BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

12-19-2023, 06:06 PM   #1
m2for2
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Terrible Customer Service From Dealership

I recently leased a brand new M3 from BMW of Camarillo. Throughout the process, they were very slow to respond to questions and inquiries, dismissive of my concerns, and overall showed a lack of care for me as a customer.

After I bought the car, I tried for weeks to have my salesman help me find my BMWFS number.

He FINALLY sent the following in a text (after me following up 3-4 times):

"Our new finance lady doesn’t know how to pull it up. Let me get back to you on Monday, sorry for the delay. If I don’t have it by Monday your mats are free"

I immediately responded with "Sounds like a deal"

Monday passes...and no text from the salesman (of course).

I send a follow up text and ask about the mats he said would be free, and he only offers me a discount.

When I bring up that he told me they would be free, he starts making all kinds of excuses about how I'm "busting his balls" and "that would be all of the commission he made on the deal".

What do you think I should do? It feels like a slap in the face, and very unethical. You're really going to treat people like this who you just leased a $100,000 vehicle to?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 06:27 PM   #2
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2for2 View Post
I recently leased a brand new M3 from BMW of Camarillo. Throughout the process, they were very slow to respond to questions and inquiries, dismissive of my concerns, and overall showed a lack of care for me as a customer.

After I bought the car, I tried for weeks to have my salesman help me find my BMWFS number.

He FINALLY sent the following in a text (after me following up 3-4 times):

"Our new finance lady doesn’t know how to pull it up. Let me get back to you on Monday, sorry for the delay. If I don’t have it by Monday your mats are free"

I immediately responded with "Sounds like a deal"

Monday passes...and no text from the salesman (of course).

I send a follow up text and ask about the mats he said would be free, and he only offers me a discount.

When I bring up that he told me they would be free, he starts making all kinds of excuses about how I'm "busting his balls" and "that would be all of the commission he made on the deal".

What do you think I should do? It feels like a slap in the face, and very unethical. You're really going to treat people like this who you just leased a $100,000 vehicle to?
Call BMW financial directly. No need to go through the dealer for that. Link below.

https://myaccount.bmwfs.com/contactus

Sadly some dealerships out there lack customer service skills. I have had terrible experience with 2 BMW dealerships. I'm purchasing a new M3 and the entire staff are a bunch of assholes from the GSM, finance manager, to the sale person. I would have walked away from the deal but I don't want to start the process of searching another allocation. I'll leave them negative reviews once I pick up my car.
Appreciate 1
m2for2225.00
      12-19-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
m2for2
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Call BMW financial directly. No need to go through the dealer for that. Link below.

https://myaccount.bmwfs.com/contactus

Sadly some dealerships out there lack customer service skills. I have had terrible experience with 2 BMW dealerships. I'm purchasing a new M3 and the entire staff are a bunch of assholes from the GSM, finance manager, to the sale person. I would have walked away from the deal but I don't want to start the process of searching another allocation. I'll leave them negative reviews once I pick up my car.
Thanks man. Yeah I'm going to call BMW for sure.

Just to clarify, I'm not being unreasonable right? He made me a deal and I accepted.
Appreciate 1
iviegatron2542.00
      12-19-2023, 06:32 PM   #4
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Another thing to add, you should get a survey letting BMW know how your experience has been purchasing the vehicle. I was told by my friend (Sales guy at BMW) if you leave a negative review then it impacts their commission. I threatened my last dealership where I purchased my M3 from about giving them a negative feedback on the survey and they bent backwards to make things right.

No you're not being unreasonable at all. You have it in writing.
Appreciate 1
m2for2225.00
      12-19-2023, 06:38 PM   #5
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2for2 View Post
Thanks man. Yeah I'm going to call BMW for sure.

Just to clarify, I'm not being unreasonable right? He made me a deal and I accepted.
It’s not you man. They just suck. It’s kind of problem when these cars sell themselves they don’t feel like they have to do anything. Unproffesional for sure.

I guarantee u they make good commission on these cars. Considering people are getting 10% discount on M4s now and it’s the same price point for M3.

But sadly I doubt they will change…..
Appreciate 1
m2for2225.00
      12-19-2023, 06:39 PM   #6
m2for2
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Another thing to add, you should get a survey letting BMW know how your experience has been purchasing the vehicle. I was told by my friend (Sales guy at BMW) if you leave a negative review then it impacts their commission. I threatened my last dealership where I purchased my M3 from about giving them a negative feedback on the survey and they bent backwards to make things right.

No you're not being unreasonable at all. You have it in writing.
Thanks man. That's great info. I'll definitely let him know that I'm going to do the survey.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 08:51 AM   #7
AP's G80
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 6MT

What do you think I should do? It feels like a slap in the face, and very unethical. You're really going to treat people like this who you just leased a $100,000 vehicle to?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience with BMW of Camarillo. Sadly, bad customer service at BMW dealerships isn't too uncommon.

Let me share my bad experience. I originally placed my order for a 2024 M3 with a dealership that didn't put my order in the order bay. I only found out 2 months later when I called them to ask more questions. I went to a different dealership and they got me an allocation within 24 hours. Overall, my experience with the new dealership has been nothing but positive.

Maybe the first dealership didn't take me seriously as a customer or maybe because of their high salves volume, they didn't value me as a customer. Whatever the reason was, they lost my sale and any potential future business.
Appreciate 1
m2for2225.00
      12-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #8
m2for2
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP's G80 View Post
Sorry to hear about your terrible experience with BMW of Camarillo. Sadly, bad customer service at BMW dealerships isn't too uncommon.

Let me share my bad experience. I originally placed my order for a 2024 M3 with a dealership that didn't put my order in the order bay. I only found out 2 months later when I called them to ask more questions. I went to a different dealership and they got me an allocation within 24 hours. Overall, my experience with the new dealership has been nothing but positive.

Maybe the first dealership didn't take me seriously as a customer or maybe because of their high salves volume, they didn't value me as a customer. Whatever the reason was, they lost my sale and any potential future business.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this seems to be a common theme.. these dealerships act like the gatekeepers to paradise. Like Jesus guys, you're ultimately just stereotypical sleazy car salesman.
Appreciate 1