BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-29-2024, 02:44 PM   #1
thrawnling
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C43 AMG

M3 Competition Xdrive order in Hungary

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask on your insights on my situation. I have ordered an M3 Competition Xdrive in March 2023 (Isle of Man Green with extended Kyalami Orange interior) and they provided me with a substantial discount. As of now my order is in status 111.

I got a call today from the dealer, informing me about the upcoming LCI in 07/2024. I have two options:

• I can keep my existing order and they will try to manufacture my car before seizing production of the pre-LCI model in June. Nevertheless, they have so many orders that they might not be successful. Currently my car is scheduled for production for week 20, but this can change any time. I already had at least two different production dates earlier, but my order got bumped to later dates. This can also happen to the above mentioned date, especially considering the huge amount of orders they have.

• I can cancel my order and place a new order for a post-LCI M3 Competition Xdrive, as soon as the exact order guide (specs, prices, etc.) is released. The dealer said that it should be released around May. However, they can’t guarantee anything: they have no idea about the new pricing, the amount of available discounts, specs, etc. What is more disturbing: they say that even though I placed my order in March 2023 for the pre-LCI version, this doesn’t mean that I will get preferential treatment. It might mean an additional 6-12 months of waiting time. The discount I have negotiated will also be lost, I will have to negotiate with them once again on the price.

What would you do in my situation? I am leaning towards the pre-LCI model as I got bored of waiting.

Also, I currently drive a C43 AMG with 110,000 kms (68,000 miles) and I only have 10,000 km (6,000 miles) until the end of the warranty period, which makes me anxious when I use the car, as I don’t want to drive it past the warranty period. Most likely nothing will happen, as this engine is quite good but it will be much more difficult to sell the car past the warranty period (according to the dealer). Hungary is a small market with relatively low purchasing power, so selling a 4-5 year old used AMG is not as easy here as in larger markets. I find myself using my wife’s car more and more often in order to avoid racking up miles, which is annoying as I love driving, this is the reason why I have an AMG in the first place… Driving my wife’s Hyundai Tucson is not really a rewarding experience...

Do you have any insights, suggestions, advice concerning my situation? What would you do in my place?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 02:50 PM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
If you have an allocation, it was determined by the factory that they can build the dealer a car if they receive an order. Unless there's any weird unforeseen delays, there should be no reason why they wouldn't be able to build your car. MY24 G80s are not done yet.

I would just keep your order. Worst case with option 1, you get pushed into option 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 03:54 PM   #3
thrawnling
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
If you have an allocation, it was determined by the factory that they can build the dealer a car if they receive an order. Unless there's any weird unforeseen delays, there should be no reason why they wouldn't be able to build your car. MY24 G80s are not done yet.

I would just keep your order. Worst case with option 1, you get pushed into option 2.
Yes, this was my thinking as well.

The only risk I can see is cancelling my order due to the lack of allocations AFTER the order guide is out for the post-LCI models. In this case I will only be able to order the post-LCI model AFTER the people who went for option 2 as a first choice.

Also, I am skeptical regaring the allocation. My order is currently on code 111 and I think it doesn't mean that production slot has been allocated yet...

But still, I think I will go for option 1...

Thnak you for your advice!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 04:31 PM   #4
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnling View Post
Yes, this was my thinking as well.

The only risk I can see is cancelling my order due to the lack of allocations AFTER the order guide is out for the post-LCI models. In this case I will only be able to order the post-LCI model AFTER the people who went for option 2 as a first choice.

Also, I am skeptical regaring the allocation. My order is currently on code 111 and I think it doesn't mean that production slot has been allocated yet...

But still, I think I will go for option 1...

Thnak you for your advice!
An allocation is an allocation. If the factory gave your dealer one, they *can* build you a car. You'd be slotted in for a build week (week 20) as what the factory thinks they can get you in for. I think MY25 M3s will start rolling off after that, towards June or so (week 20 is May)

If you have a production number (which you have a build status so you definitely have one) you have an allocation, no question. And status 111 means that the factory already accepted your order.

I'd just let it roll.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 04:49 PM   #5
thrawnling
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
An allocation is an allocation. If the factory gave your dealer one, they *can* build you a car. You'd be slotted in for a build week (week 20) as what the factory thinks they can get you in for. I think MY25 M3s will start rolling off after that, towards June or so (week 20 is May)

If you have a production number (which you have a build status so you definitely have one) you have an allocation, no question. And status 111 means that the factory already accepted your order.

I'd just let it roll.
Yes, the commercial director of the dealership confirmed that the production of MY25 M3s will start in early July (or maybe late June), so I should be fine with week 20. I was only anxious due to the fact that May 2024 is already the 3rd date allocated for my car. That said, I don't know what kind of status my car had when the dealer mentioned the earlier production slots... Maybe it hasn't reached status 111 previously...

Thank you once again for the comment! I hope to join the ranks of M3 owners in June the latest, looking very much forward to it!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 02:41 AM   #6
louderthanschnell
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrawnling View Post
Hi All,

I just wanted to ask on your insights on my situation. I have ordered an M3 Competition Xdrive in March 2023 (Isle of Man Green with extended Kyalami Orange interior) and they provided me with a substantial discount. As of now my order is in status 111.

I got a call today from the dealer, informing me about the upcoming LCI in 07/2024. I have two options:

• I can keep my existing order and they will try to manufacture my car before seizing production of the pre-LCI model in June. Nevertheless, they have so many orders that they might not be successful. Currently my car is scheduled for production for week 20, but this can change any time. I already had at least two different production dates earlier, but my order got bumped to later dates. This can also happen to the above mentioned date, especially considering the huge amount of orders they have.

• I can cancel my order and place a new order for a post-LCI M3 Competition Xdrive, as soon as the exact order guide (specs, prices, etc.) is released. The dealer said that it should be released around May. However, they can’t guarantee anything: they have no idea about the new pricing, the amount of available discounts, specs, etc. What is more disturbing: they say that even though I placed my order in March 2023 for the pre-LCI version, this doesn’t mean that I will get preferential treatment. It might mean an additional 6-12 months of waiting time. The discount I have negotiated will also be lost, I will have to negotiate with them once again on the price.

What would you do in my situation? I am [...]
I ordered mine at the end of May 2023 and the car arrived mid November at Wallis Motor Pest. Your waiting time looks a bit long, but if i were in your place i would wait for the Lci.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 02:26 PM   #7
riki21
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW g80 M3

I am in the same situation. I m order my g80 in spring 2023. My dealer (Schneider Pécs) is told me 3 different production date, the latest one is build week 15. So the dilemma is same here.
Appreciate 0