BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

05-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #45
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Why only keep until LCI? Just curious.
Although I bought this one, I usually lease because I like the new car every few years and by the LCI I'll probably be ready for something new and exciting. A little looks update, new color, maybe some new tech, perhaps move to the 826 bi-color wheels for variety, CF interior that I talked myself out of on this one, etc.
That's cool. This car is a keeper for me. First M car and so I am buying. I know more tech and updates will always be coming in next iteration so to me it's just a decision on when to jump off the merry go round and commit to a car for 5+ years.
Next but after this is a Z for the wife. She wants a fun car and doesn't want to drive an M.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 03:38 PM   #46
BMW2478
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW IX

Is individual the exact same as “paint to sample” program? I thought all individual paint in a given color is the same but now I’m starting to wonder after seeing voodoo look so different on different cars. (G82 vs g82)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 03:57 PM   #47
jct_m3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Garage List
Here is some insight for you - You can request a color that’s not BMW individual approved. You will need a allocation and a dealership who’s willing to hold up their allocation that long and one who’s willing to go through that process. Once you get an allocation and request the color it’ll take BMW around 5-6 months of research and there’s a chance it’ll get denied. IF approved then it’ll be delayed another 3-4 months for production. They likely paint a test car. Realistically it’s a bout a year process and it should cost around $5k.
      02-16-2024, 04:09 PM   #48
BMW2478
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct_m3 View Post
Here is some insight for you - You can request a color that’s not BMW individual approved. You will need a allocation and a dealership who’s willing to hold up their allocation that long and one who’s willing to go through that process. Once you get an allocation and request the color it’ll take BMW around 5-6 months of research and there’s a chance it’ll get denied. IF approved then it’ll be delayed another 3-4 months for production. They likely paint a test car. Realistically it’s a bout a year process and it should cost around $5k.
That part I get yea but is it possible a “voodoo blue” on a color match could be any different from “voodoo blue” direct from bmw individual?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 10:24 AM   #49
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2478 View Post
That part I get yea but is it possible a “voodoo blue” on a color match could be any different from “voodoo blue” direct from bmw individual?

No, Voodoo blue (in the same gen, not like a II or a III version) will be the same, it’s the phtography that will be the defining difference. In person they will be identical.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019153.50
      02-17-2024, 11:31 AM   #50
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
No, Voodoo blue (in the same gen, not like a II or a III version) will be the same, it’s the phtography that will be the defining difference. In person they will be identical.
Pretty sure II and III are also the same, it just denotes a different supplier, but BMW's deemed it close enough that it can be the same color.

Sakhir Orange III looks identical to II IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 11:34 AM   #51
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Pretty sure II and III are also the same, it just denotes a different supplier, but BMW's deemed it close enough that it can be the same color.

Sakhir Orange III looks identical to II IMO.
Usually, yes, but that’s not always the case. There have been a few that are complete reformulations.
Appreciate 0