BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-03-2024, 01:08 PM   #111
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Gesture control IR emitter is triggering lasar for my V1G1. Is the Uniden R8 having the same issue? I assume the V1G2 is having the same issue. I have read through the rdforums, suggestion is to turn on the V1G2 rear lasar. For V1G1 is to apply electric tape to the rear lasar sensor on the front. What are all of you running to limit the false alarms? I figure that BMW NA paid for my two V1G1’s which I have had for over 10 years from my BMW CCA rebate checks, as considering the R8, but the size is a concern.
I think the answer is to disable the awful gesture feature instead of hampering your radar detector...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 01:31 PM   #112
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I think the answer is to disable the awful gesture feature instead of hampering your radar detector...
Yeah, turn that junk off. I’ve have enough saves with laser on my V1G1 alone that gesture control can suck it. Lol Also, FYI, turning off gesture control doesn’t always disable the output diode for it. You may need to cover it with something… like a colored sticker or something.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 01:46 PM   #113
Asindhidude
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT. Brooklyn/Fiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Yeah, turn that junk off. I’ve have enough saves with laser on my V1G1 alone that gesture control can suck it. Lol Also, FYI, turning off gesture control doesn’t always disable the output diode for it. You may need to cover it with something… like a colored sticker or something.
Where's the diode
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 02:57 PM   #114
fl1by
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80, Raptor, STI and C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
There's no not believing anything. If you got hit with Laser and were not pulled over, they chose to not do it. It's physically impossible for your detector to know about a laser hit before the gun informs the cop.
If this happens, slow to 10 MPH over the speed limit, pull towards the right lane and expect a conversation.

As far as utilizing the rear laser detection feature on Valentine 1 or 2 Gen... all that tells you is that you could be getting a ticket. On the the front, Valentine One Gen 2 does the best of picking up some "scatter" of the LEO shoots a different vehicle ahead of you.. Again, if he gages you as the car and gets your speed it is then up to him to cite you.

Stay in your comfort zone. Oh, if you decide to stomp on the brakes to avoid the citation, hope no one if following you too closely... they will never be able to react quickly enough...

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 03:03 PM   #115
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asindhidude View Post
Where's the diode
On the middle dash screen usually at the 9 and 3 o’clock positions on its edges. If you can’t see it by shining a slight on it, run your finger down the sides and stop when you’re blocking the flashing. Sometimes your cell phone camera on video mode will also show it flashing, depending on its camera capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 03:38 PM   #116
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Biggest problem still remaining for the V1G2 is the subpar and slow response to K band. For as chatty as it is on K, you’d think it wouldn’t be slower than the G1. Shame on Mike Valentine for not fixing this issue yet. Between that and the multi-Ka falsing that sometimes happens, I’m amazed people with the V1G1 still buy them. To a degree it’s a step down. I get it that Ka had much higher range now, but the hit to valid K threats and the loss of easy volume control is kind of bs. I’m running my G1 for as long as I can. Hasn’t let me down yet.
To circle back around to this, Valentine has now released an update for the V1G2 which fixes the K band slow reactivity it had and now it’s finally what it should have been since inception when it was released. BSM filter is also very good with this latest update and TSS LiDAR detection was fixed with the previous firmware update, so that should be all good now. If you can get at a good price, get one, it’s well worth it once you update it via their app, which is super easy. Even brand new I think they’re worth it now that those two shortcomings have been resolved.
Appreciate 2
Hit_Apex2373.50