Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Here you go.
That's such a stunning spec. Wow. Thank you.
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2021, 05:06 PM   #398
shainblm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

I have not seen Dravit in person. Is there any hint of copper in it in person?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 08:42 PM   #399
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shainblm View Post
I have not seen Dravit in person. Is there any hint of copper in it in person?
Sort of. It's more a gold flake in direct sunlight but does have a brown/copper shine in some lighting situations too. Personally I love the base color but hate the gold flake effect in the sun.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #400
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
For those who have this color (Which I have on order too), is it a major PITA to maintain? Its depth has me wondering if this color is really no difference than sapphire black in regards to maintenance. Or is it worse.

Since my order keeps being delayed, I have been tempted to switch my dravit order to either black sapphire or even frozen grey.
      11-12-2021, 10:36 AM   #401
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
I had a Brands Hatch Gray F92 M8, which is a similar color (minus the gold hue) and it was no problem to maintain, always looked great. Just had ceramic coating on it, and was garage kept, but it was no problem.
Appreciate 1
BIGW0RM3157.50
      11-12-2021, 11:31 AM   #402
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
For those who have this color (Which I have on order too), is it a major PITA to maintain? Its depth has me wondering if this color is really no difference than sapphire black in regards to maintenance. Or is it worse.

Since my order keeps being delayed, I have been tempted to switch my dravit order to either black sapphire or even frozen grey.
I have Dravit and don’t find it to be hard to maintain at all. The opposite actually.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #403
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
I have Dravit and don’t find it to be hard to maintain at all. The opposite actually.
Excellent. Thank you for the vote of confidence.
      11-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #404
Alarmin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Dravit owners with the external CF package - is the CF hard to discern from the dravit paint? Or is it pretty apparent that the parts are CF?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #405
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
Dravit owners with the external CF package - is the CF hard to discern from the dravit paint? Or is it pretty apparent that the parts are CF?
It's pretty apparent but not super in your face. To me, I really like the front with the CF exterior package. I wish the front was the same design as the carbon but in gloss black. If that were the case, I wouldn't get the carbon package.
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2021, 01:04 PM   #406
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post

The gray hides the dust very well. I've sometimes given it a quick wipe down with Detailer spray and a bunch of microfibre cloths and it looks a million bucks again.
Appreciate 1
BIGW0RM3157.50
      11-12-2021, 05:59 PM   #407
weags12
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp Xdrive

Well my Dravit over Silverstone went into production today!

Glad to hear maintenance isnt too bad. My Denali xl is black and a real pain in the rear to keep clean.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #408
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

New name tag for Bahamut. About time! Lighting today was perfect too!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      11-18-2021, 05:10 AM   #409
WHITEUNDERARM
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [10.00]
2022   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
Any pics of the inside of your car?

I would love to see Dravit over Silverstone with buckets as it's what i've ordered.
JustChris17489.00
      11-18-2021, 09:05 AM   #410
Bahamut
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITEUNDERARM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
Any pics of the inside of your car?

I would love to see Dravit over Silverstone with buckets as it's what i've ordered.
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27605606

Posted earlier in this thread. Evening shots. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 05:09 PM   #411
mahmoodster
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmin View Post
It's pretty apparent but not super in your face. To me, I really like the front with the CF exterior package. I wish the front was the same design as the carbon but in gloss black. If that were the case, I wouldn't get the carbon package.
@Alarmin I agree 100% with HeelToeShift
the best part of the exterior CF package, no matter what color the car is, is the front because it deletes the honeycomb face on the bottom
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13473.50
      11-19-2021, 10:56 AM   #412
Automotive Goals
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2018 M550i, 2022 M4

Official DRAVIT GREY G80 M3 / G82 M4 Thread

Hello to everyone!

Long time BMW fanatic and a long time car guy (probably since I was born). I had a lot of bimmers last few years. Some include:

2020 M4cs
2019 M850i
2018 M4 comp
2014 M5 comp
2008 M3 Convertible
2000 M5 (still have this one)

Recently moved down to South Florida and my friend that visits me and I learned a lot about Turo Rental. Especially due to me selling my M4cs right before moving down here. We came to realize that Turo is one of the greatest finds, for car people (obviously depending on what car you rent).

My friend is also a very strong BMW believer and owner. We decided to purchase this M4 Convertible and put it up on Turo, so that people can enjoy and experience this car, just like we have been enjoying a lot of different cars on Turo. BMW is very close to our heart, so we could not think of a better car to provide as rental for the community.

Car is amazing. I learned this when we rented a 2021 M4 Manual and 2021 M3 Comp. BMW really does keep making the Ultimate Driving Machine! The Dravit Gray color is amazing and goes great with the Orange interior. Very happy with the spec we were able to find (was not easy to get one right now).

Car is up on Turo now, if anyone is interested:

https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/un...series/1246612

Here is a short video of us taking delivery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg1lHGHsXVc

Here are some photos. Hope you guys enjoy looking at the photos as much as we do!
Attached Images

11-20-2021, 12:28 AM   #413
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

@Automotive Goals - Beautiful shots of a gorgeous convertible. Wish you lived closer so I could rent it for the weekend. TURO is a very unique service & love the fact you put this on there. You guys are much more trusting then me!

2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 02:28 PM   #414
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoodster View Post
I ordered DG with Fjord Blue. Coming in less than a month. It'll probably be the first with that combo in the history of mankind because I realized too late that it may be the wrong combo. But who knows, it might actually look OK the more I think about it (and try to convince myself lol). I will definitely post here when it gets delivered. Hopefully it will be to say that it actually looks good instead of "don't do this at home!"
Bring this baby home yet? We need pics!
      11-21-2021, 06:47 PM   #415
mahmoodster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Quote:
I ordered DG with Fjord Blue. Coming in less than a month. It'll probably be the first with that combo in the history of mankind because I realized too late that it may be the wrong combo. But who knows, it might actually look OK the more I think about it (and try to convince myself lol). I will definitely post here when it gets delivered. Hopefully it will be to say that it actually looks good instead of "don't do this at home!"
Wow, you read my mind! Was actually planning on posting pics soon and kept thinking about making time for it this week.

Took some pics in three different settings (no sun/nighttime, overcast/sunset, and sunny) to showcase the DG and FB combo. I'm so happy with it. Everyone, including myself, loves it and, in person, there is nothing that makes one think they don't go together.

Looking forward to seeing what you all think. I'm sure there will be some critics, LOL, but that's OK. I'll be posting more because of the of the 10-picture limit in a separate thread and will post a link to it later.

OK here you go. And thanks for pushing me to post the pics sooner than I had planned!
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #416
mahmoodster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, you read my mind! Was actually planning on posting pics soon and kept thinking about making time for it this week.

Took some pics in three different settings (no sun/nighttime, overcast/sunset, and sunny) to showcase the DG and FB combo. I'm so happy with it. Everyone, including myself, loves it and, in person, there is nothing that makes one think they don't go together.

Looking forward to seeing what you all think. I'm sure there will be some critics, LOL, but that's OK. I'll be posting more because of the of the 10-picture limit in a separate thread and will post a link to it later.

OK here you go. And thanks for pushing me to post the pics sooner than I had planned!
@yousefnjr I keep on having issues posting the pics. Trying again now with less at a time. Here's no sun…
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
yousefnjr6159.00
JustChris17489.00
      11-21-2021, 06:52 PM   #417
mahmoodster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@yousefnjr I keep on having issues posting the pics. Trying again now with less at a time. Here's no sun…
Here's close to sunset time
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #418
mahmoodster
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here's close to sunset time
And here's a sunnier day (got windows tinted at that point)
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
yousefnjr6159.00
JMU_BMW152.50
seis-speed2430.50
Lifted55.50