BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-20-2021, 09:01 PM   #45
james550imanual
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw x5, g80 M3

It could take a while. My company supplies major electronics to OEMS and it'll be a good year before the chipmakers catch up. Production plans are being cut well into 2022 across the entire industry.

It'll actually get worse at the end of the year as the entire supply chain is about out of any safety stock/inventory and on the verge of collapse. Now everyone from Apple to Yamaha is in line for chips.

You'll start to hear more and more plant shutdowns from each OEMs as we approach summer.

Not sure what this means for m3 production but I'm sure bmw will ration and prioritize Chips on cars with the highest profit margins..x5s????
50M105.00
      05-21-2021, 05:04 PM   #46
mlover789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: IG: m3npae - M3C G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
I’m starting to think I can do without the exec pack. Laser lights sound kind of cool but do they change the looks of the car at all? Thinking not much if at all. I’m am looking to order an awd as soon as possible (dealer has me at #1 spot on list) , they may not even be available. Remote engine start, gesture control , power tailgate, heated steering wheel ? None of those mean much to me. I would miss hud but to save roughy 90$ on monthly payment (3200$ on a three year lease) I can live without it . Wireless charging is nice but another poster said his doesn’t really work.
Totally with you on this. I ordered a base m3c because the options are all first world problems haha. I do know the blue Lazer light is the only look change and I can live without it for 3k. I also can live without the Cf trim for 950 bux, only dudes will care anyways. Got the blue seats so ladies can take their selfies (if i can get ladies) lol.
Appreciate 1