BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

05-29-2022, 04:30 PM   #1
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2022

Frozen paint owners let’s discuss care product

I just got a M4 frozen black on Tuesday and already have gone through a huge learning curve keeping this paint in good condition. It’s very very difficult. But what I found was Dr. Beasley soap is expensive but well worth it because it will take the water spots off. Do not buy chemical guys sealant for matte finish it will chalk up your paint and it’s horrible. Anyone else have these issues?

Paint shows dirt water spots really fast and loud. Which is fine I can live with it because I love the frozen effect. It can screw up fast with cleaning products. Anyone else have suggestions?
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      05-29-2022, 06:43 PM   #2
CCM11285
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 G82

Look into a product like Gyeon Matte
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2022, 06:46 PM   #3
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Frozen paint really easy to maintain. Just wash and get a good matte detailer spray and your done. My frozen grey is still pristine on my GTS.
Appreciate 3
FISH225404.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
maelfyn156.50
      05-29-2022, 07:01 PM   #4
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigs View Post
Frozen paint really easy to maintain. Just wash and get a good matte detailer spray and your done. My frozen grey is still pristine on my GTS.
What detailer spray do you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2022, 07:50 PM   #5
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuindaass View Post
Quote:
What detailer spray do you recommend?
Dr. Beasley's
Appreciate 1
FISH225404.50
      05-29-2022, 08:06 PM   #6
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dr. Beasley's
Got it on order from Amazon tomorrow
Appreciate 1
KKSigs1267.50
      05-29-2022, 08:21 PM   #7
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Go to Dr Beasley's for EVERYTHING. I've used every matte specific product from them, and I couldn't ask for more. I did their matte coating Pro within a couple weeks of buying my Frozen White G80 last year, and it has most definitely protected the paint from stains and spots.

For perspective, I daily my G80, it sits outside 90% of the time, sitting at 12k miles now, and paint still looks new (no PPF as well).

All of their products are as good as you're gonna get. They are leaders in matte products, and have invested the most research in it. Their matte tutorials and videos are great too, worth spending some time on their site.
Appreciate 3
jeffrc3m3200.50
element561091.00
maelfyn156.50
      05-29-2022, 08:22 PM   #8
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
All you'll ever need here:

https://www.drbeasleys.com/shop/exte...-car-care.html
Appreciate 4
element561091.00
maelfyn156.50
      05-29-2022, 09:38 PM   #9
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Go to Dr Beasley's for EVERYTHING. I've used every matte specific product from them, and I couldn't ask for more. I did their matte coating Pro within a couple weeks of buying my Frozen White G80 last year, and it has most definitely protected the paint from stains and spots.

For perspective, I daily my G80, it sits outside 90% of the time, sitting at 12k miles now, and paint still looks new (no PPF as well).

All of their products are as good as you're gonna get. They are leaders in matte products, and have invested the most research in it. Their matte tutorials and videos are great too, worth spending some time on their site.
Wow that’s one heck of a endorsement. I’ll try them.
Appreciate 2
FISH225404.50
      05-29-2022, 09:41 PM   #10
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post

Wow that’s one heck of a endorsement. I’ll try them.
For sure. They are some of the more expensive products, but worth it
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 02:23 AM   #11
eMMit
M Enthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3Comp xDrive FDG

I couldn't agree more with the endorsement of Dr Beasley's.

I use the full Matte care kit, plus also use the AdvanceCoat: Matte every few weeks to top up the Matte Paint Coating (which goes on every 6 months or so).

No PPF for me either - the frozen finish (I have FDG) with Dr Beasleys is just too beautiful to warrant wrapping it.

Costs a bit, but you can get a lot of Dr Beasley's product for the price of a wap.
Appreciate 2
FISH225404.50
maelfyn156.50
      05-30-2022, 05:14 AM   #12
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMMit View Post

I use the full Matte care kit, plus also use the AdvanceCoat: Matte every few weeks to top up the Matte Paint Coating (which goes on every 6 months or so).

No PPF for me either - the frozen finish (I have FDG) with Dr Beasleys is just too beautiful to warrant wrapping it.

Costs a bit, but you can get a lot of Dr Beasley's product for the price of a wap.
Thanks. That’s another endorsement for De Beasely. I unfortunately started off with Chemical Guys blue matte sealant that left horrible chalky marks on the hood. I was freaked. Car was only 3 days old. Had a small rock chip on hood from my 1000 mile break in drive through west Texas and a couple light fender scratches from backing my other car into the garage near the M4 pushing a traffic cone meant as a backup guide into the M4 paint. Lol. All with no more than 50 miles on it. Light scratches and rock chips do not go away with satin paint. Just live with it I guess. But I used Dr Beasely matte soap to remove the chalky Chemical Guys crap coat. So I wouldn’t put any product that’s not clear. I’ll watch the Dr Beasely videos on YouTube.
Appreciate 1
eMMit226.50
      05-30-2022, 07:42 AM   #13
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:

I don't know how you guys are not getting not getting cars ppf. I ppf the full front and I continue to find more stone chips on the side of my doors and I want to ppf the rest of the car now. I don't know if bmws paint is soft or I'm just this car too hard. I will admit I don't just cruise with this vehicle that every time I take this vehicle out I give it a good 2-3 full WOT every time.

But I use Adam's mega foam and matte detailer and I think it's work great that I got a gallon of both.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      05-30-2022, 07:45 AM   #14
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. That’s another endorsement for De Beasely. I unfortunately started off with Chemical Guys blue matte sealant that left horrible chalky marks on the hood. I was freaked. Car was only 3 days old. Had a small rock chip on hood from my 1000 mile break in drive through west Texas and a couple light fender scratches from backing my other car into the garage near the M4 pushing a traffic cone meant as a backup guide into the M4 paint. Lol. All with no more than 50 miles on it. Light scratches and rock chips do not go away with satin paint. Just live with it I guess. But I used Dr Beasely matte soap to remove the chalky Chemical Guys crap coat. So I wouldn’t put any product that’s not clear. I’ll watch the Dr Beasely videos on YouTube.
Just curious if this is the matte soap from chemical guys you're talking about. I had another frozen dark grey owner who endorsed it so i actually have a gallon that just arrived since I wanted to give it a try.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #15
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. That's another endorsement for De Beasely. I unfortunately started off with Chemical Guys blue matte sealant that left horrible chalky marks on the hood. I was freaked. Car was only 3 days old. Had a small rock chip on hood from my 1000 mile break in drive through west Texas and a couple light fender scratches from backing my other car into the garage near the M4 pushing a traffic cone meant as a backup guide into the M4 paint. Lol. All with no more than 50 miles on it. Light scratches and rock chips do not go away with satin paint. Just live with it I guess. But I used Dr Beasely matte soap to remove the chalky Chemical Guys crap coat. So I wouldn't put any product that's not clear. I'll watch the Dr Beasely videos on YouTube.
Just curious if this is the matte soap from chemical guys you're talking about. I had another frozen dark grey owner who endorsed it so i actually have a gallon that just arrived since I wanted to give it a try.
I did my first wash with the chemical guy's matte soap and had zero issues. I've also used their detail spray a bit and flashes quick, also with no issues.

I bought the 16oz so I could try the Dr. B's stuff after and compare.

As of right now I'm happy with the chemical guys stuff for the price.

These are all post chemical guys wash pics. It's very hard to see dirt on this car from pics but I feel these pics are an accurate representation of what my car looks like in person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
dovaro129.50
maelfyn156.50
TopM10.00
Vin770.00
      05-30-2022, 10:52 AM   #16
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I ordered it from Amazon and just took it back yesterday. I think the doctor Beasely is superior.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 10:55 AM   #17
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't know how you guys are not getting not getting cars ppf. I ppf the full front and I continue to find more stone chips on the side of my doors and I want to ppf the rest of the car now. I don't know if bmws paint is soft or I'm just this car too hard. I will admit I don't just cruise with this vehicle that every time I take this vehicle out I give it a good 2-3 full WOT every time.

But I use Adam's mega foam and matte detailer and I think it's work great that I got a gallon of both.
You know you have a really good point I am going to check out getting PPF for the front. So you couldn’t tell a difference from the PPF film on the front and the sides with no film?
Appreciate 2
maelfyn156.50
      05-30-2022, 11:12 AM   #18
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I am curious can you tell me what kind of PPF film you had put on the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 11:30 AM   #19
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Small rock chip on hood with only 1200 miles on frozen black M4 not even 7 days old of ownership. Light rear fender scratch from parking cone. Time to commit suicide? (Joe King). How to keep my M4 looking bitchen. PPF?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #20
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. That's another endorsement for De Beasely. I unfortunately started off with Chemical Guys blue matte sealant that left horrible chalky marks on the hood. I was freaked. Car was only 3 days old. Had a small rock chip on hood from my 1000 mile break in drive through west Texas and a couple light fender scratches from backing my other car into the garage near the M4 pushing a traffic cone meant as a backup guide into the M4 paint. Lol. All with no more than 50 miles on it. Light scratches and rock chips do not go away with satin paint. Just live with it I guess. But I used Dr Beasely matte soap to remove the chalky Chemical Guys crap coat. So I wouldn't put any product that's not clear. I'll watch the Dr Beasely videos on YouTube.
I did my first wash with the chemical guy's matte soap and had zero issues. I've also used their detail spray a bit and flashes quick, also with no issues.

I bought the 16oz so I could try the Dr. B's stuff after and compare.

As of right now I'm happy with the chemical guys stuff for the price.

These are all post chemical guys wash pics. It's very hard to see dirt on this car from pics but I feel these pics are an accurate representation of what my car looks like in person.
I just tried this morning, It definitely didn't foam as well as well as the mega foam from Adam's. But I didn't have any streaking issues. I foam twice when I wash this car…Just curious - is your front lip after market? Or port installed. I did an aftermarket installed on it and I'm not very happy with the gap between the pieces.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 01:44 PM   #21
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM4 View Post
Quote:

I am curious can you tell me what kind of PPF film you had put on the car?
I went with STEK after several members swear Xpel clear would effect the sheen. I can honestly tell you from STEK. I can't tell the difference. But these chips happens, I have it on my side doors already and even my STEK ppf has gotten hit with chips. But I drive like a maniac privately so your mileage may vary.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2022, 03:16 PM   #22
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
I just tried this morning, It definitely didn't foam as well as well as the mega foam from Adam's. But I didn't have any streaking issues. I foam twice when I wash this car…Just curious - is your front lip after market? Or port installed. I did an aftermarket installed on it and I'm not very happy with the gap between the pieces.
Port installed. Fits perfect, I think... I didn't notice any gap but will check later today.

Were you happy with the overall cleaning power with chemical guys soap? I usually us Adam's and I still have a bunch of their cleaning products but I'm scared I'll mix the regular and matte stuff up and screw up my paint so I gave chemical guys a shot.
Appreciate 0