BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-27-2022, 11:07 PM   #221
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolked View Post
I'm from the east coast thread. A bunch of us were in the same situation. We were in transit and then switched back to the port within 48 hours and have been waiting at the port since.
Yeah, NightWriter and G82Anxious went through the exact same thing before they found their way into a ship. Bait and switch is what it feels like. Hang in there, you gotta figure you guys are closer than you were before.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2022, 06:22 AM   #222
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

FYI...

Status from LA: Still some backup, but a lot better

Checking In On Southern California’s Containership Backup

06-28-2022, 12:28 PM   #223
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
FYI...

Status from LA: Still some backup, but a lot better

Checking In On Southern California’s Containership Backup

I think this is Long Beach and Port of LA, no? I am not sure if it's affected Hueneme.

Regardless... seems like people are flying into "in transit" and I've been left behind (still at port).

Wondering if I order a 2023 if it'll come faster, considering it seems like orders were placed within the last month or so and are already in transit.

Honestly, I think I ordered at the exact wrong time. Right in February as soon as everything started to turn to sh*t with both COVID and the war. My car was sitting at "scheduled for production" for months and flipped back to "order received" - now it seems like they're trying to push out as many new orders as possible and those that ordered early are being pushed back in line.

The conspiracy theorist in me (which rarely comes out) thinks they know that I have a current car on lease with BMW (which my CA is letting me out of early as soon as my new car comes). It's a 2020 M4 from November 2019, with under 12,000 miles. Honestly, one of the main reasons I'm getting my car at MSRP is because I agreed not to buy my current car and sell it to a third party and return it directly to my dealer since they can absolutely make a huge profit on selling the car used (as could I if I paid it off for cash and sold it). I thought the lesser hassle would be to just play ball and turn it in (which it probably still will be... just a few months after I had expected).
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #224
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I think this is Long Beach and Port of LA, no? I am not sure if it's affected Hueneme.
You're correct; Sorry, I had assumed that Hueneme was the same port -- my geographic knowledge of LaLa land is a little vague -- though it's probably safe to assume that the challenges impacting LA / LB are likely impacting Hueneme as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Regardless... seems like people are flying into "in transit" and I've been left behind (still at port).

Wondering if I order a 2023 if it'll come faster, considering it seems like orders were placed within the last month or so and are already in transit.

Honestly, I think I ordered at the exact wrong time. Right in February as soon as everything started to turn to sh*t with both COVID and the war.
I ordered just a few weeks later (in early March), and there've definitely been some delays -- including 5 weeks sitting at port -- but I know that some have suffered for far longer. I wouldn't beat myself up over it; there was no way of knowing at the time what events would transpire, and besides, I think people who ordered last November/December had it worse with respect to stop sales that often dragged on for months.

Best of luck moving forward expeditiously!
      06-28-2022, 12:44 PM   #225
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
You're correct; Sorry, I had assumed that Hueneme was the same port -- my geographic knowledge of LaLa land is a little vague -- though it's probably safe to assume that the challenges impacting LA / LB are likely impacting Hueneme as well.

I ordered just a few weeks later (in early March), and there've definitely been some delays -- including 5 weeks sitting at port -- but I know that some have suffered for far longer. I wouldn't beat myself up over it; there was no way of knowing at the time what events would transpire, and besides, I think people who ordered last November/December had it worse with respect to stop sales that often dragged on for months.

Best of luck moving forward expeditiously!
I think we were in that "limbo" period with everything going on, which was worse for some before us, but seemingly *much* smoother for those who ordered april/may.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 12:49 PM   #226
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 X-Drive Comp.

what i hate seeing is me being a week 19 build sitting at port for 6 weeks and today, week 24 builds are on a ship. And sadly, no one at BMW can give any reasoning behind this.

My only hope is that by the time the car comes BMW is offering some sweet financing rate on "remaining 2022 models" and that'll make the wait worth it.
Driving: 2022 M3CX | Skyscraper Grey | Full leather Silverstone Interior | Carbon Fiber Trim | M Carbon Bucket Seats | Parking Pack | Executive Pack | Laser Lights | M Shadowline Lights | 826M Jet Black Wheels | Red Calipers
Appreciate 3
SaMaster144445.00
Mark Kez2201.50
      06-28-2022, 01:08 PM   #227
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_phxz View Post
what i hate seeing is me being a week 19 build sitting at port for 6 weeks and today, week 24 builds are on a ship. And sadly, no one at BMW can give any reasoning behind this.

My only hope is that by the time the car comes BMW is offering some sweet financing rate on "remaining 2022 models" and that'll make the wait worth it.
It’s a good thing I’m not a huge fan of iDrive8, and since I’m coming from the F8x platform (since early 2015), iDrive7 and the digital gauge will be a welcome change for me, and should keep me technologically happy with my car. I know these iPad screens are the way of the future, but it just seems “wrong” in an ICE car. Planning on keeping this M3 a while, and will likely add something electric/hybrid to the stable down the line.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 03:51 PM   #228
jummo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX 2023 x1

The Tannhauser is currently parked at Zeebrugge and the Goliath Leader at Bremerhaven.
Two good chances.
Appreciate 2
Grrveer87.50
SaMaster144445.00
      06-28-2022, 04:14 PM   #229
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Ok, I’m challenging my inner Negrodamus (I’m an African American) and predicting both you and SaMaster are on a ship by the end of next week! I’m pretty good at this, I’ve been helping folks keep hope alive for over three months!! You’re close I can feel it!!
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144445.00
      06-28-2022, 04:44 PM   #230
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kez View Post
Ok, I’m challenging my inner Negrodamus (I’m an African American) and predicting both you and SaMaster are on a ship by the end of next week! I’m pretty good at this, I’ve been helping folks keep hope alive for over three months!! You’re close I can feel it!!
I sure hope you're correct!
Driving: 2022 M3CX | Skyscraper Grey | Full leather Silverstone Interior | Carbon Fiber Trim | M Carbon Bucket Seats | Parking Pack | Executive Pack | Laser Lights | M Shadowline Lights | 826M Jet Black Wheels | Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 04:45 PM   #231
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

Quote:
Lol not me? Why am I left out
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:00 PM   #232
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocox3m View Post
Lol not me? Why am I left out
I honestly thought you’d already caught a ship!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:02 PM   #233
M3coco
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I honestly thought you’d already caught a ship!!
Lol, I'm just kidding. I wish I had already shipped, but I'm waiting with the two other fellows from the West Coast
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:12 PM   #234
jummo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX 2023 x1

Quote:
what i hate seeing is me being a week 19 build sitting at port for 6 weeks and today, week 24 builds are on a ship. it.
What is with all the hate on Week 24ers. I was gonna be Week 13 once upon a time.
I do not begrudge those who slid in and got their cars ahead of me.
This whole thing is quite random and without rhyme or anything.
Does it really matter if you wait at port or you wait for a new production date?

It's just more frustrating the closer you get I suppose, but we are all doing our share of waiting.

But it would be okay if my car got on a boat today.

jummo
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:17 PM   #235
G82Anxious
At The Port
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jummo View Post
Quote:
what i hate seeing is me being a week 19 build sitting at port for 6 weeks and today, week 24 builds are on a ship. it.
What is with all the hate on Week 24ers. I was gonna be Week 13 once upon a time.
I do not begrudge those who slid in and got their cars ahead of me.
This whole thing is quite random and without rhyme or anything.
Does it really matter if you wait at port or you wait for a new production date?

It's just more frustrating the closer you get I suppose, but we are all doing our share of waiting.

But it would be okay if my car got on a boat today.

jummo
It's not specifically HATE. It's the bullshit that should never happen. Imaging going to the grocery store and you're in line for the cashier but every 10 minute they keep putting you behind the line again without any reason. What would you do? I imagine drop everything and walk out. Except in this case if you do that the wait gets longer!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:46 PM   #236
M3coco
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82Anxious View Post
It's not specifically HATE. It's the bullshit that should never happen. Imaging going to the grocery store and you're in line for the cashier but every 10 minute they keep putting you behind the line again without any reason. What would you do? I imagine drop everything and walk out. Except in this case if you do that the wait gets longer!
I agree with you 100%, it's frustrating. They would feel the same way if they were in our shoes. It's nothing personal
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2022, 05:50 PM   #237
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Crossing my fingers right there with you!! Appreciate the good vibes
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 06:06 PM   #238
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Lol, I'm just kidding. I wish I had already shipped, but I'm waiting with the two other fellows from the West Coast
There are/were a few ‘Coco-) type/like names that I’ve been following!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 10:54 PM   #239
evobeatsti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah last week Monday I called and they told me the same.. That i am now at the "Port of Exit" and I should see movement that week. But I didn't and still I wait..
SaMaster14 petrol_phxz Ughhh this is seriously pissing me off. The geniuses are now saying that this is a very unusual case, all of us being stuck at port for this long and moving into transit and then back to port. She set me up with a case manager (in sure that won't do anything). So there's like 3 of us stuck in this situation?
Yep I'm in this situation, they told me it was strange too, I'll ask for a case manager when I call them tomorrow!
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144445.00
      06-28-2022, 10:55 PM   #240
evobeatsti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Quote:
SaMaster14 petrol_phxz Ughhh this is seriously pissing me off. The geniuses are now saying that this is a very unusual case, all of us being stuck at port for this long and moving into transit and then back to port. She set me up with a case manager (in sure that won't do anything). So there's like 3 of us stuck in this situation?
When did you first "Arrive at port"? I'd like to get a "case manager" as well as I'm really losing faith i'm getting on any ship this month.

My buddy is getting an I4 and just sent me 2 order sheets he received that are P3 (dealer inventory). They were built on 5/30 and both already at the VPC at Port Hueneme in the states. Ridiculous.
5/11 for me…
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 07:39 AM   #241
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

CocoX3m - Have you heard anything from your "case manager"? Tannhauser is waiting to leave Zeebrugge and Goliath Leader is still at Bremerhaven. I was planning on waiting for both to leave before I call and start complaining. 7 weeks...

Last edited by petrol_phxz; 06-29-2022 at 08:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 09:12 AM   #242
Jacob54322
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

Hey guys, where is the tannhauser leaving and where is it going. Got to the port on May 26t… a little over a month. Just curious if anyone is waiting to get to port huenume like me.
Appreciate 0