Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-25-2024, 11:07 AM   #23
Jasinedward
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m850i Xdrive Gran Cou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22M340iAZ View Post
Do you know when by ?? I plan to install it and a lot of the videos out with the wiring I’m scared to do because of the massive amount of cuts when doing that part
you don't have to "cut" anything.... you slide the connector out of the harness and slide the new piece in, then connect the other ends of the wires together.... then you depin the power wire from the next harness down and make your connections.... It sounds worse than it really is.... The toughest part is identifying the power wire....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 11:38 AM   #24
22M340iAZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasinedward View Post
you don't have to "cut" anything.... you slide the connector out of the harness and slide the new piece in, then connect the other ends of the wires together.... then you depin the power wire from the next harness down and make your connections.... It sounds worse than it really is.... The toughest part is identifying the power wire....
Ye that’s the part I’m having trouble with I’ll, figure it out when I actually go and do it but I’m just trying to do it without actually seeing anything
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 11:50 AM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22M340iAZ View Post
Do you know when by ?? I plan to install it and a lot of the videos out with the wiring I’m scared to do because of the massive amount of cuts when doing that part
not sure yet, we have had long delays with filming in the last 6 months but im hoping that ends soon

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 12:29 PM   #26
christianb5s4
Captain
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Something else to consider in terms of fuel hat vs pre-rail closer to the engine. If you’re analyzing at the hat, there is still potential for less E content in the fuel lines after that all the way to the engine. Now, is that enough volume to cause an issue with too much timing when your content isn’t exactly that at the injectors/rail or does that fuel get used up quickly enough? I don’t have a definitive answer, but generally, if that’s a concern, just drive it for at least 5 min at the stable E measurement before you beat on it and it should be fine, but it’s definitely something to be mindful of.
That's a very good point, thanks for sharing.
      04-25-2024, 05:48 PM   #27
Mapper
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Something else to consider in terms of fuel hat vs pre-rail closer to the engine. If you’re analyzing at the hat, there is still potential for less E content in the fuel lines after that all the way to the engine. Now, is that enough volume to cause an issue with too much timing when your content isn’t exactly that at the injectors/rail or does that fuel get used up quickly enough? I don’t have a definitive answer, but generally, if that’s a concern, just drive it for at least 5 min at the stable E measurement before you beat on it and it should be fine, but it’s definitely something to be mindful of.
I asked the gents at bootmod regarding this idea... they said non issue. Fuel read at fuel hat will be what is seen in cylinder by the time you drive out of the station.. said no one.does a WOT right from the pump. Lol.
Appreciate 0