BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

06-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #1
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Keis Carbon fiber pieces.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was wondering if anyone bought or seen any of the CF stuff from Kies and about the quality?

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...-mirror-covers

I was wondering about these mirror caps?

And also what does it mean “dry carbon” vs OEM stuff.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2023, 02:42 PM   #2
Sp2pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX

Couple people mentioned some wind noise from the Kies mirror caps and that you can get them cheaper elsewhere.
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...highlight=kies

I bought a Kies spoiler. Weave is good. Tape application is a bit uneven and doesn't stick to my trunk in some areas. I don't think it'll fly off, but the gap(s) bother me.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602209.50
      06-09-2023, 02:47 PM   #3
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Most of the stuff is white labeled dongsai, which is pretty good quality but you can buy it direct from dongsai yourself for quite a bit cheaper if you’re willing to wait a little for delivery from China.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602209.50
      06-09-2023, 02:55 PM   #4
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
I was wondering if anyone bought or seen any of the CF stuff from Kies and about the quality?

Thank you.
I've gone through so many carbon fiber mirror covers all the way from Ali Baba, eBay, Auto Technik, and Kies. All had some sort of an issue. Went through 8-9 sets. The one that fit the best on the very first try was from CT Carbon. Fitment was spot on. Highly recommended.

Ali Baba - Bought 2 sets and it didn't fit at all.

eBay - Bought 1 set, they were reselling Ali Baba crap

AutoTechnik - Went through 5 sets, they kept sending one after another. Issue with their's was the LED turn signal would not sit flush with the housing. Due to the gap you would hear wind noise while driving. Finally they sent a set that looked like it fit properly but it had too much flex. You can hear the noise in the video below.

https://youtube.com/shorts/31HidkQb7uE?feature=share

Kies - Bought 1 set and it had flex (see video below) on the passenger side and the LED turn signal did not sit flush.

https://youtu.be/q_WHrFo8IeE

Most of these vendors are getting their parts from the same supplier, they all had this one sticker inside the cover that's written in Chinese. You can easily tell. Only good thing about Kies and Autotechnik was their customer support. They refunded 100% of my money unlike Alibaba and eBay.

I have bought a lot of carbon fiber parts from CT Carbon and their fitment has been perfect. Should have gone to them in the first place. If you want mirror covers then go to them. You won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 4
Sp2pilot168.50
kgelfen3602209.50
Galandel191.50
LuckyBrand1294.50
      06-11-2023, 07:57 PM   #5
nu2M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Competition xDriv

From my limited experience purchasing carbon fiber parts online for the M3, they appear to all be manufactured in China and the quality varies quite a bit from different vendors. I purchased a rear diffuser on eBay and was of excellent quality and fitment. I purchased mirror caps from a different vendor and build quality was lacking but the fitment was good. I got them for so cheap, I can live with them for the time being. 😆 The “big name” online shops all get them from China so it’s smart to shop around. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602209.50
      06-11-2023, 08:10 PM   #6
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2M View Post
From my limited experience purchasing carbon fiber parts online for the M3, they appear to all be manufactured in China and the quality varies quite a bit from different vendors. I purchased a rear diffuser on eBay and was of excellent quality and fitment. I purchased mirror caps from a different vendor and build quality was lacking but the fitment was good. I got them for so cheap, I can live with them for the time being. 😆 The “big name” online shops all get them from China so it’s smart to shop around. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks that seems to be what others have mentioned as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 08:13 PM   #7
nu2M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Competition xDriv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post

Thank you.
Kies sells quality products (also from China I believe) but you’ll pay for them. Kies is pretty pricey IMO. RW Carbon is another reputable store and they seem to have slightly better prices. In regards to dry carbon, all I know is that they are of better quality than the alternative. I’m sure you can Google it.
Appreciate 0