BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-22-2023, 04:14 PM   #23
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

There is a also an important distinction to be made between dealers, who are individual private businesses, and BMW NA. BMW pays the dealer for warranty work. Some dealers may be more or less “mod friendly” but ultimately it is BMW and not the dealer that makes a final decision on a warranty claim.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 05:05 PM   #24
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Go to an Audi form and look. You'll find it.
Well I guess you deserve that if you buy an Audi . If it ain’t RS6, then the car sucks anyway
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 05:18 PM   #25
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
I’m the first one to call BS when people say your warranty is still good with a tune or other mods that are not. Again, I’ve had every brand and every M 3/4 since 99. Have had all sorts of warranty work done with the basic bolt ons. Never had a single question about an intake or a muffler. Lol. Yes BMW has lawyers. DuH. I would think they would lose a case if your tranny blows up and you have an air intake. So if your the type of person who is actually going to worry about losing your warranty for those mods. DO NOT MOD your cars ever. It’s not your game. Lol
So let’s not confuse things here.

I never said don’t mod or worry. There is no need to make assumptions about personalities here.

Discussion was centered around comments that u are for sure protected and if they try to say no just go to small claims court and u will win and somehow that will make dealership nervous and just fix your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 06:17 PM   #26
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
So let’s not confuse things here.

I never said don’t mod or worry. There is no need to make assumptions about personalities here.

Discussion was centered around comments that u are for sure protected and if they try to say no just go to small claims court and u will win and somehow that will make dealership nervous and just fix your car.
I’m saying don’t mod your car if you are sweating a air intake. Again. Since we are
On the. mW forum. Someone
Please show me where they got rejected for these basic mods? I feel if that ever happened, there would be a topic with 5000 pages on a forum like this one. These dealers are straight fucking assholes. Even at that, I don’t see them trying to void for those parts. I say, full bolt-on/tuned/flex fuel on E-35-40 and enjoy the shit out of it!!!!! F the Warranty
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 04:55 AM   #27
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Mostly everything I would have said has already been mentioned by needsdecalf and a few others so I won't repeat them, but remember one other thing: the higher the repair cost and/or more spectacular the failure the more likely BMW will look for a reason to deny the claim and blame a modification. If a major system were to have a catastrophic failure, BMW will absolutely look for a reason to say their design or parts aren't bad and that it must be because of something aftermarket.

It's all a risk, but risks can be managed. That's the value of the forums, social media and car meets. Talking to other owners that have put tens of thousands of miles on their cars with the mods you're considering and with no problems mechanically or electronically is definitely valuable information to have when you decide how much risk you're willing to take. Simple things like intakes, lowering springs and cat-back exhausts have many, many examples of working fine. If you're upping the boost, changing your fueling and chasing high HP and low quarter-mile passes, then you're playing a different game with your warranty and risk level.
kgelfen3602271.00
      08-23-2023, 09:15 AM   #28
Tethys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp, 330i, Camaro SS

Garage List
When I took my M8 Comp in for warranty work it had front mount intakes and secondary downpipes, they told me as long as I don't touch the primary cats or tune it I am fine on warranty.
Appreciate 2
Berzerker3037.50
TopJimmy5507.50
      08-23-2023, 09:17 AM   #29
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethys View Post
When I took my M8 Comp in for warranty work it had front mount intakes and secondary downpipes, they told me as long as I don't touch the primary cats or tune it I am fine on warranty.
Bingo!!!!
Appreciate 0