G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

04-23-2021, 09:20 PM   #67
scm6079
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, Lotus Exige S260

Garage List
I genuinely like the wheels, everything else I'll take a pass on.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 11:28 PM   #68
PARTS@STBMW
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Can't wait till the suspension kit is released.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2021, 12:26 AM   #69
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

A few more pictures of the M3 in Brooklyn Grey.
Attached Images

04-24-2021, 05:33 AM   #70
Masander
Private
Rep
Drives: Banglemobile

Thats one ugly ass mf. Even Banglemobile e65 pre lci looks amazing and classy compared to this
      04-24-2021, 11:41 AM   #71
Io
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
Pretty strange take to hear someone on a performance car enthusiast board say that performance doesn't matter.
I never said that performances do not matter. What I say is that I would not buy a car that looks like a mammoth’s excrement, even if it was as performant as a 911 turbo and twice cheaper. What I also say is that it is sad to see BMW M killing its image like that.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 11:47 PM   #72
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_f80m3 View Post
Asian Market Winner.

Rest Of The World Loser.

Man I wish this car looked better. It's a performance masterpiece. I will give it that. But damn.. what could've been.
Performance masterpiece ? Wait till you pull those paddles and feel the delay. No DCT - what a let down.

The fact that we have another Internal combustion M car is an achievement though with all this emissions nonsense. Something to be grateful for I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 02:36 AM   #73
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Must be a huge hit there. Car is all cheesed out, flared, with wings and winglets that don't do anything, big grills and bazooka exhaust. LOL... Just like covid has ruined most of that last 2 years, BMW has ruined their M3/M4.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 03:42 AM   #74
JJJBlackSaph86
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Rear of the M3/M4 looks too much like Lexus especially with that wing and the exhaust layout.

Front lip and rims look saucy though.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 06:52 AM   #75
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Must be a huge hit there. Car is all cheesed out, flared, with wings and winglets that don't do anything, big grills and bazooka exhaust. LOL... Just like covid has ruined most of that last 2 years, BMW has ruined their M3/M4.
Not remotely qualified as a huge hit here, compared to the M fever 7 years ago at first sight of last generation.

However, I do sense a trend that new customers are more accepting to the design than us who have history, which is very understandable.

The brand loyalty is seriously undermined. Very few from my M enthusiast social circle intend to upgrade to the new M.

The M itself already moved on. We either move on too or part with it.
      04-25-2021, 12:07 PM   #76
Nkr15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Quote:
Asian Market Winner.

Rest Of The World Loser.

Man I wish this car looked better. It's a performance masterpiece. I will give it that. But damn.. what could've been.
Performance masterpiece ? Wait till you pull those paddles and feel the delay. No DCT - what a let down.

The fact that we have another Internal combustion M car is an achievement though with all this emissions nonsense. Something to be grateful for I suppose.
Imagine not getting one with only 2 pedals. There's hundreds of cars out there like that but none like this with 3 pedals.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #77
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
I need an m performance shift knob

IND-Distribution can you make us one like the f87 gen with the right fitting boot?
      04-26-2021, 01:46 AM   #78
Designer003
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Not remotely qualified as a huge hit here, compared to the M fever 7 years ago at first sight of last generation.

However, I do sense a trend that new customers are more accepting to the design than us who have history, which is very understandable.

The brand loyalty is seriously undermined. Very few from my M enthusiast social circle intend to upgrade to the new M.

There are lines for ordering in dealerships across Shanghai for M3 M4. Now you have to add extra 10,000rmb+ otherwise delivery is going to be end of this year. Even normal 4 are selling quite well.

But I also do feel that it is a marketing tactic to limit the amount of cars for first release.

My M friends are very interested but not going to upgrade right away for many reasons. New engines/ECU are so complicated custom tune...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 02:42 AM   #79
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer003 View Post
There are lines for ordering in dealerships across Shanghai for M3 M4. Now you have to add extra 10,000rmb+ otherwise delivery is going to be end of this year. Even normal 4 are selling quite well.

But I also do feel that it is a marketing tactic to limit the amount of cars for first release.
I'm very aware of the situation where every single German luxury car seems to be in limited supply. Launch vehicle is getting people lined up (be noted official order started to be accepted just few days ago). It's a matter of supply and demand. These days car dealers have been trying to sell anything that has more customers than allocations at markup.

Try 911 it's even more so, although it's in a much higher price point and has much less customer in sheer number compared to the M.

Also it's never the BMW's market tactic to limit supply. For none limited car (a lot limited one as well) BMW has always been producing as many as customer wants. It's a COVID thing that seriously hurt the capacity. The most of German still work from home the most of the time.

In the foreseeable future, everything exotic is not going to stop upping the prices.
      04-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #80
Designer003
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
I'm very aware of the situation where every single German luxury car seems to be in limited supply. Launch vehicle is getting people lined up (be noted official order started to be accepted just few days ago). It's a matter of supply and demand. These days car dealers have been trying to sell anything that has more customers than allocations at markup.

Try 911 it's even more so, although it's in a much higher price point and has much less customer in sheer number compared to the M.

Also it's never the BMW's market tactic to limit supply. For none limited car (a lot limited one as well) BMW has always been producing as many as customer wants. It's a COVID thing that seriously hurt the capacity. The most of German still work from home the most of the time.

In the foreseeable future, everything exotic is not going to stop upping the prices.
I know what you are saying, but I am not so convinced about BMW has planned enough production to say they are producing as many as customer wants. Even China domestic manufactured 3 and 5 series has difficulty in delivering in time, which is not because of Covid since third quoter of last year.

It is common to restrict the supply despite the demand in order to maintain high price/value/demand of the premium and luxury brands.

Porsche is doing it for years, even to Macan, which is their best selling, profit-yielding vehicle.. it is basically Audi Q5 but always had more than 6 to 8 months delivery time in China.

I agree that in future markups are going to get more common.
Although manufacture might limit supply of vehicle but markups are done by dealerships for their own profit. I'm all against it and I hope manufactures will be more strict on these price markups.

I want M4 Comp.... performance of new generation M is best ever.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:07 AM   #81
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
A few pictures I took today from Shanghai International Auto Show. The M4 Competition wears full M performance parts including the exhaust.

Impression:

1. The car/grille do NOT look better in person. But, the car definately has the strong and authoritative presence with it, screaming special in an in-your-face fashion. I think those who think it does, do not hate the grille that much in the first place.

2. As opposed to the prevailing wisdom, KO Interior works very well with Toronto Red Exterior. Orange/Red (TR is quite orange) + Orange must be tacky or something. But turns out, the KO interior just has the correct amount of black part to work with the whole thing. I came to conclusion right away for the guys that want TR that the KO is the best interior option if you want something more than black in the cabin. The Silver Stone however from the M3 next to it is a bit pedestrain in comparison.

3. What's really tacky is the M Performance body parts. The lip is ok, but maybe I'm getting old already, the side skirt, rear bumper "cover" and rear wing are too much. The center mounted exhaust, I thought was ok from early pictures, but in real world Civic Type R is where it belongs. Maybe BMW is trying too hard to distract everyone from the grille.

4. The M3 in Brooklyn Grey is significantly taller, especially when sitting next to the M4. However, all the attentions instantly go to the face/grille, the rest of the car isn't all that noticeable.

5. For those with old Ms, make no mistake, the new M3/M4 is big, inside and out. It's the same wheelbase as the old M6 and similar length. I've already gotten used to big BMWs, commuting a 540Li (China Lengthened Version) for 3 years, and small cars (M2 for 5 years and F82/E90 M3s for even longer). I'm less frustrated in this regard.
I like the M Performance bits on Red. These will likely sell well in Asia, where these packages are very popular. China is probably a key market for the M3/M4.

Like someone said earlier, it looks like something Mugen would do.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #82
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
I like the M Performance bits on Red. These will likely sell well in Asia, where these packages are very popular. China is probably a key market for the M3/M4.

Like someone said earlier, it looks like something Mugen would do.
BMWs projected sales numbers for China are somewhere around 3% of global for the M3 and 11% for the M4.

For all of the hubbub (read: made up nonsense) over this car being designed for China you would think that they would be projecting a better ROI.

Reality: this car was designed for Southern California. The place that sells more M cars than anywhere else in the world. For better or worse.
Appreciate 1
xlover2191.00
      05-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #83
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
A few more pictures of the M3 in Brooklyn Grey.
Really wish I could see the MPE/accompanying diffuser without the side winglets. I initially thought they were part of the diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 03:25 AM   #84
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Asian Market Winner.

Rest Of The World Loser.

Imagine not getting one with only 2 pedals. There's hundreds of cars out there like that but none like this with 3 pedals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkr15 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Asian Market Winner.

Rest Of The World Loser.

Fair point. The vast majority in my circle who are M fanatics aren't upgrading. I was really surprised that a design would be so polarising but there you have it.

Looks do matter. The loss of the DCT also factors in.

But the fact that bmw used its emissions credits to get this car through is a great thing whatever it's flaws.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #85
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:

Your E36 M3 homies will not upgrade to the G80? ... Hmmmm....weird.
Appreciate 0