BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

10-27-2021, 09:39 AM   #1
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Financing Question and Stop Sales

My car is at sea and due to port on Nov 8th. I want to lock in the BMW promo rate of 0.9% for 5 years before the end of the month, but my CA is telling me that the rate can't be locked due to the RAM stop sale on this.

This seems like BS, can anybody confirm? Thanks!
      10-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #2
f82_gold
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 COMP

If they ran your credit when you ordered the vehicle its locked in for 90 days on the west coast and 60 on the east. If you are past the 90 days and they run it again its based on whatever promo bmw is running at the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 10:24 AM   #3
Flying05
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82_gold View Post
If they ran your credit when you ordered the vehicle its locked in for 90 days on the west coast and 60 on the east. If you are past the 90 days and they run it again its based on whatever promo bmw is running at the time.
They did. It run I only filled out a document on income etc. but they are telling me they can't lock me in with the car being on stop sale and the current promo expires at the end of the month unless they extend to November.
      10-27-2021, 10:29 AM   #4
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
My car is at sea and due to port on Nov 8th. I want to lock in the BMW promo rate of 0.9% for 5 years before the end of the month, but my CA is telling me that the rate can't be locked due to the RAM stop sale on this.

Your CA is wrong, trust me they (BMW) will allow you to fill out a credit ap. You can do it directly with BMW Financial online. The lock will be good for 60 days from that point. Just wait until Friday or Saturday and fill it out. Unlikely you will be stuck at VPC for two months.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      10-27-2021, 10:38 AM   #5
Flying05
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Quote:

Your CA is wrong, trust me they (BMW) will allow you to fill out a credit ap. You can do it directly with BMW Financial online. The lock will be good for 60 days from that point. Just wait until Friday or Saturday and fill it out. Unlikely you will be stuck at VPC for two months.
Do you happen to know if the approval is automatically through BMW website or is it passed on to the dealer to handle? To be honest, I don't 100% trust my dealer.
      10-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #6
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82_gold View Post
There were reports that current lock timeline was increased to 90 days for east coast and 120 days for west coast due to additional delays. Not sure if the updated timeline still holds true.

Quote:
They did. It run I only filled out a document on income etc. but they are telling me they can't lock me in with the car being on stop sale and the current promo expires at the end of the month unless they extend to November.
Stop sale doesnt have any influence on locking current rates.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:09 AM   #7
edofloat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Do you happen to know if the approval is automatically through BMW website or is it passed on to the dealer to handle? To be honest, I don't 100% trust my dealer.
The dealers will be able to see it, plus I believe you can select the dealer when you fill it out and BMW probably notifies them too. It's been a while since I have done this. Either way, the dealer can call BMWFS if they don't see it and get the approval.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #8
edofloat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
There were reports that current lock timeline was increased to 90 days for east coast and 120 days for west coast due to additional delays. Not sure if the updated timeline still holds true.

Stop sale doesnt have any influence on locking current rates.
I contacted my dealer last month and was told it varies, in the midwest, they said it was 60 days. Now it may be longer due to delays but still may vary by region.
Appreciate 0