 weeks ( not 4-6 months like us)…so that excuse didn’t work either .If their idea was let’s keep current customers happy, that didn’t work…as well as new customer happy…that didn’t work. If you look,I think since we are such a small market in Canada , clearly their priority was their biggest markets and the rest of us got treated like chumps. What’s another 3-4% , they can easily recover that with other markets.
To top it off , no information provided to BMW Canada distribution and sales.( if you want to be cynical , one could think they do get told only that info is not favourable so it’s not passed on to us..and the hot potato gets shifted from C to Ag).
Pfewww rant over LOL.
Now a couple of days to see if car is on Toledo…..as they say hope dies last
Appreciate 2
      05-05-2022, 08:02 AM   #319
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

I think we can all agree that this whole experience has been less than stellar. What I'm wondering is if it's worthwhile to have a letter drafted and signed off by all of us on here, relaying a formal complaint to BMW Canada on how things have been handled. We can request some type of compensation by way of complimentary driver training or other services (wear and tear, wheel and tire protection, etc). I've heard rumblings that some American customers have gotten the driver training days for free.

Last edited by Kimchiguy79; 05-05-2022 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
benjos123241.50
      05-05-2022, 08:31 AM   #320
breadwoman
Rep
Drives: m235i

Think we just need to wait it out. Short term resale should be favorable given the BMW/used car supply situation. We should be able to drive the car for at least a year without losing any value. Been thinking about the Model S tbh.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 08:48 AM   #321
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
Such an amazing experience with BMW Ag . If all this information was not available I guess we would be none the wiser, unfortunately for BMW the cat is out of the bag and I don’t know about you but as a first time Bmw customer I can now say for sure that this will be my first & last car from them. I can’t figure who in the right mind was in charge of their logistics? What was their MO? Oh let’s blame everything on parts shortage…all the VPCs down south average RAM hold was 2 weeks ( not 4-6 months like us)…so that excuse didn’t work either .If their idea was let’s keep current customers happy, that didn’t work…as well as new customer happy…that didn’t work. If you look,I think since we are such a small market in Canada , clearly their priority was their biggest markets and the rest of us got treated like chumps. What’s another 3-4% , they can easily recover that with other markets.
To top it off , no information provided to BMW Canada distribution and sales.( if you want to be cynical , one could think they do get told only that info is not favourable so it’s not passed on to us..and the hot potato gets shifted from C to Ag).
Pfewww rant over LOL.
Now a couple of days to see if car is on Toledo…..as they say hope dies last
Can you honestly say that you would have had a vastly better experience with another manufacturer?

I hear VAG is in even worse shape.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 09:07 AM   #322
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post
Can you honestly say that you would have had a vastly better experience with another manufacturer?

I can say that other manufacturers have been realistic and more logical in their delivery timelines. It really boils down to ONE concept. First in, first out.
VAG, Mercedes, and any of the other luxury makers are delivering cars in the order that they received, even if delayed many months.
BMW is just randomly producing and delivering product.
Appreciate 1
benjos123241.50
      05-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #323
Kev519
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 330i

I don't know the current state of things with VAG and other manufacturers, but when I compare this process to how things went when I ordered my Porsche in spring of 2021, I can honestly say this is a mess and has taken much longer.

For comparison sake, my Porsche dates were...
Production completed July 19
Exit Emden port July 23
Arrive at Halifax port Aug.9
Hold at Halifax port for a month for EPA certification on new 2022 models.
Arrive at dealership Sept.8.
Through the process, I received regular updates from the dealership and from Porsche Canada. It was totally smooth and the estimated dates were met. (Maybe I used up all my goodwill from the 'Car Gods' haha)

However, with BMW...
My incoming M340 was produced in October, took 6 months to close the RAM recall, and now waiting 1.5 months and counting to ship.
The dealership told me this week that they have no update from BMW Canada, despite telling me previously that it should be on an April vessel (not to mention the other ETA's that came and went). So my car is likely still sitting somewhere in Germany with the cars everyone else is waiting for.

My frustrations stem from how BMW has handled it all. The lack of transparency and communication. Producing thousands of other cars while recall cars waited for parts (safe to assume those RAM's went into new cars with the very same options). And shipping newer cars before recall cars, etc. If I had known it would be like this, I would have gone a different route.

I fully understand the state of the world at the moment, but BMW is still producing and shipping 100's (1000's?) of cars every day worldwide. Along with all other large manufacturers. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that BMW cars that were produced in 2021 are still at Germany ports and that they have no updates for many of us, is laughable.

Last edited by Kev519; 05-05-2022 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 4
      05-05-2022, 10:38 AM   #324
Kev519
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchiguy79 View Post
I think we can all agree that this whole experience has been less than stellar. What I'm wondering is if it's worthwhile to have a letter drafted and signed off by all of us on here, relaying a formal complaint to BMW Canada on how things have been handled. We can request some type of compensation by way of complimentary driver training or other services (wear and tear, wheel and tire protection, etc). I've heard rumblings that some American customers have gotten the driver training days for free.
This isn't a bad idea.
I thought I read on another thread that someone got $1000 or $1500 credit after the dealership reached out to the regional rep about the delays. I think it was a US customer. After seeing that I mentioned to my salesperson that maybe we should be talking to the regional rep to see if they can offer anything, and I didn't get a response. Stellar service...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 11:36 AM   #325
Cadure
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Maybe we should do a Freedom Convoy to BMW Canada Head Office?

…too soon?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 11:51 AM   #326
dteam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadure View Post
Maybe we should do a Freedom Convoy to BMW Canada Head Office?

…too soon?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #327
dteam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 xdrive

BTW i wrote to wallenius wilhelmsen and provided my vin et they responded :

Good day,
Unfortunately no. We can only check in our system with booking or BL number.

If interested, the contact is:

Roberto Martinez

Wallenius Wilhelmsen

San Salvador, El Salvador

Tel: +1 201 505 4000 I Cisco Ext: 7968

E-mail: roberto.martinez@walwil.com

Group E-mail: CustomerCareAmericas@2wglobal.com

Web: www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 04:31 PM   #328
Cee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM4CX View Post

I didn’t order another vehicle in the last year except the G80 so I can’t compare except using friends’ experiences with other manufacturers. So honestly I don’t know first hand. But VAG allegedly in worse shape is just deflection , hmmm just because one apple is less rotten than another doesn’t mean it’s a good apple they are both bad apples.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 08:20 PM   #329
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C G80

So, I guess its my turn to rant. I have been feeling some type of way today. I am not a malicious person, I am happy for other people's success and push everyone around me to always do better.

Today, I have seen practically every Quebec dealerships post about delivering or a G80 or a G82. We all know these people had 2022 production dates.

To add to that, one of my best buddies is taking delivery of his G82 (feb production) on Monday-Tuesday. Of course I am happy for him!! But it does makes me feel like I am missing out.. lol

Have any of you have anxiety yet? I know I am being repetitive based on this thread.. theres absolutely nothing anyone can do to accelerate the process.

We clearly have geniuses on this thread figuring out BOL's and Booking #'s. This is more than what that distribution person can do or share.

For this, thank you to all! It will happen one day for all of us.. stay strong!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 08:43 PM   #330
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev519 View Post

My frustrations stem from how BMW has handled it all. The lack of transparency and communication. Producing thousands of other cars while recall cars waited for parts (safe to assume those RAM's went into new cars with the very same options). And shipping newer cars before recall cars, etc. If I had known it would be like this, I would have gone a different route.

I fully understand the state of the world at the moment, but BMW is still producing and shipping 100's (1000's?) of cars every day worldwide. Along with all other large manufacturers. As far as I'm concerned, the fact that BMW cars that were produced in 2021 are still at Germany ports and that they have no updates for many of us, is laughable.
I live very close to the biggest volume BMW dealer in Quebec (first or second in Canada every year). Ironically this is not where I ordered my G80.
I can see every truck unloading cars, including G8x, everyday (and night). I'm willing to bet serious money none of those were 2021 productions. That's the biggest frustration, indeed.
Appreciate 0