Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

08-12-2023, 12:14 PM   #1
edi221
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3C

KW V3 settings

Hi all,

I just installed KW V3 on my M3C. Just wondering if anyone just stayed default setting or did any adjustment.

For reference, am in Jakarta, and the roads are similar to New York, sometimes smooth, sometimes potholes, sometimes uneven.

Am just wondering if can be adjusted to be a bit softer?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 01:52 PM   #2
wowwitsgau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000 x2, 2022 M3 Comp

Garage List
You can try softening compression while leaving rebound where it is (rebound mainly affects wheel control, compression affects ride quality in simple terms). I have my bump set to max soft and left rebound at the recommended settings. Try it out and let me know how you like it
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2023, 09:05 PM   #3
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

I've been adjusting the settings (bump/rebound) for a few months now and I'm still making adjustments to find my preference. It really depends on what your tolerance is, what type of driving you do, the road conditions and preference. I'd suggest you do some research on double adjustable c/o's to find what you like best.

You can start here: https://motoiq.com/how-to-adjust-you...able-shocks/3/

I would read and watch the video to get an idea of where to start and what to adjust based on how the car feels and handles.

With that said, this is a link to my settings and notes so far. I update it every so often and then go for a test drive in the canyons. Again, this is my preference so your results will vary. I have other stuff on there like tire specs and alignment stuff. This was when I was researching tire widths based on my new wheels.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by evoi19; 08-12-2023 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2023, 10:36 AM   #4
edi221
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowwitsgau View Post
You can try softening compression while leaving rebound where it is (rebound mainly affects wheel control, compression affects ride quality in simple terms). I have my bump set to max soft and left rebound at the recommended settings. Try it out and let me know how you like it
Thank you for the reply. Just had it installed a week ago, and only had the chance to try yesterday. I will try what you suggested by dropping to the shop this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 10:43 AM   #5
edi221
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post
I've been adjusting the settings (bump/rebound) for a few months now and I'm still making adjustments to find my preference. It really depends on what your tolerance is, what type of driving you do, the road conditions and preference. I'd suggest you do some research on double adjustable c/o's to find what you like best.

You can start here: https://motoiq.com/how-to-adjust-you...able-shocks/3/

I would read and watch the video to get an idea of where to start and what to adjust based on how the car feels and handles.

With that said, this is a link to my settings and notes so far. I update it every so often and then go for a test drive in the canyons. Again, this is my preference so your results will vary. I have other stuff on there like tire specs and alignment stuff. This was when I was researching tire widths based on my new wheels.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Thank you so much for sharing, wow I got to study this and decide what I like.

As I said, the road here just like NY, sometimes smooth, sometimes uneven, sometimes potholes and so on. So I guess am looking for a smooth ride, if that's the correct term. I just want to enjoy my car when I drive on the weekends.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 11:08 AM   #6
edi221
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowwitsgau View Post
Follow up question, I read in 1 or 2 posts about bump set to max soft, so reading from you not so strange, but won't it be too soft? I don't know if this is the right wording, but when set to max soft, won't it be too bouncy then?

First time using V3 so got many questions to ask.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 02:18 PM   #7
wowwitsgau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000 x2, 2022 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edi221 View Post
Follow up question, I read in 1 or 2 posts about bump set to max soft, so reading from you not so strange, but won't it be too soft? I don't know if this is the right wording, but when set to max soft, won't it be too bouncy then?

First time using V3 so got many questions to ask.
Just try it out and see. Doing research only helps so much - you’ll find so many conflicting opinions out there on just about any topic it’s up to you to distill everything yourself
Appreciate 0